Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 3:49 pm

While I don't think that all asian women are attractive, I do find that many of them fit into the broad outlines of what I consider to be attractive, both physically and personality wise.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, as I am attracted to women who could be considered 'cute', who are short, and who are fiesty, intelligent, and weird in some way or another.
Many, though certainly not all, of the asian women I've met fit these characteristics.

I'm also quite attracted to blondes, redheads, brunettes, and generally any woman who's decent looking, intelligent, fiesty, and kind of weird.

That being said, though I've never been with an asian woman I'd love to as I find their relative exoticness sexy and exciting in a particular way that can not be said about many other races.
Again, I don't think there's anything in particular wrong with that either.

I guess my point is, just because a guy says he's attracted to asian women, doesn't necessarily mean that it's for bad reasons, or that it's to the exclusion of others.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 4:27 pm

I didn't really think the first comment of that guy was awful.
The stereotype of an American, blonde, entitled woman is was merely to say that you didn't appear to fit into that stereotype. Maybe you do, who knows? I'm sure he doesn't really know either, but he's conveying a lot of what he wants in someone with that statement I think.
Americanized women, as the stereotype that I think he was trying to portray, aren't self-supporting, strong-willed women. They're narcissitic, empty-headed, materialistic and shallow as well as strong-willed about it. Housewives of orange county American woman. Women who *ahem* dye their hair blonde.

Enh, he's guilty of a poor word choice. He's potentially guilty of disliking American culture, potentially guilty of judging people on first looks too much. Oh wait, this is a dating site where you kinda have to judge someone based on looks, right?

Of course, I don't have any experience with someone thinking I'm a submissive, Asian woman, and I don't like most stereotypical American ideals, so I don't feel connected to the stereotypes he's bringing up.

Suffice it to say, if you were offended by the first sentence a potential date utters, of course he's not a keeper. Some of the other stuff he said was, well, odd, but to be fair, you prompted the discussion further down the lines of stereotypes, so it'd require some pretty nifty quick thinking on his part to come out of such a thing and being able to save face. What can he say, no he doesn't want someone submissive and then prompt an argument about it with you since you don't know what else he could have meant when he used the word American as an undesirable trait? Backpeddle and say he shouldn't have used the word American even though it wouldn't even be clear to him that that was necessarily what got you upset?

Poor motivation

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 5:36 pm

Yuzu wrote:
No not really.

But those are race(s)-related physical traits as well.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 6:51 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
No not really.

But those are race(s)-related physical traits as well.

Correct. I don't mind if someone has certain preferences appearance-wise.

But if someone expects you to have blond hair & blue eyes just because you're white, that's wrong.

Just like that guy had a race-related assumption about me just because I'm Asian.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 7:01 pm

Asian women are as materialistic as American women, some maybe more so.
If he wants someone who is not materialistic nor vapid, he should date a brainy left-wing hippy girl.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm

Yuzu wrote:
elkclan wrote:
Ugghhh... I feel for Asian women...I do. Having to suffer from the attention of jerkwads who want to date them because they think they're extra submissive. Great.

It's not so much about me being Asian. It can be said of any race. If you were told that a part of attraction to you was because of your race, isn't that a real turn off? Or it's just me who think so.

However, if it's just an aesthetic preference it doesn't bother me so much.

Yes, to me it would be a turnoff.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 10:56 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
elkclan wrote:
Ugghhh... I feel for Asian women...I do. Having to suffer from the attention of jerkwads who want to date them because they think they're extra submissive. Great.

It's not so much about me being Asian. It can be said of any race. If you were told that a part of attraction to you was because of your race, isn't that a real turn off? Or it's just me who think so.

However, if it's just an aesthetic preference it doesn't bother me so much.

Yes, to me it would be a turnoff.

I wonder if you are the exception and not the rule.