I like it when mediocre girls (with plump bodies) like me

Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 1:20 am

Peacesells wrote:
I think you are confusing being aware of a woman's flaws and offending her.

Offence is in the ear of the listener. Any kind of criticism can offend. People usually couldn't care less about your reasons for saying anything, even if you state them. They don't like the conclusion and judge you personally for it.

Manners usually help, but they're by no means a guarantee, as often what offends is truly the idea being expressed, not the way to deliver it. In fact, sometimes being polite only makes people hate you even more, because they take it as a sign of hypocrisy.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 1:28 am

sly279 wrote:
why is it wrong i don't like skinny women? didn't say I hate them or wouldn't date them. i just don't prefer them I like to cuddle, its not comfy for either people to cuddle skinny women.

Oh would you still date them even if they are skinny?
Spiderpig wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
I think you are confusing being aware of a woman's flaws and offending her.

Offence is in the ear of the listener. Any kind of criticism can offend. People usually couldn't care less about your reasons for saying anything, even if you state them. They don't like the conclusion and judge you personally for it.

Manners usually help, but they're by no means a guarantee, as often what offends is truly the idea being expressed, not the way to deliver it. In fact, sometimes being polite only makes people hate you even more, because they take it as a sign of hypocrisy.

But people usually can't read minds. Also it would be best for everyone to be able to accept constructive criticism without feeling offended.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 2:07 am

@Sly: The majority of females I am attracted to are 'out of shape'. Some are slightly overweight medically.

Right now I am attracted to an average-sized woman but she admits that she does not exercise and eats unhealthily.

To say she is 'fit' or 'athletic' is a medical and scientific lie.

And no I don't think sir in my humble opinion that it's 'offensive' to consider her in these regards.

It's just true for me.

I am lean and average or possibly slightly fit teenage guy at my school. Low body fat and decent muscles. Most females I've been attracted to have just been out of shape. I'm always the more active, athletic one, etc. The females that are 'out-of-shape' are either slightly overweight, or if they are average sized then they don't exercise or eat healthy and are a bit sluggish. I've noticed I've always been attracted to slow walkers when I myself jog or even run to classes.

They have flaws but I like it.

Why is it such a bad thing to accept the facts?

Societies standards aren't always right but they are certainly a good guide line.

If we totally ignored societies standards none of us here would even have a 'disability' or diagnosis for Aspergers/Autism at all.

By societies standards we have poorer social development than the average person, and all the other symptoms of the disorder.

The fact is yes our Autistic Spectrum Disorders are an officially real medical condition with real existing problems and issues and to simply ignore it would mean we wouldn't have any support, we wouldn't have this website, etc.

By societies standards an overweight person has more body fat and more likely to succumb to multiple diseases than the average person, and all the other symptoms of the condition.

Just like being overweight or obese is an officially real medical condition with real existing problems and issues (overweight and obese people are more likely to have diabetes, heart disease, stroke, muscle and posture issues, etc.).

I think maybe we should try and shift the focus of this topic back onto the OP instead of continuing to argue about this whole 'mediocre' thing.

I'd like to agree to disagree with anyone who disagrees wth me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 2:19 am

^^ what if AS doesn't really exist and it's just a social construct thing?

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 2:25 am

Are you being genuine or do you mean that in a way to prove my point?

I'm just making a comparison. We all know and understand AS is real. The problems and difficulties we face are real.

And if it's not real but a social construct, the problems and difficulties are still there. They are still real.

Just like whether we slap a label on overweight people or not, they're still more likely to have diabetes, stroke, heart disease, etc.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 3:06 am

Peacesells wrote:
sly279 wrote:
why is it wrong i don't like skinny women? didn't say I hate them or wouldn't date them. i just don't prefer them I like to cuddle, its not comfy for either people to cuddle skinny women.

Oh would you still date them even if they are skinny?

yes. provided we are compatible and I find them kinda attractive(face). I find most women have pretty faces. I guess we'd just be limited to no cuddling have have to use lots of padding blankets.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 3:17 am

Outrider wrote:
@Sly: The majority of females I am attracted to are 'out of shape'. Some are slightly overweight medically.

Right now I am attracted to an average-sized woman but she admits that she does not exercise and eats unhealthily.

To say she is 'fit' or 'athletic' is a medical and scientific lie.

And no I don't think sir in my humble opinion that it's 'offensive' to consider her in these regards.

It's just true for me.

I am lean and average or possibly slightly fit teenage guy at my school. Low body fat and decent muscles. Most females I've been attracted to have just been out of shape. I'm always the more active, athletic one, etc. The females that are 'out-of-shape' are either slightly overweight, or if they are average sized then they don't exercise or eat healthy and are a bit sluggish. I've noticed I've always been attracted to slow walkers when I myself jog or even run to classes.

