Funny
Open-minded
A little creative at least

Think anyone fits this?

Hanwag
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2008, 1:01 pm

I am always curious about the honesty 'demand'. The question is how honest you want someone to be? I believe most women and men like some sort of honesty but not always. I mean if my girlfriend is crying over something (she had and has several emotional problems) would she want me to support her or be honest that I do not think the thing she cries about is so important? If I find someone else attractive would she want to know every time or would she be satisfied with the fact I honestly will not cheat? If she is gaining weight by her medicine would she want to hear I like how she looks better when she's in better shape or would it be better if I support her in what she needs and love her anyway?

It's not that I dislike honesty and I am honest 99% of the time, but always being honest is something that is not possible in life. I know some aspies who because of their asperger are too honest and they get a hard time for it sometimes.

p.s. for the rest I believe I do qualify, but I am taken ;).

Last edited by Hanwag on 09 Mar 2008, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PsychonautChaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Mar 2008, 1:01 pm

Need:
Must be a girl(Or at least a hermaphrodite, I'm really not picky, even though I would prefer a girl without a penis...)
Must like me or fall in love me eventually. (Well I wouldn't have a relationship if the girl wouldn't love me now would I?)
Must want to be with me, and enjoy my company.
Want/ prefer:
Open mind - I generally don't like people with rigid views. I personally really like someone who's how to say, flexible.
It would be sooo nice to be able to talk to her. It would be a real dream to have a girlfriend who would be at the same time your best friend.

That's a little unrealistic, but I would prefer a girl that's how to say it. Weird. The thing is that I'm a little weird myself, enjoy weird movies, weird song etc. And really would like to meet a girl with similar tastes, fall in love with her, exchange opinions on movies we saw, comment each others tastes etc.

Anything else? I don't remember.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 1:14 pm

Hanwag wrote:
I am always curious about the honesty 'demand'. The question is how honest you want someone to be? I believe most women and men like some sort of honesty but not always. I mean if my girlfriend is crying over something (she had and has several emotional problems) would she want me to support her or be honest that I do not think the thing she cries about is so important? If I find someone else attractive would she want to know every time or would she be satisfied with the fact I honestly will not cheat? If she is gaining weight by her medicine would she want to hear I like how she looks better when she's in better shape or would it be better if I support her in what she needs and love her anyway?

It's not that I dislike honesty and I am honest 99% of the time, but always being honest is something that is not possible in life. I know some aspies who because of their asperger are too honest and they get a hard time for it sometimes.

An example of honesty for me is if my partner was out cheating and telling me he has to work overtime. I think in any relationship, you need a little honesty to gain respect.

p.s. for the rest I believe I do qualify, but I am taken ;).

Hanwag
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2008, 1:29 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
An example of honesty for me is if my partner was out cheating and telling me he has to work overtime. I think in any relationship, you need a little honesty to gain respect.

Okay, to that point it's very reasonable. You can make a distinction I think between honesty about deeds and honesty about thoughts and desires. Every person is entitled to their own feelings always as long as no foul acts are done because of that.

Hanwag
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Mar 2008, 1:32 pm

To get back to the topic, I think the primary need is a certain understanding of me as a person. This is already such a hard thing all other demands are secondary (well, maybe except for the fact I'm a heterosexual).

PowersOfTen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Mar 2008, 1:44 pm

Want: dark hair, light skin, 100-120lbs, beautiful face, cares about appearance, highly intelligent, artistic, has moral standards.

Need: will not lie and cheat, does actually care for me, isn't crazy.

The wants generally describe most of my exes, they were simply lacking the needs, though some only later in the relationship.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 10:41 pm

Changed my mind: Conservatives are welcome, too.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sands
Toucan
Toucan

10 Mar 2008, 11:24 pm

lol

What's normal anyway?

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 8:26 am

This notion seems very odd to me. When I spoke about "wants" and "needs" in school, it usually boiled down to questions of "basic human rights" which included food, water, shelter, air and sleep. I don't "need" a relationship. I don't "need" a hypothetical partner to even be a woman, much less an attractive one. But I couldn't imagine being happy or satisfied in a relationship with a man or a woman who I didn't find sexually attractive. I could only disappoint them. But it wouldn't kill me.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 8:34 am

As far as "wants" go, though:

- They are female.
- I find them attractive for some reason.
- They are strong-willed.
- They share an interest with me in something.

PowersOfTen

11 Mar 2008, 12:04 pm

Hector wrote:
This notion seems very odd to me. When I spoke about "wants" and "needs" in school, it usually boiled down to questions of "basic human rights" which included food, water, shelter, air and sleep. I don't "need" a relationship. I don't "need" a hypothetical partner to even be a woman, much less an attractive one. But I couldn't imagine being happy or satisfied in a relationship with a man or a woman who I didn't find sexually attractive. I could only disappoint them. But it wouldn't kill me.

I think we're actually looking at it as in "what you need for the relationship to work", instead of "what you need to survive".

Nothing really needs anything without context, you don't need to survive, I don't need to exist. So yeah, the term is always applied with an attached context.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 12:59 pm

It was the "wants" part that confused me. Put my supposed wants under "needs", then, except perhaps for the "strong-willed" part.

There are a few little things I kind of like. I like glasses. I like girls who are very tall or very short. I like posh accents, don't ask me why. But that's about it as far as I remember.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 1:10 pm

Another thing I can think of is......................................I really want someone who has a strong affinity for the Darker side of life and knows how to revel in gloom . I know what you're thinking:Goth :roll: But in fact I could care less what they dress like and what kind of music they listen to and I think it better if like me they are not involved in any group or 'subculture'.
Im sick and tired of optimism and peoples disdain for misanthropy. :x

OptimusSupes114
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Mar 2008, 2:56 pm

What I need: Love, Honor, Respect, Commitment, and most importantly, Acceptance

What I want: Red Hair-Green Eyes (Scottish or part-Scottish), "brick house" measurements, same age/birthday as me, shares a love of comic books/Star Wars/Transformers as me.