The real reason why you aren't hit on much by women.

Page 5 of 19 [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 7:24 am

314pe wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
in order to be interesting to other people, you need to actually put in the time and effort to be interesting

Unless you're extroverted.

Not what I said.

Quote:
The amount of fighting going on on this site is getting ridiculous.

Agreed.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 7:25 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Quote:

This is not how you worded.

This how you said it:

"there's a direct negative correlation between people who do all their "socializing" from behind a computer screen, and people who are worth getting to know. "

It is crystal clear, it includes all the people who don't have friends in real life; and probably online have online friend - and that's a big portion of WP members.

You can't tell if they are doing efforts or not, maybe they are doing efforts but all in vain, maybe their online "socializing" is part of this effort in order to get friends for real.

Maybe they are jobless, maybe they are severally autistic ....you can't tell of their circumstances; and you failing to see this and to understand and sympathize this, means that you are not eligible to be a representative of an autism community.

I don't believe in online friendship myself, but calling those who engage in it are NOT WORTHY to know is an asshole-move.

You are free to keep viewing them like this and to word them too, but if you have any self-dignity, you would resign your mod status.

I know how I worded it and I stand by what I said.

Boring people are boring.

And I'm not resigning as a mod because you decided to throw a hissy fit.

There's a difference between calling someone boring and not worthy to know.

Also, what's boring to you may not be boring to someone else, hence worth to know for them, yet you are insisting to call all those introverts as boring and not worth to know for everyone.

Quote:
And I'm not resigning as a mod because you decided to throw a hissy fit.

I am not surprised.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 7:29 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

There's a difference between calling someone boring and not worthy to know.

Also, what's boring to you may not be boring to someone else, hence worth to know for them, yet you are insisting to call all those introverts as boring and not worth to know for everyone.

1. I didn't single-out introverts. I singled-out people who have nothing going on in their lives.

2. I said "in my experience." Obviously, YMMV. It's really no different from claiming women think with a "hive mind" because of some nonsensical shenanigans on a dating website.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 7:33 am

Quote:
2. I said "in my experience." Obviously, YMMV. It's really no different from claiming women think with a "hive mind" because of some nonsensical shenanigans on a dating website.

I am not a mod, nor I claim to be eligible for that.

But you are currently a mod.

Saying "in my experience" doesn't change anything what you said - if a mod says "in my experience, women are jerks" would still be eligible to be one?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 7:42 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I am not a mod, nor I claim to be eligible for that.

But you are currently a mod.

Saying "in my experience" doesn't change anything what you said - if a mod says "in my experience, women are jerks" would still be eligible to be one?

Depends on the consensus of the other moderators and the final opinion of Alex himself.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 7:46 am

@The_Face_of_Boo I understand that you may not agree with XFilesGeek saying what she said, and that that is your opinion, and I'm not defending her saying that nor am I saying she shouldn't have said it, but that doesn't give you the right to say that she should no longer be a mod or create a petition to get her stripped of her position. Alex and the site mod team decide if that happens, not you. If you are concerned about a moderator, you have every right to PM Alex or another moderator and voice your concerns, but I'm pretty sure that doing what you've done is against site rules. So if anyone is going to get in trouble in this situation, it's most likely to be you, because you've put yourself at risk.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 8:06 am

^ Meh.

It's no biggie. Boo's just upset, and I'd speak against any punitive action against him.

Believe me, it's not the first time someone has demanded my head on a platter, and it probably won't be the last. :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 8:16 am

Catlover5 wrote:
@The_Face_of_Boo I understand that you may not agree with XFilesGeek saying what she said, and that that is your opinion, and I'm not defending her saying that nor am I saying she shouldn't have said it, but that doesn't give you the right to say that she should no longer be a mod or create a petition to get her stripped of her position. Alex and the site mod team decide if that happens, not you. If you are concerned about a moderator, you have every right to PM Alex or another moderator and voice your concerns, but I'm pretty sure that doing what you've done is against site rules. So if anyone is going to get in trouble in this situation, it's most likely to be you, because you've put yourself at risk.

I do not have the power nor the right to strip her of her mod status.