They have flaws but I like it.

Why is it such a bad thing to accept the facts?

Societies standards aren't always right but they are certainly a good guide line.

If we totally ignored societies standards none of us here would even have a 'disability' or diagnosis for Aspergers/Autism at all.

By societies standards we have poorer social development than the average person, and all the other symptoms of the disorder.

The fact is yes our Autistic Spectrum Disorders are an officially real medical condition with real existing problems and issues and to simply ignore it would mean we wouldn't have any support, we wouldn't have this website, etc.

By societies standards an overweight person has more body fat and more likely to succumb to multiple diseases than the average person, and all the other symptoms of the condition.

Just like being overweight or obese is an officially real medical condition with real existing problems and issues (overweight and obese people are more likely to have diabetes, heart disease, stroke, muscle and posture issues, etc.).

I think maybe we should try and shift the focus of this topic back onto the OP instead of continuing to argue about this whole 'mediocre' thing.

I'd like to agree to disagree with anyone who disagrees wth me.

athletic is a different body type. you can be overweight and be athletic or underweight and athletic. same with fit.

women who play larcross come to mind. just as men who hit the gym alot and build tons of muscle are overweight.

by society standards people with as are inferior and losers. but I don't think that's true I think plenty of aspies are great people.

see you can use aspergers as a bad thing or you can view it as good people who are differnt'

the word used int his thread would be like calling aspies ret*d. in fact it use to be ok and normal to do so. that is what this is.

if we go by that most the worlds population is overwieght but others a difference between overwieght and obese or they would just be one word not two words with different meanings.

what is good and what is not very good is up to each person to decide, he used the word that means not very good, so he doesn't see them as good. I would not want to be with a woman who sees me as a lessor man. I want to be with a woman who thinks I'm fantastic and the best thing to happen to her. women I would imagine want the same. to see them as lessor then other women sounds like one is just settling for what they can have instead of what they want and could love.

friend: so thats your boyfirend do you love him
her:oh him hes ok, not very good though.
boytfirend: not very good, :(

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 3:19 am

Outrider wrote:
Are you being genuine or do you mean that in a way to prove my point?

I'm just making a comparison. We all know and understand AS is real. The problems and difficulties we face are real.

And if it's not real but a social construct, the problems and difficulties are still there. They are still real.

Just like whether we slap a label on overweight people or not, they're still more likely to have diabetes, stroke, heart disease, etc.

doesn't mean you have to slap a negative label on them.
bet you complain when people do it to you about AS.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 3:36 am

sly279 wrote:
what is good and what is not very good is up to each person to decide, he used the word that means not very good, so he doesn't see them as good. I would not want to be with a woman who sees me as a lessor man. I want to be with a woman who thinks I'm fantastic and the best thing to happen to her. women I would imagine want the same. to see them as lessor then other women sounds like one is just settling for what they can have instead of what they want and could love.

But everybody settles. There will always be someone a bit better than what you have.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 3:39 am

sly279 wrote:
yes. provided we are compatible and I find them kinda attractive(face). I find most women have pretty faces.

So you are aware of the fact that their body is skinny, but still could value them for other things! :wink:
Quote:
I guess we'd just be limited to no cuddling have have to use lots of padding blankets.

Why no cuddling? And what did you mean about blankets? :?
sly279 wrote:
he used the word that means not very good, so he doesn't see them as good.

That is not correct because, as I and Outrider have explained a gogillion times, he uses that word to refer to their body, not to the person as a whole. To refer to these women he actually used the word "amazing".

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 3:46 am

It would be better to not use any words like 'mediocre' (the way OP referred to obese girls) or '2 dogfood bags' (the way sly referred to skinny girls) to describe anything, body or not.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 3:59 am

Peacesells wrote:
sly279 wrote:
yes. provided we are compatible and I find them kinda attractive(face). I find most women have pretty faces.

So you are aware of the fact that their body is skinny, but still could value them for other things! :wink:
Quote:
I guess we'd just be limited to no cuddling have have to use lots of padding blankets.

Why no cuddling? And what did you mean about blankets? :?
sly279 wrote:
he used the word that means not very good, so he doesn't see them as good.

That is not correct because, as I and Outrider have explained a gogillion times, he uses that word to refer to their body, not to the person as a whole. To refer to these women he actually used the word "amazing".

I would and do not label them with a negative meaning word to describe their body. skinny is not a negative word it is in fact what many strive for.

have you ever cuddled a skinny woman? I'ved cuddled 3 women. more fat equal more comfy. the skinny one was not comfy and was complaining of pain from cuddling. I would assume its like fingers vs legs. or suppos funny bone . if you get hit where theres less fat it hurts more. well apparenlty when you have less fat body to body contact hurts some. while with a average ladies it was comfortable for both of us. the blanets would be for padding placed between us.

well most people live inside their bodies and view the bodies as them so insulting their bodies is the same as insulting them, ie like insulting their personality. . I hope they stumble on to this site when they trying to get help to be in a relationship with him then get upset by how hw called them. that's the point it hurts to be referred to as that. why can't other aspies see how this would hurt them if it happen tot hem and then see that it would hurt others and do onto others as you want done to you. golden rule and all that.

