Page 5 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 10:03 pm

I never trust self-proclaimed weird people. I mean, ok, maybe you don't have mainstream interests but there is plenty of people who enjoy the same interests as you do (I didn't read full topic, it made me bored, but you did mentioned serial killers for example) and you don't need to have a 100% equal match... also, you stated that you had many past relationships, I didn't get the point of this topic? I mean, you obviously got a lot of dates – you even said that, so no you aren't too weird to date.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 2:44 am

sly279 wrote:
nomoretears wrote:
I dont know how much compromising i can do. Ive putup with emotional abuse, infidelity, guys ogling other women in front of me, bfs ignoring me so they can date 2 girls at once..I have put up with so much from men onky to be dumped in the end anyway.

Im forgetful, stupid smart, weird interests, say and do the wrong things. I guess im just difficult to deal with bc of who i am.

What about being with a fat guy and helping him get fit but also accepting he might not do all the excercising stuff you do. Plenty of people who work out a lot and hike etc are with people who don't. Plenty of fit people don't enjoy that too. Example you enjoy rock climbing but you can do that without your partner. I'm trying to get thin but I'll never be too into all that running, swimming etc I wouldn't mind if my so was

Sly, stop this; she's not going to be attracted to fat men.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2017, 11:24 am

sly279 wrote:
I have anxiety about leaving stuff so I count everything for need. I take a bit longer to lager ready to leave then others might.

I'd really like a girl to game with but most women don't game. I accept that if I ever do find a gf that she won't share in most my hobbies or interests.

I have anxiety about leaving my house alone. I only leave to go to work. I've eaten too much in the past but depression and free time as well as quick access to snacks will do that I suppose that and I've never enjoyed exercise. It's terrible, it's hard, tiring, makes you disgusting and sweaty. I don't like the idea of people judging me at gym it makes me super anxious so I've never gon since college. I'm going try though :s I have however met plenty of fat guys who exercise daily and do lots of outdoor activities. They must have very low motabalism

Going to the gym at first was very difficult. It took yeara for me to get the courage to go. Up until 2 1/2 years ago i worked out at home. To this day if i try to go to another gym i get panic attacks.

I shouldve started going in my late teens, but i dodnt start going to until my late 20s. I wasted 10 years being afraid.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2017, 11:31 am

sly279 wrote:
nomoretears wrote:
I dont know how much compromising i can do. Ive putup with emotional abuse, infidelity, guys ogling other women in front of me, bfs ignoring me so they can date 2 girls at once..I have put up with so much from men onky to be dumped in the end anyway.

Im forgetful, stupid smart, weird interests, say and do the wrong things. I guess im just difficult to deal with bc of who i am.

What about being with a fat guy and helping him get fit but also accepting he might not do all the excercising stuff you do. Plenty of people who work out a lot and hike etc are with people who don't. Plenty of fit people don't enjoy that too. Example you enjoy rock climbing but you can do that without your partner. I'm trying to get thin but I'll never be too into all that running, swimming etc I wouldn't mind if my so was

You cant force someone to be something theyre not. What you described sounds more like being someones person trainer rather than boyfriend.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2017, 11:39 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
I never trust self-proclaimed weird people. I mean, ok, maybe you don't have mainstream interests but there is plenty of people who enjoy the same interests as you do (I didn't read full topic, it made me bored, but you did mentioned serial killers for example) and you don't need to have a 100% equal match... also, you stated that you had many past relationships, I didn't get the point of this topic? I mean, you obviously got a lot of dates – you even said that, so no you aren't too weird to date.

Its pretty easy to find people with similar interests on the internet. Thank god for it. :D

I understand no two people will be exactly the same nor have the same interests. However, mine are a little outside the norm esp for a gal.

I have had 4 relationships spread out over 12 years. The only one that lasted more than a couple months was abusive.

