The real reason why you aren't hit on much by women.

Page 6 of 19 [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Boring to you, boring is relative.

Indubitably.

But, since I see the exact same people come back here year after year, complaining about the same issues, again and again, I'm guessing my definition of "boring" isn't just limited to myself.

or and I knot this might come as a shock. they don't meet people and them being boring to you have nothing to do with it.

if a firemen who mountain climbs on his free time never meets people he'll still be here single despite being a very interesting(exciting) person. so maybe not meeting and being able to socialize properly with other poeple has more f an effect then if a person likes playing video games and building pcs in their free time.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 2:44 pm

sly279 wrote:
my friend runs all the time and goes to the gym. OMFG is he boring.

Then few will dare to call him boring to his face. And doing it behind his back is cowardly, and thinking it and not saying it is hypocritical.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 2:46 pm

314pe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
So, my own personal experiences are why I agree with the statement that "There's a direct negative correlation between people who do all their "socializing" from behind a computer screen, and people who are worth getting to know."

My experience is completely opposite of yours. I've met a lot of boring extroverts and a lot of interesting introverts. Some of the most amazing people I've ever met were 100% introverts and had hardly any friends at all. Many extroverts that I know spend their free time partying and are really boring. They're only interested in electronic music, drugs and drinking.

So in my experience, the're a positive correlation and it makes sense. If you don't have many friends, you have more free time to do interesting things. Some of those may be in front of a computer.

indeed. those people they deem interesting spend a lot of their time drinking to the point of passing out every weekend. or going to a bar to get drunk and dance. these are boring to me. also risky. most extroverts do this. those a whole industry built around it. I don't get it. though suppose you'd have to be drunk to enjoy being drunk no?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 2:50 pm

XFG, Fnord and what-else are just being judgmental trolls and jerks, end of story.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 2:53 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
sly279 wrote:
my friend runs all the time and goes to the gym. OMFG is he boring.

Then few will dare to call him boring to his face. And doing it behind his back is cowardly, and thinking it and not saying it is hypocritical.

i don't tell him because hes my friend. I dont' want to hurt his feelings. that's what he enjoys it brings him happiness. its not my place to tell him hes boring. I don't enjoy such things. some people enjoy football and would call books boring, others enjoy books and would call football boring.

i don't' get why people want everyone to be like them. a world where everyone is the same and likes all the same stuff, would that not be the ultimate boring? differences are good. they create unquieness. they allow people to share with each other. could you feel close to a person if they were the same as everyone else. nope.

comes down to what make you happy and others seeing it as wrong. i bet x files would defend gays and blacks no? so why attack introverts or nerds. why is one way of being different ok, but another wrong. that is hypocritical. either defend all differences or none.

so be yourself unless others think yourself is wrong then be someone else , is the advice of this thread.
so if you're a nt extrovert who social and into the normal interests(sports,drinking etc) then be yourself if your an aspie with special interests and an introvert, be someone else.

but hey were just losers. right. gah never thought I'd see that here. thought that was a highschool only thing and that people grew up but nope.
bullies on wp who'd thought.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 2:55 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFG, Fnord and what-else are just being judgmental trolls and jerks, end of story.

boo we just need to be quiet lets go back to the av club in the basement , don't' want us losers interfering with the popular kids. (not saying you're are. I wasn't either, but thats the vibe I get from them. calling other aaspies here losers because they have different hobbies then them)

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 2:59 pm

sly279 wrote:
i don't' get why people want everyone to be like them. a world where everyone is the same and likes all the same stuff, would that not be the ultimate boring? differences are good. they create unquieness. they allow people to share with each other. could you feel close to a person if they were the same as everyone else. nope.