I know we supposedly lack empathy and perhaps some do more then others. but we always fighting to say we don't but this is a empathy case. you may not see it but word usage hurts peoples feelings. things have meanings its why you don't give a first date a red rose. but a pink rose.

you don't call someone you care about mediocre. people aren't things. you can call things mediocre.

this beer is meh
Beth is meh.

the beer won't care. Beth will be hurt.

I personaly don't even do it in private or with others. I never want to hurt people nor will I see people as not verry good.

going have to agree to disagree, you won't presuade me from this point I've been explained saying things can hurt people and one must be careful. I try my best. I was mearly pointing out as i think others did, that the women would be hurt if they read this.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 4:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It would be better to not use any words like 'mediocre' (the way OP referred to obese girls) or '2 dogfood bags' (the way sly referred to skinny girls) to describe anything, body or not.

never having picked up women, what would you use to compare their weight to?

heaviest thing I can think of is bags of dog food. I pick them up pretty regularly . so I compare most things when talking about weight to bags of dog food. suppose if I was a gym and weight lifter I would use typs of machines or so. idk.

I wasnt' comparing as in saying they are like a bag of dog food. or ie only worth as much as a bag of dog food. I was just comparing the weight to known objects weights to get an idea of what that number means in real life.
that's how I work. numbers are just numbers in a screen to me without being compared to something real. I learn better via hands on.

so if you're saying one should only compare peoples weights to other peoples weights I don't see how that is possible and then you now comparing them to others and making them feel bad. where as some women will take weighing two bags of dog food as good. I've seen a few use the comparison themselves with pride.

so really what is a better comparison to use in the future when trying to communicate with others?

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 4:12 am

You need to understand that maybe for the OP the word mediocre is not so derogaroy, especially since their bodies are mediocre. I wouldn't mind my gf telling me I have a mediocre body because it is true.
Also being blunt is consistent with AS traits I think.
And no the fact that he thinks that of the body doesn't mean that he thinks that of the whole person. He explained that he likes other traits.
But if you want to keep viewing the OP as a bad guy, I don't think there's any point at continuing the conversation.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 4:58 am

Peacesells wrote:
You need to understand that maybe for the OP the word mediocre is not so derogaroy, especially since their bodies are mediocre. I wouldn't mind my gf telling me I have a mediocre body because it is true.
Also being blunt is consistent with AS traits I think.
And no the fact that he thinks that of the body doesn't mean that he thinks that of the whole person. He explained that he likes other traits.
But if you want to keep viewing the OP as a bad guy, I don't think there's any point at continuing the conversation.

'mediocre' is just another word for 'average' anyway by definition.

I'd rather get back to the original point - that he is attracted to females that are 'out-of-shape' compared to him and if I remember right he feels like it's bad/wrong.

Well, like I mentioned, I can relate OP.

I am thin and lean and slightly muscular guy and most often attracted to 'out-of-shape' females, which means they admit themselves that they eat unhealthy and do not exercise. Me however I eat healthy balanced diet and workout.

And, like OP I also really like it when these types of females are attracted to my fitness level - just like how I seem to find it cute that they all like to kind of dawdle and move slowly and sluggishly and not put much energy. Me I am different hyperactive, on the go...jumpy..

So, to OP: It's fine. If your fitness level is what they like about you, then there's nothing bad about feeling good about yourself when they do. And just like if you think they got amazing personality, then return the feelings and show it to them. Be thankful, grateful and give back as much as you take.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 5:00 am

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

never having picked up women, what would you use to compare their weight to?

heaviest thing I can think of is bags of dog food. I pick them up pretty regularly . so I compare most things when talking about weight to bags of dog food. suppose if I was a gym and weight lifter I would use typs of machines or so. idk.

I wasnt' comparing as in saying they are like a bag of dog food. or ie only worth as much as a bag of dog food. I was just comparing the weight to known objects weights to get an idea of what that number means in real life.
that's how I work. numbers are just numbers in a screen to me without being compared to something real. I learn better via hands on.

so if you're saying one should only compare peoples weights to other peoples weights I don't see how that is possible and then you now comparing them to others and making them feel bad. where as some women will take weighing two bags of dog food as good. I've seen a few use the comparison themselves with pride.

so really what is a better comparison to use in the future when trying to communicate with others?

Numbers in lb or kg are enough, everyone understand those, no need for comparisons.