Most women can get dates easily bc men want the sex. Theres a difference between getting a man and keeping one. Most of my high school classmates are married with kids.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 1:23 pm

nomoretears wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

Its pretty easy to find people with similar interests on the internet. Thank god for it. :D

I understand no two people will be exactly the same nor have the same interests. However, mine are a little outside the norm esp for a gal.

I have had 4 relationships spread out over 12 years. The only one that lasted more than a couple months was abusive.

Most women can get dates easily bc men want the sex. Theres a difference between getting a man and keeping one. Most of my high school classmates are married with kids.

so shouldn't the topic be "i'm too weird to marry"? that's what i didn't understood. anyway, if you have such diverse interests, are you really interest in being like the norm? marrying and having children?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 2:51 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly279 wrote:
nomoretears wrote:

Sly, stop this; she's not going to be attracted to fat men.

Nope but she's really narrowed down her sedating options. And super attractive fit me tend to like to sleep around cause they can get lots of women so why settle for just one. Probably a lot less fat men who keep notches on their bed.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 2:57 pm

nomoretears wrote:
sly279 wrote:
nomoretears wrote:

You cant force someone to be something theyre not. What you described sounds more like being someones person trainer rather than boyfriend.

Not it's more like sharing you knowledge and helping your so. Isn't that what relationships are helping the one you love the most, balancing each other with your different knowledge and experiences. Maybe your bf is better at math is he your personal accountant lol. Most relationships tend to have areas where one spouse is better at and helps the other. A lot of guys are put on diets by their gf/wife's lol. It's a constant complaint I hear from guys in relationships. "She won't let me eat that stuff"
Puls you get to work or together which is something you said you would want. Did you mean go to gym together then work out separately? When you truely love someone you want to help them. I'd love to have a gf to show me how to properly lift weights or do exercises instead I'm Goni going have to wing it and hopefully not do any serious damage. Also most people force themselves to work out, probly less then 25% of the population enjoys working out like you do. For most people it's a horrible chore they can't wait to get over or are made to do by their wife/gf

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 3:00 pm

nomoretears wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I have anxiety about leaving stuff so I count everything for need. I take a bit longer to lager ready to leave then others might.

I'd really like a girl to game with but most women don't game. I accept that if I ever do find a gf that she won't share in most my hobbies or interests.

I have anxiety about leaving my house alone. I only leave to go to work. I've eaten too much in the past but depression and free time as well as quick access to snacks will do that I suppose that and I've never enjoyed exercise. It's terrible, it's hard, tiring, makes you disgusting and sweaty. I don't like the idea of people judging me at gym it makes me super anxious so I've never gon since college. I'm going try though :s I have however met plenty of fat guys who exercise daily and do lots of outdoor activities. They must have very low motabalism

Going to the gym at first was very difficult. It took yeara for me to get the courage to go. Up until 2 1/2 years ago i worked out at home. To this day if i try to go to another gym i get panic attacks.

I shouldve started going in my late teens, but i dodnt start going to until my late 20s. I wasted 10 years being afraid.

And your fit. Imagine being the slightly fat and ugly guy people stare at and make fun of for trying to get thinner. I wish I could win lottery and buy equipment for my house but I can't so planet fitness is my only chance, i dont know how often I'll go or if I go.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 8:24 pm

I'm over 30 and have never had a girlfriend. So if you're out of luck, then I'm even more so.

I'm OK with "weird" girls, in the sense of having unusual interests. However, I CAN'T STAND "dark" people, who are into things like death metal, violence (I don't mean they're violent themselves--just into it), the problems of the world, etc. This doesn't just go for romantic interests by the way--I'm the same way with guys.

There are certain things I can get obsessed with that could be seen by others as "dark", like venomous animals, diseases, etc. but it comes from a place of wanting to understand them so I can stop them from doing harm or use them for good (some naturally occurring toxins have become incredibly valuable tools to humankind). When the part of these things I get fixated on is the "darkness" per se, it's a symptom of my mental health being in a bad place and so I definitely don't want someone else to act as an echo chamber for that.

