so I'm slightly telepathic......I think.

Page 6 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 4:20 pm

Kosmonaut wrote:
well im bumping this thread up.
i did have high expectations, but at least i still have some hope left.
Anyone with slight psychic powers feel free to post here.
obviously we do not want predictions of events which have already happened...

Now, now. Past and future are all part of the same time continuum, so it's
not fair to discriminate against those capable of predicting the past.

Uncertain-Late
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 May 2007, 10:15 pm

Ramsus wrote:
An aura has nothing to do with paranormal activity. It's a natural occurance formed by the reaction of molecules to the electricity in our bodies. A Russian team did extensive studies on this.

So as soon as they've determined that something previously thought to be paranormal is real, it no longer counts!? Why does someone actually have to be PROVABLY BENDING THE LAWS OF PHYSICS before you stop patronising them!? If someone doesn't believe in auras they'll say "Don't be silly, you can't see auras, they're not real." If they do believe in them they'll say "Who cares if you can see them or not? I've decided they're real now, so it's nothing special anyway!"

Ramsus wrote:
An aura is *impossible* to see with a human eye, though they've suggested it may be possible that babies are able to see them.

OUR BABIES ARE HUMAN. This means that an aura is NOT "impossible to see with a human eye", assuming your own words are correct.

Ramsus wrote:
And Gamester, we all encounter whacks like you on a daily basis.

What? I have never encountered someone who says they have dreams that predict the future. Perhaps you live in some kind of special community of interest where overt psychic phenomena are commonplace.

Ramsus wrote:
I said to provide some actual evidence to why you believe psychic phenomenon exists - you failed to do so.

On an online text forum? What proof could he possibly give? He could come up with anything from pictures of government papers to video links about telekinesis and you'd still be able to complain about it because no "evidence" he could possibly give will ever actually be tangible to you.

I'm also pissed because nobody seems to be acknowledging my posts, although that is of course a matter of ego so I guess it doesn't really matter.

My point is, if you're actually making any effort to put up a decent argument here, please make sure that what you post makes some kind of sense. :x

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 2:55 am

Uncertain-Late wrote:
Ramsus wrote:
An aura has nothing to do with paranormal activity. It's a natural occurance formed by the reaction of molecules to the electricity in our bodies. A Russian team did extensive studies on this.

So as soon as they've determined that something previously thought to be paranormal is real, it no longer counts!? Why does someone actually have to be PROVABLY BENDING THE LAWS OF PHYSICS before you stop patronising them!? If someone doesn't believe in auras they'll say "Don't be silly, you can't see auras, they're not real." If they do believe in them they'll say "Who cares if you can see them or not? I've decided they're real now, so it's nothing special anyway!"

Ramsus wrote:
An aura is *impossible* to see with a human eye, though they've suggested it may be possible that babies are able to see them.

OUR BABIES ARE HUMAN. This means that an aura is NOT "impossible to see with a human eye", assuming your own words are correct.

Ramsus wrote:

What? I have never encountered someone who says they have dreams that predict the future. Perhaps you live in some kind of special community of interest where overt psychic phenomena are commonplace.

Ramsus wrote:
I said to provide some actual evidence to why you believe psychic phenomenon exists - you failed to do so.

On an online text forum? What proof could he possibly give? He could come up with anything from pictures of government papers to video links about telekinesis and you'd still be able to complain about it because no "evidence" he could possibly give will ever actually be tangible to you.

I'm also pissed because nobody seems to be acknowledging my posts, although that is of course a matter of ego so I guess it doesn't really matter.

My point is, if you're actually making any effort to put up a decent argument here, please make sure that what you post makes some kind of sense. :x

Hey! UL. Thanx. Your posts are actually quite envigorating to read and I'm glad I ahve a least one smart person here defending me.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 4:09 am

Gamester wrote:
Uncertain-Late wrote:
Ramsus wrote:

Ramsus wrote:

Ramsus wrote:

Ramsus wrote:

Hey! UL. Thanx. Your posts are actually quite envigorating to read and I'm glad I ahve a least one smart person here defending me.

