Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 12:25 pm

aSKperger wrote:
jeez I have never said there are no exceptions. Why don't people take it easy here?
I have also rejected 2 models, so what? Still I am driven by appearance at first, then I start to follow the character. On the net it is invalid of course.

Again, I have never said there is some struggle between men and woman (submission/domination).
Like old saying "man is the head of the family, but woman is the neck that turns it". My parents are exactly like this. Dad is more dominant, mostly outside the home. But mum can get whatever she want and "manipulate" him. They are perfect couple/yin yang, althought dominant/submissive. Again, doubt it that sharply equal couple exists...

you doubt it because your parents are old-fashioned? :lol:

for the rest, you invalidated your own argument. we are in agreement - men and women are not all shallow. men don't all seek good looks and women don't always go after status. the problem with your original argument is that it doesn't even seem to be any sort of majority either.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 8:25 pm

OlivG wrote:
Millions of years of evolution has hard-wired (neurotypical?) women to be attracted to strong, dominant, and aggressive men. This is a subconscious and universal preference.

However, I read an extremely interesting article about neanderthals (who had an autistic neurotype) and autism, and it appears that autism may actually originate from them. What I found the most interesting was this:

"Neanderthals must have been a female dominated species. Some autistics feel they were born with the wrong gender. It is common for autistic females to be tomboys and for autistic males to be more passive than is normal."

So, any aspie women here? Are you attracted to the more dominant male types the same way the neurotypical women are?

sorry, just needed to remind myself of what we were talking about... I can identify with this. An aspie relationship where the girl provides the ambush in the trenches and the boy watches in the trees as a passive sniper. let's return to base, it's getting dark. And i made some chilli up this morning

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 11:30 pm

bucephalus wrote:
OlivG wrote:
Millions of years of evolution has hard-wired (neurotypical?) women to be attracted to strong, dominant, and aggressive men. This is a subconscious and universal preference.

However, I read an extremely interesting article about neanderthals (who had an autistic neurotype) and autism, and it appears that autism may actually originate from them. What I found the most interesting was this:

"Neanderthals must have been a female dominated species. Some autistics feel they were born with the wrong gender. It is common for autistic females to be tomboys and for autistic males to be more passive than is normal."

So, any aspie women here? Are you attracted to the more dominant male types the same way the neurotypical women are?

sorry, just needed to remind myself of what we were talking about... I can identify with this. An aspie relationship where the girl provides the ambush in the trenches and the boy watches in the trees as a passive sniper. let's return to base, it's getting dark. And i made some chilli up this morning

:D

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 9:40 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
I need a man to hunt mammoth for me because I'm too weak and feeble-minded to figure out about supermarkets.

Good one, bravo my dear :lol:.

I think WAI is a gamer, you simply must order "Lollypop Chainsaw" it's a gold mine in that regard " don't ask me I'm just a girl " :P

And what a girl just thinking of her gives me a hard on . (I love you suda 51)

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 8:14 am

Neanderthal woman? So I get Snoo Snoo? 8O :lol:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 7:48 pm

smudge wrote:
There's really no point, is there?

No their is not :D Your wise beyond your years!

Are you OK ?

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 1:40 am

Made-up evo-psycho gender essentialism?

ROFLwut.

to his Interest."

A_floating_moon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2012, 5:46 am

Hmm,
How do I answer this? Can I just mention what 'I' like?
As a 20-something year-old woman, this is what I SEEM to find attractive in a guy:
-more sexually dominant
-empathetic and equal dominance in the actual relationship (As a side note, my mom is more dominant than the guy she married, though not more so than my father.)
-FIT and lean
-INTELLIGENT
-Puurrrty (Tiny chin; square, tight jaw; large, wide set eyes; wide face; no or little facial hair; a nice head of hair)
-Taller than me, but not by a lot
-Has a career or work life that I can RELATE to and accept morally.
-Honest and thoughtful
-Smiles a lot
-Can hear a wide range in their voice. Not sure how to describe this... I like a guy that can sound like a guy but can fit the high notes well. Falsettos are to die for. Scratchy can be good, like that guy on the old TV show Early Edition.

