For guys who are having zero replies on okcupid....

Page 6 of 29 [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 29  Next

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:04 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
smudge wrote:
Exactly. It's very hypocritical.

if a guy isn't ugly, stupid, uneducated and s on (a lot of the frustrated guys here are both athletic and intelligent), he shouldn't have to settle for someone who is. Your instincts won't allow you to date someone with a less attractive set of genetics.

There are tons of unattractive girls who reject guys in their own league who'd be very happy to date them.

Quote:
Yes. Why?

Because it's deceptive.

I'm not talking about settling, I'm talking about not being a dick toward people who you aren't attracted to.

Who said anything about being a dick? If he was a dick, he'd try to use teir weaknesses against tem. Please keep in mind that they LIED to him.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:06 am

rabbittss wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Because she's deceiving the other part. Imagine of someone advertised a mint condition 1988 BMW M3, with 20" alloy wheels, a mileage of just 50,000 miles and an all leather interior for just 5,000 dollars on eBay. You reschedule your day, drive for an hour, pay for gas, toll booths and all that and when you get there, it's not an M3, but a 316 with a rusty frame, sawdust in the transmission, no alloy wheels, 220,000 miles on the odometer, lots of mold in the interior, and defective brakes, but the buyer still wants 5K for it. Wouldn't you feel angry?

Exactly.. has happened to me numerous times in the past.. and then she normally has the nerve to get bitchy with me when I don't follow through with taking her out.. It's why I've started mandating we meet at a public place first.. I get there 30 minutes early and sit and wait, if I don't like what i see, I just get up and leave.

I wish I had the conscience to do that. :lol: When this has happened to me, I've stayed through the whole date, which was extremely awkward.

I used to do that.. but it got to expensive. I got tired of them realizing there was no hope, and then ordering the most expensive thing on the menu when I took them out.. Now, if she's not even remotely attractive to me.. I just walk..

How do the girls react when you do that? If it happens to me again, I don't want to scare them from dating other people online.

Don't really know or care to be honest. I imagine they get angry, but I've only ever had a few get angry enough to send me messages on the web. I imagine they are are used to getting stood up.

I also feel that it's a bit ridiculous to assume that I'd treat a girl who I was interested in the same way I'm treating a complete stranger. That's it though you see, If you put these girls who I'm walking out on in a bar, I wouldn't approach and talk to them to begin with, so they are actually making it further than they would if I met them in person first.

Point taken. :)

Seems to me, though, that a man can't reject someone after the first date without being a dick, according to some.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:13 am

Kurgan wrote:

Point taken. :)

Seems to me, though, that a man can't reject someone after the first date without being a dick, according to some.

That does seem to be the prevailing view.

But yeah, basically, this is less me being a dick to these women than it is me being fiscally responsible. I got tired of paying for first dates that wouldn't ever go anywhere. Dates are expensive. 50$ at a minimum for dinner.

Part of my meeting strategy was also arrived at by need, since I don't drive, I have to get dropped off at places.. so they have to be areas where there is a lot to do.. a casual dining resturaunt in a mall.. or some place downtown where I can spend a lot of time waiting to get a ride home.

on the other side of the coin, I have had girls freak out and scream at me when i tell them i don't drive. yet, they never asked if I did or not, and I never presented evidence to say that I did. I always use neutral language when dealing with transportation... Even though I'm 100$ open and honest about anything they want to ask me about.. they never seem to ask about me having a car and apparently not having a car is unconscionable as far as they are concerned.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:16 am

====

Last edited by smudge on 08 Jun 2012, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:18 am

smudge wrote:
Answer: Ask them out for a coffee. Jesus Christ.

There's still the matter of transportation costs and the wasted time. Why can't unattractive girls post honest pictures? They'd still get offers, but won't get turned down after the first date.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:22 am

smudge wrote:
Answer: Ask them out for a coffee. Jesus Christ.

It would be cheaper. I tried that last time though, and then the girl started talking about being hungry and what not trying to get me to buy her lunch.

Problem is.. she could have stood to miss a few meals.. but I didn't tell her that.. I just said "No I don't have the time for that this evening" and left.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:40 am

I think online dating is always a crapshoot. You've got to go in with reasonable expectations and without getting your hopes too high.
1.) because real life chemistry is hard to gauge from a photo and a paragraph
2.)because people lie, they lie point blank (not even getting into being 'misleading') about things that are immediately verifiable, ex.
I am 5'11 1/2" I will catch you if you lie about being 6', which it seems like every other guy over 5'8" tries to do
the kicker with that is, I'm totally cool with shorter guys, but not cool with straight up liars, so they've shot themselves in the foot there

Okcupid dates, because they are so unreliable, are usually for coffee or something else quick(and cheap), with a (polite) exit plan. I'm personally a fan of rollerskating as the "meet up" date, but that's just because it's available where I live. I favor some kind of activity in general.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:43 am

====

Last edited by smudge on 08 Jun 2012, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 2:37 pm

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

rofl

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't get it.. what is the cause of the keaneu?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 2:42 pm

rabbittss wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't get it.. what is the cause of the keaneu?

its conspiracy keanu. Meaning boo is making it sound as if it must be a conspiracy someone is acting well to his hairynes

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 2:46 pm

Got it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 2:49 pm

Actually i am trying to express "this is creepy!!"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 3:26 pm

I had to create a special okcupid folder in my gmail :-/

This is getting tiring pretty quickly.

[img][800:441]http://i.imgur.com/6kR8q.png[/img]

I am getting this like twice a day:

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 07 Jun 2012, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Wow...

Thing is though, most of these messages aren't from people you would actually consider going out with right?