Do you miss someone right now?

Page 6 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 170  Next

willow
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 6:55 pm

phoenixjsu wrote:
willow wrote:
I've sent him emails from time to time. one of the last things he said to me was something to the effect of "YOU don't matter. I can cut you out of my life in a blink if you annoy me and never look back. " then proceeded to tell me how uninteresting and unintelligent I was. as much as I can say I know it is untrue, and I know that HE didn't really think that, otherwise we wouldn't have been friends for so long, it really was devestating (did I spell that wrong? it looks wrong. devastating. the A one looks right.) coming from him.

at any rate, he never responds.

Oh Willow, I'm sure he didn't mean that. It sounds like he had a lot of other things going on and sometimes with people (aspies or not) they'll never tell you what. A lot of times, people with anger problems have some big insecurity issues with something they think is a glaring problem (And it could actually be nothing, but to them it's HUGE!). The anger is just a shield or a defensive mechanism as Scintillate put it. It sounds like you tried to be there for him and that's all you can really do.

One day, if he manages to get a grasp on his life and fix things he'll probably try to contact you again, if for no other reason but to have proper closure. But that's a big "if". I hope for you that he gets it together, because it sounds like you really cared about him.

thanks. :)

yeah..I care about him a great deal. he was (is) such a unique and amazing individual. we would go from talking about transpersonal psychology to deciding we should make a website about scabs. like ratemyscabs.com. hahaha!

I hope he does, too. just a "hello" to know he is well. :)

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 8:47 pm

willow wrote:
yeah..I care about him a great deal. he was (is) such a unique and amazing individual. we would go from talking about transpersonal psychology to deciding we should make a website about scabs. like ratemyscabs.com. hahaha!

He does sounds like an interesting conversationalist (but then again, I would want to pick his brain on the transpersonal psychology topic). :þ

willow
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 8:59 pm

phoenixjsu wrote:
willow wrote:

He does sounds like an interesting conversationalist (but then again, I would want to pick his brain on the transpersonal psychology topic). :þ

you can pick mine. :P

sloppy seconds, surely, but something. :P

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 10:03 am

I wouldn't say that these people aren't in my life per se, but there are a number of girls that are good friends of mine that live far away. I live in Southwestern Ontario; two live in the Toronto area, another in Northern Ontario, another in Eastern Ontario, and one in town but works full time at strange hours. All but two have boyfriends. Other than these people I don't really have close friends that I see on a regular basis.

I went to Toronto to visit one of them recently - one of the single women. But I'm not putting her on the spot right now isn't a good idea, for reasons I'm not getting into other than that I am friends with her first and foremost.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 6:50 pm

I miss my ex girlfriend. this is my second girl. and although we've broke up, we're still pretty much together. we're good friends and she's an ASpie as well. she's also 27, but she's a college freshman like me.

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2006, 12:27 pm

willow wrote:
you can pick mine. :P

sloppy seconds, surely, but something. :P

Hahaha... I just might have to. You've peaked my curiousity. Give me a couple days to get this whole "Thanksgiving Week" mess out of the way and I'll hit you with a PM or something.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 12:06 am

I miss Alex.

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2006, 7:16 pm

i miss the person i was last night b4 i went to sleep...

while my dreams held my attention...a cleaning program wiped any thoughts of some continuous existence from my head...resetting and preparing me for 'another day' :cry:

apart from that i miss people that i have had strong connections with in the past....but don't anymore (painful)

it's like in cerebro...where people u knew are still dots walking around somewhere...but u just don't collide anymore....tis weird..maybe my cleaning program is f**ked and i should actually be forgetting them

LRKirsch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2006, 4:18 am

I miss my grandma and my rat Riley :(

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2006, 4:16 am

I no longer miss my ex. she's evil. hates me, said rude things about me, said I was a waste of her time when we dated, was only in the relationship because she felt coerced by her roomate. Yeah. so, do I miss someone? yes. A girl who I can be real with. she's back home, a few miles from where I live, I can be open and honest with, a girl who is like me, but has turettes, and a milder form of A.S (possibly). she's 23 (I think) I love her to death, however she won't ever realize that I'm the perfect guy for her, I believe I am, I just hope sometime soon, I'll be able to get through to her. she knows my feelings for her, and if I had the chance, I'd marry her.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2006, 11:37 pm

Tim. :(

Drzava
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2006, 4:18 pm

I miss Pinochet. Godspeed, sweet prince!