I disagree with both of them, although Rasmus was way out of line from what I read, he did have a point about a lot of people claiming psychic powers. Just look anywhere you can find an ad and there'll be one for a psychic. For example on TV I see ads that ask you to send in an SMS so that basically you can get a horribly faked reading by somebody with no knowledge of Astrology.

I don't know if you have psychic powers or not but I am annoyed when somebody bases an assumption on very little information. As I said I haven't read much so I'm not really saying that you did this, but I do think that you had to expect the response you got, given how this Forums works (Which is horribly).

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Uncertain-Late
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2007, 5:00 am

Gamester wrote:

Thanks! :D My incredible arrogance is justified once again lol.

And Deus_ex_machina, you impress me with your knowledge of Khanate.

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 12:20 pm

FunnyFairytale wrote:
I dont agree with you.
One theory says we havent lived it before,but we have planned it.
And then not everything either,only the big things that happen..
Thats what some say about deja vu also...thats its a reminder that we are on the right track.
I dont know if I believe in that,but its a theory I read about and it doesnt really rule out choice.
Also,speaking of choice,if we made these"choices"( the big happenings) before coming here,then we did have a choice afterall.

Even if we did make the choices before, and are re-living them, then it still doesn´t matter what we do today. We still have no choice in the matter. Even if it was me who made those choices yesterday, I do not remember them, nor the person who made them (even if it was "me" it wasn´t me, thus it might as well have been someone else who has planned everything for me). I´m sure that some people have had deja vu right before something terrible happened.

If thats the case, then some of us are stuck in hell for all eternity. Those who commit suicide are condemned to commit it over and over again. Those who have been raped are condemned to be raped over and over again. Babies who die will never grow up. Parents who lose a child will lose one in every life for all eternity. Assh***s who got lucky and are rich will always be assh***s who are lucky and rich. People who got away with murder will always get away with murder. People who suffer their whole lives with AS, then end it before it gets better will relive the same life over and over. Not good for free will, nor comforting thought, although it is in line with some Hindu beliefs.

Also, how did anything happend the first time? If every life is a re-run of a previous life, there is no beginning, there is only infinite regress. Nothing can ever come about. I don´t mean to rag on your beliefs(?), but I cannot see how this is a good thing, nor possible. This is why psychic abilities don´t appeal to me. And, yes, maybe I do believe these things because it gives me comfort, but the logical conclusions cannot be denied.

Psychics/re-living previous lives = unfree will.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 6:24 pm

jonathan79 wrote:
FunnyFairytale wrote:
I dont agree with you.
One theory says we havent lived it before,but we have planned it.
And then not everything either,only the big things that happen..
Thats what some say about deja vu also...thats its a reminder that we are on the right track.
I dont know if I believe in that,but its a theory I read about and it doesnt really rule out choice.
Also,speaking of choice,if we made these"choices"( the big happenings) before coming here,then we did have a choice afterall.

Even if we did make the choices before, and are re-living them, then it still doesn´t matter what we do today. We still have no choice in the matter. Even if it was me who made those choices yesterday, I do not remember them, nor the person who made them (even if it was "me" it wasn´t me, thus it might as well have been someone else who has planned everything for me). I´m sure that some people have had deja vu right before something terrible happened.

If thats the case, then some of us are stuck in hell for all eternity. Those who commit suicide are condemned to commit it over and over again. Those who have been raped are condemned to be raped over and over again. Babies who die will never grow up. Parents who lose a child will lose one in every life for all eternity. Assh***s who got lucky and are rich will always be assh***s who are lucky and rich. People who got away with murder will always get away with murder. People who suffer their whole lives with AS, then end it before it gets better will relive the same life over and over. Not good for free will, nor comforting thought, although it is in line with some Hindu beliefs.

Also, how did anything happend the first time? If every life is a re-run of a previous life, there is no beginning, there is only infinite regress. Nothing can ever come about. I don´t mean to rag on your beliefs(?), but I cannot see how this is a good thing, nor possible. This is why psychic abilities don´t appeal to me. And, yes, maybe I do believe these things because it gives me comfort, but the logical conclusions cannot be denied.

Psychics/re-living previous lives = unfree will.

Deja Vu is just a glitch in the memory as best as I can explain it.

"In recent years, déjà vu has been subjected to serious psychological and neurophysiological research. The most likely explanation of déjà vu is that it is not an act of 'precognition' or 'prophecy', but rather an anomaly of memory; it is the impression that an experience is 'being recalled'"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu

Although that comment isn't cited I have heard it several times before, such as on an episode of Catalyst.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 6:31 pm

Deus_ex_machina wrote:
... given how this Forums works (Which is horribly).

So, I take it that you'd prefer a forum where people AREN'T allowed to
express their opinions?

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 7:19 pm

calandale wrote:
Deus_ex_machina wrote:
... given how this Forums works (Which is horribly).

So, I take it that you'd prefer a forum where people AREN'T allowed to
express their opinions?

Oh everybody just loves to expect the worst from me don't they? I mean that people always seem to be either fighting or ignoring each other, basicly I was talking about the community not the Forum mechanics itself.

Christ I'm always going over things aren't I? At this rate I'll end up with arthritis before I move out. Honestly I don't know what you were expecting me to say, "Yes I'm planing to turn this into a modern day facist regime, wanna get payed well?"?! :roll:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 7:29 pm

Deus_ex_machina wrote:
Oh everybody just loves to expect the worst from me don't they? I mean that people always seem to be either fighting or ignoring each other, basicly I was talking about the community not the Forum mechanics itself.

I was actually somewhat curious, and if you had some concern
about the way things are run, was going to suggest that you
post them over in the discussion section for the site itself.
I always rather enjoy those kinds of things. But yeah,
what you're talking about is pretty much a matter of
a combination of the size of this forum, and the
general aspieness.

Deus_ex_machina wrote:
Christ I'm always going over things aren't I? At this rate I'll end up with arthritis before I move out. Honestly I don't know what you were expecting me to say, "Yes I'm planing to turn this into a modern day facist regime, wanna get payed well?"?! :roll:

Well, yes actually. I'd accept getting paid, period.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2007, 9:44 pm

Uncertain-Late wrote:
Ramsus wrote:

You're missing the point that an aura was never paranormal to begin with.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 10:22 pm

calandale wrote:
general aspieness.

Well I don't like the Chat room, but I don't make it into there often, why is there something that you don't like about how it is run? I think my problem is a bit more than that, but I'm having trouble thinking of a way of explaining it, or knowing just what "it" is.

calandale wrote:
Well, yes actually. I'd accept getting paid, period.

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that it would be Mussolini style didn't I? :twisted:

"Am I bad?
Yes he's bad!
Am I bad?
Yes he's bad!"

Sorry, just seemed so appropriate. :lol:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 10:39 pm

Deus_ex_machina wrote:
calandale wrote:
general aspieness.

Well I don't like the Chat room, but I don't make it into there often, why is there something that you don't like about how it is run? I think my problem is a bit more than that, but I'm having trouble thinking of a way of explaining it, or knowing just what "it" is.

Hmm...the chat room seems pretty free form,
and I don't think that there's much interference
there at all. I try and avoid it, myself. Outside
of that, if you can think of things, feel free to use the
discussion area for the site. We may not be able
to get to the root of a problem, but sometimes
it's just fun to hack ideas around.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 10:41 pm

calandale wrote:
Deus_ex_machina wrote:
calandale wrote:
general aspieness.

Well what's your problem with it then?

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 11:17 pm

Deus_ex_machina wrote:
calandale wrote:
Deus_ex_machina wrote:
calandale wrote:
general aspieness.

Holy Kismet, Deus, I didn't realize you were Villain. YOU'RE ALIVE!

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 11:54 pm

Deus_ex_machina wrote:

Never said that I had one. I was trying to
find out what YOUR complaint was.

as per:

Quote:
but I do think that you had to expect the response you got, given how this Forums works (Which is horribly).