It doesn't mean it is for everyone, in fact the people who can "stare darkness in the face" and NOT lose their motivation for life are some of the most mentally well-adjusted people out there. They're just 180 degrees from the right people for ME as friends or anything more. After a decade and a half of chronic illness, I want nothing more than to just "hear the angels sing" (I'm not religious, so not literally), and anyone who isn't helping me find that is someone I will almost certainly end up ditching for my own self-preservation.

So yeah, you can be a girl who's obsessively into Disney, or even things like the patterns of growth of plant stems or cataloging the meter and rhyme schemes of Shakespearean poetry, and that's not an issue, but yeah if you try to turn a positive comment depressing, that WILL repel me.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 8:38 pm

nomoretears wrote:
sly279 wrote:
nomoretears wrote:

Just because someone is overweight does not mean they have no interest in things like hiking, biking, sailing, etc. One of the most active women I know is and has always been obese. Judging by looks alone is a losing game.

A good way to figure out how much someone enjoys being active is to suggest get togethers that involve the activities you would hope to do with your partner in a long term relationship.

Although, be aware that during a long and full life, a lot of things will change. I've been ordered off quite a few activities by my doctor, because my knees are deteriorating. My husband now has to do those alone. And while there was a point in my life I enjoyed back packing, I had given that up before him and I even started dating, so that always fell into the category of "what to do on a guys weekend." You don't have to do EVERYTHING together; life is a balancing act.

K4NNW
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Sep 2017, 10:25 pm

The only issues that I see would be lack of talkativeness (although that could go either way, depending on the guy) and the social anxiety/panic attacks. Could it be that these guys weren't wanting to put in the effort to continue a relationship? Or possibly they just expected you to be bubbly and outgoing, or to become that way after being in a relationship?
Obviously, I'm no relationship expert, and I may be way off. Who knows?

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2017, 1:44 pm

sly279 wrote:
nomoretears wrote:
sly279 wrote:

And your fit. Imagine being the slightly fat and ugly guy people stare at and make fun of for trying to get thinner. I wish I could win lottery and buy equipment for my house but I can't so planet fitness is my only chance, i dont know how often I'll go or if I go.

Can you go early in the day or later at night after peak hours? I go early in the am. Sometimes im the only one there on saturday mornings.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2017, 1:56 pm

K4NNW wrote:
The only issues that I see would be lack of talkativeness (although that could go either way, depending on the guy) and the social anxiety/panic attacks. Could it be that these guys weren't wanting to put in the effort to continue a relationship? Or possibly they just expected you to be bubbly and outgoing, or to become that way after being in a relationship?
Obviously, I'm no relationship expert, and I may be way off. Who knows?

Thats def one of my problems. Sometimes my panic attacks come out as anger. So there i an, an adult having a tantrum.

Two of my relationships were at least partially long distance. Im not the best talker. Thats why my exs comment hurt. I cant make myself bubbly unless i take drugs. Sadly, people like me much beyter when im under the influence.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2017, 2:05 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
nomoretears wrote:

It sounds like you only go for guys who already have plenty of options. Maybe it would be a better idea for you to go for the guy who doesn't get that much female attention, it would atleast make infidelity very unlikely.

The only men i know who would have few to no options would be 70 year old men. The abusive ex wasnt tge most handsome guy, but he could get women, and he had a thing for hookers.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 2:14 pm

nomoretears wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Can you go early in the day or later at night after peak hours? I go early in the am. Sometimes im the only one there on saturday mornings.

I dont know I take the bus so it only runs so early and so late.

nomoretears wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

It sounds like you only go for guys who already have plenty of options. Maybe it would be a better idea for you to go for the guy who doesn't get that much female attention, it would atleast make infidelity very unlikely.

The only men i know who would have few to no options would be 70 year old men. The abusive ex wasnt tge most handsome guy, but he could get women, and he had a thing for hookers.

Guys who use hookers can't get women , which is why they use hookers.
Lots of men 70 and down have no options, there's lots of men p, women look down on for their job or body shape.