SweXtal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2006, 6:52 pm

I miss all the pranks with ex. I miss all the stupidity she managed to show trying being normal. I miss her being good parent but a ret*d on computers! I miss her <whateverbrand> Hair shaving tool.

Edit: She's having a dad and a brother not capable of planning low (telephone/ethernet) powers nor 240v powers... Grrr!

My ex's brother and her father simply filled a outlet with concrete! That was reserved for telephone and ethernet in the kitchen! I almost did go berzerk when I spotted the idiotical thing they did! They simply filled a carefully planned and carefully in wall placed dose for telephony with a carefully placed and in the wall cemented electrical tubing to current regulations inspected by insurance company to follow standard and they SLAP CONCRETE IN THE DAMN THING. and COMPLETELY ruins the whole schmuck. Since my ex has to do a lot of cooking due to food allergies amongst the kids, it was smart to have a non-wireless phone jack in the kitchen.

And two wackos has filled just that outlet with concrete "because it was to hard to cut the ceramics".

Since I don't longer own my half of the house because my ex bought me out I have nothing to say, except that she neither could understand why the heck they did that, since she wanted a wall jack for the telephone and ethernet THERE. So we completely agree "THAT WAS PURE STUPID, JACKASSES"

Last edited by SweXtal on 19 Dec 2006, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 7:29 pm

I miss various people, various reasons, some reasons I understand / am aware of, some I'm not.

I miss people I should, I miss people I shouldn't. Those that I shouldn't, some I miss for how they were, who they were. Unfortunately people change, whether we want them to or not.

FallenFromSpace
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Dec 2006, 2:34 pm

i miss my ex. We went out for almost a year. we were complete opposites in many ways but of course that was some of the initial attraction. I finally had to be the one to tell him it just wasn't working out anymore. I couldn't take any more pointless arguing about stupid stuff. He's also an old skool southerner who "doesn't believe" in any kind of disability or disorder. he never acknowledged my AS. He'd just tell me stories about his brother who had tourrett's syndrome but learned how to "get over it" and how he's fine now cuz my ex refused to "believe in it". i think that was one of the biggest problems. that was a mere 2 weeks ago that we said good bye. i haven't seen him since but i miss him more by the day and sometimes i wonder if i made a horrible mistake. i can't even bear to think of spending this whole winter without him. i think it would have been better for both of us if we just never met or dated to begin with. it was never meant to be and we just made ourselves miserable. it will be a very long time before i try something like that again! oh well, whether it was a mistake or not, it's too late to wonder now. what's done is done. thank you for this topic. it's what's on my mind the most right now. :!:

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2006, 3:25 am

FallenFromSpace wrote:
thank you for this topic. it's what's on my mind the most right now. :!:

You're welcome. I can't put it in words but I understood the place for such a topic through my own needs. I'm sorry to hear about your ex and how he refused to bring himself to terms with your condition. Ultimately, that's like not even acknowledging a big piece of your identity, so there are a lot of people here who can understand how unhealthy the situation probably was for you. That you recognized that fact and took the appropriate steps in spite of your feelings is a good sign that you've taken a huge step forward in your development. You fell in love once, and so, you'll probably fall again in time. When you do, you'll look back on this and realize it was probably one of the best things you ever did.

Since you are new; Welcome to Wrongplanet. If you lack it in your life outside of this place, you'll always find at least a few people here who can relate with you on things. You'll also always find someone to listen. Good luck with everything. :wink: