20% of men get 80% of women?

Page 5 of 16 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 2:48 am

Hahaha...... what a logic.

Yes, equal, this is a common logic, I've heard it before.

But that's for marriage and strict relationships, that doesn't mean they don't prefer to have sex with attractive men, they do.

Actually, girls who perceive me very attractive (usually by average and for some reason by many Asian girls) always are like playfully "Oh you're surely a player" or "You surely have a lot of admirers", even more extremely..."Oh you surely f---- a lot of girls".

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 2:49 am

They seem to love to project the stud idea on the guys they find hot.

When I was younger and my sense of monogamy was way stronger, I was used to react with a "NO!" but it never worked, useless, they don't want to believe - and it was worse when I told them that I am actually inexperienced.

Nowadays when I get that, I just smile and say no word, they will believe what they want to be believe, and it went better this way, they perceived me as way more honest too. The more "stud" they believe I am (from their own projection), the more they chase me (and yeah, they go all 'jealous' and the like for thinking that) and the more sexual it goes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 8:39 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Hahaha...... what a logic.

Yes, equal, this is a common logic, I've heard it before.

But that's for marriage and strict relationships, that doesn't mean they don't prefer to have sex with attractive men, they do.

Actually, girls who perceive me very attractive (usually by average and for some reason by many Asian girls) always are like playfully "Oh you're surely a player" or "You surely have a lot of admirers", even more extremely..."Oh you surely f---- a lot of girls".

I prefer to have sex with a guy I am in a relationship with...otherwise it's really not satisfying to me. My current boyfriend is very attractive to me, but he's not what most females seem to find attractive. Point is though I'd rather have sex with my boyfriend who I have a connection with than someone more attractive who I don't have such a connection with.

CryptoNerd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2016, 1:16 pm

Pareto optimality is a concept in game theory and economics. It has nothing to do with dating. :roll:

I wish unsuccessful guys would stop spreading this lie that you have to be a macho alpha male to get attractive women. If you're failing to score with women, it's because you're doing something that's driving them away, not because you have some inherent "beta male" curse that you can't do anything about.

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2016, 4:29 pm

CryptoNerd wrote:
Pareto optimality is a concept in game theory and economics. It has nothing to do with dating. :roll:

I wish unsuccessful guys would stop spreading this lie that you have to be a macho alpha male to get attractive women. If you're failing to score with women, it's because you're doing something that's driving them away, not because you have some inherent "beta male" curse that you can't do anything about.

Um.......NO.

I hate to break it to ya kid, but some people are just not going to find you attractive no matter what you do or say.

If you are failing to score with women, it could very well be that maybe, just maybe, you're pursuing the WRONG women!
You cannot make someone attracted to you. What you can do is put yourself in the company of people who accept you the way you are and are friendly to you and stop fixating on trying to score. That is what actually *works*.

Attempting to be an "alpha" male is also not effective because not every man has that personality type and those inborn social skills. If you have to try to be a guy like that, it means you aren't and you never will be.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 4:53 pm

MarbleRye wrote:
^ I have heard people say (men and women) that they want a partner that is less attractive than themselves, so that they have more power in the relationship and their partner will be less likely to cheat. Makes sense.

In theory it might make sense - I imagine such people think that a less attractive partner will have "less" opportunities to cheat. In practice it doesn't work like that at all, almost anyone who wants to cheat can get the opportunity, and people would do better to look for those less willing to cheat.

And who the hell would want to be with someone who thinks like that anyway? 8O

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 8:15 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
In theory it might make sense - I imagine such people think that a less attractive partner will have "less" opportunities to cheat. In practice it doesn't work like that at all, almost anyone who wants to cheat can get the opportunity, and people would do better to look for those less willing to cheat.
You know, that's the mistake I made with my first girlfriend, at age 18. I found her to be a good (read: the only) relationship candidate, not in spite of, but because of her plain looks. Two reasons: (1) I didn't think an attractive girl would ever be interested in me, and (2) like you said, I viewed unattractive looks as infidelity insurance of sorts. Bad, I know. But I was young and stupid. Thankfully, I stopped short of viewing her as a Manic Pixie Dream Girl. (Before I knew the term even existed, plus, her looks weren't up to par.) More like "finally, someone who actually likes me". I was thrilled to start dating her. However, the relationship fell apart in less than 3 months. Rightfully so, in retrospect.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 9:01 pm

No woman is IN my league, or OUT of my league.

If I were single, I'd date who I want. I wouldn't care what "league" she was in.

I'd date the train conductress who weighs 250 lbs.(yes, I once had a crush on a train conductress who weighed 250 lbs.)

And I'd date judges, too. There's so many pretty judges where I work! If I wasn't hitched, I'd date some of them in a minute! And they got much more education than I do. I don't believe they're "out of my league."

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 9:21 pm

I never dated less attractive men because I thought they would be less likely to cheat on me. I dated them either because they asked me out and I didn't want to turn them down (when I was really young) or because I had things in common with them and liked their personality.

But people are dishonest anyway. It doesn't really matter if they are attractive or not. Trying to find an honest and faithful person doesn't work because most people lie and pretend to be what they aren't. How many people are going to come out and say "Hey, I'm a liar and a cheat?"

A more attractive partner likely just has more opportunities to cheat. And a less attractive one fewer. But honesty really doesn't play any part in it.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 9:24 pm

There's nothing wrong with dating above your league. The problem is expecting people above you to give you the time of day, let alone date you. What use has an intelligent, wealthy, super-attractive, or popular woman got for me? None, that's what.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 9:27 pm

I would not preclude myself from dating ANYBODY (provided, of course, that she's a woman)

I'm just an average schmuck in the street in many ways. That's the honest truth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 3:04 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
There's nothing wrong with dating above your league. The problem is expecting people above you to give you the time of day, let alone date you. What use has an intelligent, wealthy, super-attractive, or popular woman got for me? None, that's what.

This.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 3:30 am

rdos wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
There isn't an elite class of "top 20% males" that go around and a sire all of the worlds children :roll:, I'd know about it :P

Right. Me too. They might get a lot of sex, but since we have contraceptives, casual sex will create no children. So they are just wasting their semen. :mrgreen:

all they want is the big tingle, the semen are just along for the ride.

CryptoNerd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Mar 2016, 9:04 am

AR15000 wrote:
CryptoNerd wrote:

Um.......NO.

I hate to break it to ya kid, but some people are just not going to find you attractive no matter what you do or say.

If you are failing to score with women, it could very well be that maybe, just maybe, you're pursuing the WRONG women!
You cannot make someone attracted to you. What you can do is put yourself in the company of people who accept you the way you are and are friendly to you and stop fixating on trying to score. That is what actually *works*.

Attempting to be an "alpha" male is also not effective because not every man has that personality type and those inborn social skills. If you have to try to be a guy like that, it means you aren't and you never will be.

When did I ever say that you can make a woman attracted to you? And when did I say that it's possible to force oneself to be an alpha male? I didn't. What I was implying was that there is no reason to believe that "alpha males" are monopolizing all the pretty girls and you can't have any of them. When I said you might be driving women off, I was referring to something that's a common problem for aspies. I'm not talking about driving off the specific girl that you want to be attracted to you. I'm talking about driving off the majority of women. This isn't about becoming an "alpha male" (f**k that PUA pseudoscience); this is about real self improvement that will make you a more attractive person.

Jesus, why do people have to misconstrue what I say, just because I'm not speaking from the perspective of sexual frustration? :roll:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 10:30 am

80% of women are sexually satisfied by their partners:
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/38006774/ns/h ... uwenkc_n0o

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 10:40 am

I'm glad for them.