As for social status....
I hate the society I live in, so I tend to despise this. I feel alienated by anyone that has actually managed to be a part of the social world enough to have some huge money making career. However, in a fictional setting like on a TV show, I find myself drawn to the wealthy, clean, nicely dressed guys.
Like the wealthy, attractive, A-hole Koreans in this show:

So... Lee Min Ho is abnormally gorgeous, but personalities have an ability to catch my attention pretty well. It just takes more time, of course. I'm definitely capable of falling for a guy that doesn't match what would instantly attract me the most. And I believe that 'some' of what I find attractive could shift or change if I find a nice guy. Aside from physical strength and body type, most of the above traits and things I've found attractive ever since I was old enough to know about guys...

Also, less attract guys that have a creative and feminine way of dressing can catch my attention more quickly than a more attractive guy dressed in the average guy-stuff... (social thing?)

So yeah, that's just me. From my experience, most women I've been around prefer more masculine guys or guys that are less masculine. I guess I like seeing a lot of both masculine and feminine together? *shrugs*

I always wondered why I am attracted to who I'm attracted to. I often like a 'little' aggression in a guy, but that aspect of myself annoys me and I'd rather be able to get with a more gentle type of man. I'm also very insecure (for whatever reason), so maybe that has something to do with it.

And, also.. I feel like a girly girl when I'm around other people, but I'm not exactly the typical woman.. (AS?)
Blah, hope that was all relevant. :P
As far as the neanderthal theory..I... don't have anything to say..
Finding out what autistic women like would just take a lot of carefully made tests. I believe it would be about the same as what NT women like, but who knows?

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2012, 10:59 am

OlivG wrote:

When you say "dominant male", I think of the chauvinist, abusive, arrogant, and manipulative bastards who want to display an identity towards women. So to answer your question, no way in hell am I attracted to such cowardly a**holes who are responsible for giving us a bad rep and refuse to encourage us women to be positive individuals.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Aug 2012, 10:24 pm

I don't like being dominated, and never have. I am attracted to quietly confident guys who don't have to pound their chests and posture around to show their "strength." BTW, I would not go for a guy just because he was wealthy. In fact, I would be extremely leery of such a type because I would expect them to be arrogant, and assuming that all the women will be lining up!

edited for spelling

Last edited by hartzofspace on 22 Aug 2012, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 3:02 pm

If a rich and interesting guy seems interested in me, 8O I wonder what his problem is.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 8:01 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
If a rich and interesting guy seems interested in me, 8O I wonder what his problem is.

Join the club , edit out " rich an intresting" for "any one" and "man" for women.

I have yet to meet people with all these desirable traits these women list , do these people even exist ? and if they did would you believe their story and if you did why would they want to be with them?

Not to be rude but it seems inconceivable to me why any one would want to be with any one .

Julia_Set
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2012, 8:26 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
I'm not an "aspie female" and I think it's hilarious how most answers in this thread come from males :lmao: I've been reading the forum on and off for a while and I come to this section every time I need a good laugh.

Where are you ladies? Aren't you getting tired to be told what you want by "us"?

Haha, aspie female here. I think love, attraction, and women are far more complicated than all that alpha male/beta male stuff that comes from the PUA/evolution psych crowd would lead us to believe.

The men I've dated and had LTRs with in my life tend to share many common interests with me, i.e. my love of computers, science, and video games, that one would more commonly associate with "betas." However, I tend to select men who are more outgoing than myself and who have a lot of male and female friends. I find this brings a sort of balance to the relationship to have a boyfriend who has sufficient skills that he can draw me out and I feel comfortable communicating with him. I've never had any particular desire to date athletes and I actually like non-athletic guys who are a little bit bigger and carry their weight well, which may also be associated with "beta." However, it would be a mistake to take my words and generalize them onto all aspie girls, because every girl has her "type," like how some girls like cowboys while others dig preps and yet others favor <insert social group here>.

On the subject of money and power, I've dated men who made more money than me and men who have made less money than me, and had great relationships with each of them. The only common denominator is that there was something innate about the guy that I liked that impressed me. I'm sure men probably experience something similar too when interacting with women. You may find a girl who is not exactly your "type," but there is something about her smile, the way she carries herself, that makes you attracted anyways.