Nice Guys and Love, what's your take on the issue

Page 46 of 78 [ 1243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 78  Next

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 12:28 am

Has anyone here ever heard of "Nice Guy Syndrome"?

It's when a guy with nothing particularly appealing about him feels self-entitled to have any girl he wants because he's a nice guy.

In the nice guy's narcissistic, delusional mind set, all other guys, who are actually motivated, hardworking, interesting people are called "jerks."

Self-proclaimed "nice guys" may often resort to stalking and other obsessive, mentally ill behaviors in their belief that they are somehow entitled to something they don't deserve.

I'm seeing a lot of that mentality in this thread.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 3:24 am

WintersTale wrote:
Nice guys don't get chosen, because they are TOO GOOD for women. :D

that just made me laugh

too good...ohh this forum makes me laugh sometimes

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 4:21 am

This is a page all about "nice guys". I saw it somewhere around the forum before.

http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/ ... s/ng.shtml

TenFaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2011, 9:23 pm

A Nice Guy Syndrome is an interesting idea. A man who stalks women because he thinks he is entitled would simply be a creep, not a nice guy. The typical nice guy is usually motivated and has a job. His problem is that he is not interesting. He is "old reliable" or "Mr Standby" and women see him as boring. Many women choose men who are arrogant and sometimes will prefer a man who is abusive or lazy over a boring man with a good job. I have seen it over and over. Some women like the "man child" and will pay for him. They prefer men who make them "feel good". I have known many women who cry about how abusive their boyfriend or husband is, then either go back to him or seek out another just like him.
Fact is they prefer a " Bad Boy", a "Rap Gangsta", a drunk tough guy, a snob, or a " man child" for a lover. A "nice guy" with a good job who is reliable is just too boring for them.
I don't support being a nice guy, the reason I am saying this is that I encourage them to learn how to be manipulative, phony, and arrogant. Most women you will meet will love it. I have learned how to be manipulative and phony and it works. Again, I realize that not all women are like that. Just most of them.
My message is. Don't be a Nice Guy. It don't work. Nice Guys bore women.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 10:33 pm

I may very well go gay. I'm not capable of being a jerk. :\

The problem I have is a little thing called morality.

TenFaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2011, 11:19 pm

Morality is a luxury in our society. Society is not about morality. Society is about power and control. Manipulation is the measure of one's status in society. Morality is the story everyone tells while not believing. Anyone who bothers to be moral is the kind of person everyone pretends to admire, but in fact despises.
One does not need to "go gay" to have morality. All one has to do is reject society and it's empty materialism. Besides I hear gays are just as shallow and vain as NTs. The reason I still bother to go out and pick up women is that I have not yet managed to break free of our society's vise-like materialistic grip. I still enjoy work and making money too. However, I see our society for what it truly us. A corpse.
If you want morality. Move into the desert or the mountains. Work in fishing or forestry or be a hunting guide. Reject society.
Remember, nice guys don't even finish. They get killed halfway to the line.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 5:18 pm

It doesn't matter if you finish a race or not, just that you enjoyed it. That's why we don't finish. We don't care to. yeah, I know, society will eat my brains and I'll never get married, yada yada, but at least I'm happy. :D

Besides, if I have to give my happiness and contentment for romantic love, then that kind of love isn't worth it. As long as I am happy, and can make others happy, I don't need that kind of love.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 6:13 pm

TenFaces wrote:
I don't support being a nice guy, the reason I am saying this is that I encourage them to learn how to be manipulative, phony, and arrogant. Most women you will meet will love it. I have learned how to be manipulative and phony and it works. Again, I realize that not all women are like that. Just most of them.

That's funny, I seem to recall you venting frustration about not being able to get yourself hot women and wishing you'd live in a society where your parents could do all the work and set you up on a permanent relationship with a woman who most likely has no say about it.

Then again, it could be someone else. There's so many of your type on this forum that I'm beginning to lose track which member has said what.

My god, all of you nice-guys-turned-badasses really need to get a distinct personality for a change.

TenFaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2011, 8:02 pm

Menintights, I am no longer frustrated and have been not so in years. I have given up on " meaningful relationships" like marriage or long term girlfriends. I now simply act phony to get hookups and quick relationships. I did have a long term girlfriend and it got boring. Sure, it might be interesting to have a family or a marriage, but I have no way to do it unless I want to spend years "putting on an act". So I was frustrated in the past, but over the last nine years I have simply "played phony". I can pick up women, but have to "act phony". The main reason for my post is to let "nice guys" know that they are wasting their time. Being nice sucks. Be mean, it works.
As far as arranged marriage. It sounds practical. I realize that it is not an option anymore. I live in the wrong society and my parents are dead. I find marriage to be sensible for financial and reproductive reasons, but most (not all) modernwestern women are unsuitable for marriage. They want too much. They are not satisfied if you work hard and provide. They demand an indefinable "happiness" that does not exist.

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 8:12 pm

I wouldn't encourage anyone to be an as*hole, be phoney, be manipulative or generally be a jerk if they're looking for an actual relationship with a woman. If you're just looking for sex, fair enough. But I don't think it's right to treat someone like s**t if they're your gf/bf

TenFaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2011, 8:41 pm

Volodja, in principle, you are correct. That would be best. I would not generally condone being an ass@@le all the time or being abusive. Best to be dismissive and cold. I had a long term girlfriend and I became annoyed by her constant whining and money wasting. I became very mean to her. The meaner I was, the nicer she was to me. I noticed this pattern with other people I know. I decided to experiment on her. I treated her well one day, then treated her mean the next. The mean treatment created better results. When I dumped her, she called me over 200 times. I ignored her calls and she kept calling.
I tried being cold and dismissive with other women and generally, it works best. There are women who do not fit this pattern, but most do. I believe that a lot of white suburban women in the northeast US are raised to think they are Princesses. I cannot judge other women from other areas. I dated Hispanics and rural women. They are better than suburbanettes, but they often have kids and many have divorce_related baggage.

HerbivoreCat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2011, 10:25 am

That's really nice too know,

warrenpeace wrote:
8)

Okay folks so I'm a noob to the forums - let's just get that out of the way. Howdy y'all.

I'm 41, and for many, many years I realized I had an issue with what I call dialectic thinking - this is a pretentious though valid technical term for "all or nothing" thinking. This applied not just to my pathetic attempts at romance when a teen, but often through college, and to everything.

Some of us Aspies tend to over-categorize, over-analyze, over-classify the world because we feel we need to do so in order to understand it. However, most people don't; most NTs simply seek out the people they're most attracted to, the jobs that seem most appealing, the sports or other things they most fun doing, and they don't analyze it. We are different because we do.

As many women as exist in this world, are as many different women; each has their own physicality, attitude, intellect, and depth. Dudes, and dudettes, no one does themselves any favors by pigeonholing everything they see. Instead, you merely limit the enjoyment and appreciation you can gain from the world.

It took a *huge* amount of effort to get to this point in my life, in terms of my attitude. I was helped along by a gorgeous woman who is just as smart and quirky as me.

Maybe until we get to this point we should seek out AS women, as they understand us. They are rare gems. And to pay a compliment to one female on this board, obviously gorgeous AS women do exist, and they are nice and willing to relate.

Just my 2 cents.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2011, 5:39 pm

menintights wrote:
TenFaces wrote:

That's funny, I seem to recall you venting frustration about not being able to get yourself hot women and wishing you'd live in a society where your parents could do all the work and set you up on a permanent relationship with a woman who most likely has no say about it.

Then again, it could be someone else. There's so many of your type on this forum that I'm beginning to lose track which member has said what.

My god, all of you nice-guys-turned-badasses really need to get a distinct personality for a change.

A-f***ing-MEN. menintights, I love you :D

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2011, 5:11 pm

a nice-guy turned as*hole has not changed his personality, merely his tactics.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2011, 5:16 pm

the term 'nice-guy' is irritating in general.

Allan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2011, 11:54 pm

Unfortunately for me, being nice is fused into my brain.