I have been different from the norm for pretty much all of my life. It sucks. Usually because I am different in the bad areas, now if I was different because I had more money than most people, that might be ok. I don't really like feeling like a misfit.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:01 pm

Image Image

Last edited by Catlover5 on 13 Jul 2015, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm

I do or have done lots of things, including staying in the house & playing video-games all day, I also fix & build & repair computers, but I also do kung fu & even became qualified as a sifu/instructor, plus I speak/read/study/research/learn several languages, have read tons of things related to obscure or taboo-topics (like that of para-psychology), and even watch lots of videos & animé sometimes (this also includes plenty of hentai), and I even engage in on-line activities that might be referred to as cybering, plus I know how to clean a house to absolute spotlessness, have worked many different jobs througout my life in various industries (from office-work to construction & just about everything in-between), and I have even conquered over 5000 different video-games titles during my life (a lot of them started out from beating many N.E.S. games from renting them from a video-store then also winning on a lot of other platforms, including the S.N.E.S. & various video-arcades that are often seen in a mall), can even draw (also includes hentai-drawings but I haven't drawn anything for years now), have attended various schools, watched numerous documentaries (many that are « conspiracy » related), know how to wash & fold my own clothes, have lived in a car before, can protect myself from thieving extortionist tax-collectors due to having learned legalese, plus I am deadly handsome ! Oh, yes, and I'm also VERY MODEST, too ! :D

That doesn't mean that I don't have my own narrow interests, because when I did all of these things, I simply focused on certain things at certain stages of my life (the early to mid-20s was JUST WORKING, nothing else, etc). I could add a lot of other stuff I have done but time-constraints at the moment so need to post this now. I will add later when I feel like adding more reasons as to why I am just full of awesomely awesome awesomeness. :wink:

sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Boring to you, boring is relative.

Indubitably.

But, since I see the exact same people come back here year after year, complaining about the same issues, again and again, I'm guessing my definition of "boring" isn't just limited to myself.

or and I knot this might come as a shock. they don't meet people and them being boring to you have nothing to do with it.

if a firemen who mountain climbs on his free time never meets people he'll still be here single despite being a very interesting(exciting) person. so maybe not meeting and being able to socialize properly with other poeple has more f an effect then if a person likes playing video games and building pcs in their free time.

~fixed~
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Opinions, man, I find them offensive! /shakes fist

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

boo we just need to be quiet lets go back to the av club in the basement , don't' want us losers interfering with the popular kids. (not saying you're are. I wasn't either, but thats the vibe I get from them. calling other aaspies here losers because they have different hobbies then them)

And you know what's most funny about all that? Fnord accusing me of having an issue with XFG because she's a woman in authority voicing her opinion.

Him, out of all members, should be the last to attempt projecting his sexism on others - because seriously, we all know how bitter he is and how far he suspects women of being leechers and alimony schemers.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Quote:

Is it because she's a moderator, because she has opinions that you don't like, or because she's a woman?

... A woman in a position of authority, who is not afraid to express her opinions in a public venue ... is that your real reason for wanting her de-modded?

Btw, fnord, I wanted to reply to this:

Quote:
Since I agree with her, and have posted my agreements in the same thread, why have you not petitioned to have me banned, as well?

Because you are not a mod while she is a mod, I repeated this point many times but your sexist mind always assume sexism.

And I don't want XFG to be banned either, just de-modded.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 13 Jul 2015, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:05 pm

Catlover5 wrote:

pehaps, but it is nice to see how others here truely think about the majority of wrongplanet :(

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:17 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Opinions, man, I find them offensive! /shakes fist

Let me give you a concrete example:

Someone saying that rape victims are to be blamed for rape, is also wording an opinion.....no matter how ill it is, but it is an opinion at the end of the day.

If this person is for example was a carpenter or plumber saying it; or of any other profession that doesn't deal directly with the victims, then his ill opinion wouldn't be as harmful (at least not directly) to the victims.

But if he's a police figure or a social worker or a law figure saying it, then he must be booted from his position without remorse and the reasons for that are obvious.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 13 Jul 2015, 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm

I'm hungry.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:24 pm

Oreos are delicious Image

Last edited by Catlover5 on 13 Jul 2015, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm

Catlover5 wrote:
Oreos are delicious.

Oreos aren't healthy for cats, too much cacao.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 3:29 pm

My cat loves to eat. Just like me Image