But petitions are free speech expressions.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 8:21 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
But petitions are free speech expressions.

Well, yes, but it would better to talk to Alex in private. You're lucky that XFilesGeek has decided not to punish you for this, because another moderator may not have been so lenient. Just saying.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 8:22 am

OK, next time I'll actually read the whole thread before I post a reply because this seems to have gone on some kind of tangent.

Last edited by RetroGamer87 on 13 Jul 2015, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 8:22 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
... since I see the exact same people come back here year after year, complaining about the same issues, again and again, I'm guessing my definition of "boring" isn't just limited to myself.
It isn't.

The same old people whining about the same old things ... if that's all that they know how to do, then it's no wonder that no one is interested in them. Who want's to get to know a whiner and a complainer, whose only other interests involve on-line activities? No one that I know.

WrongPlanet has been very helpful to me in my personal growth. All I've had to do is take note of the complainers, the losers, the slackers, and the whiners, and try to not be anything like them in the real world.

I've taken up hobbies and interests that other people find interesting, and my social circle has grown. I never would have considered this as a viable method of gaining friends until I noticed the now-obvious correlation between people who complain about having no friends, and their lack of interest in activities that could attract people to them. So, my own personal experiences are why I agree with the statement that "There's a direct negative correlation between people who do all their "socializing" from behind a computer screen, and people who are worth getting to know."

There is nothing wrong with expressing the truth, even if the truth is bothersome to others.

XFilesGeek is a good moderator.

The_Face_of_Boo is a good person, too.

Neither of them has done anything worthy of being punished for.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 8:38 am

Fnord wrote:
So, my own personal experiences are why I agree with the statement that "There's a direct negative correlation between people who do all their "socializing" from behind a computer screen, and people who are worth getting to know."

My experience is completely opposite of yours. I've met a lot of boring extroverts and a lot of interesting introverts. Some of the most amazing people I've ever met were 100% introverts and had hardly any friends at all. Many extroverts that I know spend their free time partying and are really boring. They're only interested in electronic music, drugs and drinking.

So in my experience, the're a positive correlation and it makes sense. If you don't have many friends, you have more free time to do interesting things. Some of those may be in front of a computer.

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2015, 10:49 am

The statement in question seems to be a near perfect answer to:

"The real reason why you aren't hit on much by women. "

What's everybody really talking about?

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 12:40 pm

Anachron wrote:
Women are scared, like you.

but obviously women have societal-approval to be passive, and there is always the annoying penis-vagina argument.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 2:35 pm

Women are dangerous.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 2:36 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:

sorry we can't all be cowboys , mountain climbers, rescue operators, fire men, police, military or some toher interesting thing.

None of which are required for being "interesting to other people.

Quote:
whatever. you and such judgmental people are best not to know too.I dont' want to know somoene that thinks because somene spends a lot of time in front of one screen or another they'll a suck person. for that matter why are you on here? sitting in your homes looking at this screen go get out and go to a in person support group.

You mean like judging 50% of the human race as "too picky" and "shallow" for not wanting to go out with you?

Quote:
willing to bet most aspies are invovet on pc types. we suck at being social, the internet solved that for a lot of us and lets us be social for first times in our lifes and you nag on us for it. :(

No, I'm saying that, in my experience, boring people are boring, and if you want other people to be interested in you, you need to make an effort to be interesting.

40% of the population I don't ever say all women.

broing to you maybe. I bet i'd find you super boring. my friend runs all the time and goes to the gym. OMFG is he boring. its all he talks about. yet you'd say that's interesting.

and yes the first one is required for people to find you interest. you have to have some kind of extrovert outgoing activity. all indoor ones seem to be considered boring. you're into chemistry . that sboring, like building computers, boring. etc.

well at least 1/3 of the population isn't into extroverted outgoing activities. could be even up to 50% so i would think that those in the 1/3-50% would find us interesting. I find a videgaming nerdy lady interesting.

so i need to stop being myself and doing things that make me happy and start doing things I hate but make others happy. yep sounds depressing. course they still won't like me because now I'll be sad all the time and broke from doing those activities, so i'd be worse off then I am now.