Page 6 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 7:34 pm

Hey, not a problem. But some people would look at the idea of a $4,000 sex doll very strangely...

And I just wandered over to Wikipedia to do a bit of research on the subject... apparently, $4,000 is a bargain compared to some of the top-end models. There's one brand that has a price tag of $10,000. 8O

For that kind of money, I'd want one that can do all my housework for me as well. Or at least the dishes.

EDIT: I went and looked a the web site of the real expensive ones... why do all the dolls' facial expressions look like they've all had lobotomies?

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 9:40 pm

Yeah. I'm waiting for one that can do housework
and has a good AI program. But, it would probably
end up leaving me then.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 4:49 pm

Xenon wrote:
Kosmonaut wrote:
Xenon wrote:
That's why I can't take "incel" seriously as a concept -- for something this basic, there's always something one can do, things that someone can change about themselves.

Why should anyone change to get a f**k ?

If I would have had that attitude about work when I couldn't find a job no matter how hard I tried, I'd still be unemployed.

If there is something about themselves that is preventing them from getting sex (eg, their personality, their attitude, their lack of personal hygiene), then they have a choice: change, or live without. What I can't stand is the incessant "poor me, the world is against me" attitude that I keep hearing from the incel community. Sex is so easy to get that if someone isn't getting any, for a very long period of time, and there isn't an over-riding physical or psychological condition in the way (see below)... if they're looking for someone to blame for their lack of success they should look in the mirror.

Kosmonaut wrote:
An agarophobic isnt just going to decide to get up and walk out of the house because he hasn't stuck is cock inside someone for a while.

An agoraphobe can get treatment -- therapy, medication, whatever. But that's not really relevant since very few incels would qualify as agoraphobic. In fact, a true agoraphobic would qualify as "medcel" (medically celibate) rather than incel, because their celibacy is due to a medical condition. (In this case, a mental illness.)

I am open to change and have tried to change to get a relationship. I have had no luck at all. I have no idea what it is that is keeping me from getting one. I have tried altering my personality several times (which isn't easy) and reverting back to my original one and none of them worked. My attitude fluctuates naturally. I've even tried not caring after I heard that people have more success socially when they don't care. I got into trouble but did not have any success. I have no problem with personal hygiene. I've even heard that I am supposedly good looking. I've tried swallowing my pride and asking for advice. I've even tried lowering my standards. Nothing worked. I don't know why I still can't do it. Maybe it's my fault but it would help if I knew what the fault was so that I could correct it. Changing hasn't done s**t for me, I need to know what to change. If sex is so damn easy to get then there must be something I have overlooked, or maybe I have a psychological issue that I don't fully understand on top of AS. It can't be AS, I've heard of aspies who have success with this.

Technically I wouldn't consider myself involuntarily celibate. I would not rape a woman for sex even though I could. It would be pointless for me to do that anyway, all I really want is a girlfriend. I haven't heard any helpful suggestions, "change your attitude." What a lazy answer. Change it to what????

Now about sex dolls. Would a cheap one go for under $4000?

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 7:17 pm

Other than saying that my "change your attitude" comment was not specifically directed at you, I don't really know what else to tell you. Are you doing things in which you would meet single young women as part of the activity? A friend of mine who was having zero luck with women started going back to church some years ago, and through church activities he's met someone he's now dating. I had a friend suggest that I should join Mensa for the specific purpose of meeting women (the idea being, any activity or organization in which I would meet single women would facilitate the possibility of hooking up).

Every individual case is different, so the answer for you may well be different than for the next guy. Personal ads, online dating, speed dating, hanging out in bars, taking a class, joining the local Star Trek fan club, joining a youth group... seeking professional help to identify and resolve whatever issue you may have that isn't coming through (since your attitude seems okay)...

(And rape is not a legitimate outlet for sexual activity, since real sex requires all participants to be willing particpants.)

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 7:37 pm

Well there you go Goat.
Now go forth and multiply.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 12:40 pm

GoatOnFire wrote:
I am open to change and have tried to change to get a relationship. I have had no luck at all. I have no idea what it is that is keeping me from getting one. I have tried altering my personality several times (which isn't easy) and reverting back to my original one and none of them worked. My attitude fluctuates naturally. I've even tried not caring after I heard that people have more success socially when they don't care. I got into trouble but did not have any success. I have no problem with personal hygiene. I've even heard that I am supposedly good looking. I've tried swallowing my pride and asking for advice. I've even tried lowering my standards. Nothing worked. I don't know why I still can't do it. Maybe it's my fault but it would help if I knew what the fault was so that I could correct it. Changing hasn't done sh** for me, I need to know what to change. If sex is so damn easy to get then there must be something I have overlooked, or maybe I have a psychological issue that I don't fully understand on top of AS. It can't be AS, I've heard of aspies who have success with this.

Technically I wouldn't consider myself involuntarily celibate. I would not rape a woman for sex even though I could. It would be pointless for me to do that anyway, all I really want is a girlfriend. I haven't heard any helpful suggestions, "change your attitude." What a lazy answer. Change it to what????

Same thing here - I've run out of things to try, actually. If I can't date at 24, what hope is there for the rest of my life? It is a pity castration has side effects.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 3:09 pm

GoatOnFire wrote:
Now about sex dolls. Would a cheap one go for under $4000?

I feel the same way about sex dolls that I do about prostitution - I think they're both essentially assisted masturbation, not sex.

I certainly wouldn't shell out $4000 (or whatever the equivalent is in English pounds-sterling) for that - not when I could use the services of Madam Palm and her five sisters for free.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 4:42 pm

MrSinister wrote:
I feel the same way about sex dolls that I do about prostitution - I think they're both essentially assisted masturbation, not sex.

You know, for some odd reason I've always felt that way about one night stands, just that your helping someone else off too.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 5:59 pm

pbcoll wrote:
Same thing here - I've run out of things to try, actually. If I can't date at 24, what hope is there for the rest of my life? It is a pity castration has side effects.

You're worried at 24? It wasn't until I was 26 that I first had sex. And it wasn't until I was at least 30 that relationships became a tangible possibility for me.

(Yeah, I know... that doesn't help much.)

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 6:24 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
MrSinister wrote:

You know, for some odd reason I've always felt that way about one night stands, just that your helping someone else off too.

Yeah, but I think that I might get more pleasure alone.
Except for the thought that I one-nighter MIGHT go
somewhere.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 7:05 pm

calandale wrote:
Yeah, but I think that I might get more pleasure alone.
Except for the thought that I one-nighter MIGHT go
somewhere.

I think it really might depend how drunk I am and how cute she is. Of course if her personality's kack it still wouldn't happen.