Rejected by eHarmony dating site? (Poll)

Page 7 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Were you rejected by eHarmony?
I never applied to eHarmony 56%  56%  [ 50 ]
Yes, they rejected me 21%  21%  [ 19 ]
No, they accepted me 22%  22%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 89

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 5:52 pm

well, after i answered about 8,000 more questions, it appears that Jono and i are an even worse match.

me & Jono 45% Match / 55% Friend / 36% Enemy

it seems that we would probably attempt bodily harm on each other, given the chance. 8O

the people that have messaged me so far mostly live in my area, so i think they were just randomly searching for new users in our city. a couple more guys have come around, but still no girls. :(

i was searching my matches and i saw that i have a very high match percentage with a soldier in Hawaii. interesting, because most of my other matches are more liberal activist types. i also matched over 90% with 4 very attractive trans people (both MtoF and FtoM).

for people that have messaged others on OKCupid, what is the lowest match % you would consider for a potential mate?

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 5:55 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
well, after i answered about 8,000 more questions, it appears that Jono and i are an even worse match.

me & Jono 45% Match / 55% Friend / 36% Enemy

it seems that we would probably attempt bodily harm on each other, given the chance. 8O

the people that have messaged me so far mostly live in my area, so i think they were just randomly searching for new users in our city. a couple more guys have come around, but still no girls. :(

i was searching my matches and i saw that i have a very high match percentage with a soldier in Hawaii. interesting, because most of my other matches are more liberal activist types. i also matched over 90% with 4 very attractive trans people (both MtoF and FtoM).

for people that have messaged others on OKCupid, what is the lowest match % you would consider for a potential mate?

I'm in anon mode still. I wonder what you and me looked like?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 5:58 pm

I can see one drawback - not enough membership locally. I have maybe 10 or 12 girls over 90% match, TBH the 80-89% range might hold better promise. I'd like to think membership increases or changes enough that it won't be the same people staring at each other but I'd say 1 out of 4 haven't been on for months.

hyperlexian wrote:

I might go down through the 80's, 70's or high 60's would really depend on what it is or how much we want to try drawing from a relationship. I think the lower I went though the more I'd need to see high friendship and low enemy coefficients to balance things out.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:00 pm

nthach wrote:
I'm in anon mode still. I wonder what you and me looked like?

sigh. you and i are:

57% Match / 69% Friend / 33% Enemy

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:01 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

I don't usually notice the percentages. I look at the pictures, then read the text and then maybe think, mmm... maybe - if she didn't live in new york or the other side of the forever, and then I go back to dribbling barely sensical posts over at WP. 8)

Last edited by Moog on 19 Dec 2010, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:05 pm

i was getting tons of matches, but then i realized it was probably because i set the age range from 18 to 100. when i narrowed it to age 30 to 50, it was only above 90% on the first page of results (10 men) and fewer results for women (7 matches above 90%).

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:09 pm

Moog wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I don't usually notice the percentages. I look at the pictures, then read the text and then maybe think, mmm... maybe - if she didn't live in new york or the other side of the forever, and then I go back to dribbling barely sensical posts over at WP. 8)

what do you notice in a picture? like, what makes a picture good enough to look at the profile? hotness or other factors?

sorry to be interrogating everyone, but this is so fascinating. this isn't just directed at Moog - this is for anyone who looks at profiles after noticing pix.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:17 pm

Living near a city like London I've got quite a lot of 90% and above matches. Though I notice that the 80-90 range is still people I would get along with.

I did laugh when an old ex of mine showed up at 90%

Incase anyones curious this is her

Triggerhappysam

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:21 pm

Laz wrote:
Living near a city like London I've got quite a lot of 90% and above matches. Though I notice that the 80-90 range is still people I would get along with.

Triggerhappysam

i match with her pretty well!

86% Match / 79% Friend / 17% Enemy

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:24 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
sorry to be interrogating everyone, but this is so fascinating. this isn't just directed at Moog - this is for anyone who looks at profiles after noticing pix.

Yes, I won't go to a profile that doesn't have a pic.

Its two things really - partly, yes, could I be attracted? Easily as important though what kind of energy or persona are they projecting? What type of energy to they give off? A lot of how we integrate people has something as well to do with an interplay between appearance and personality, dialog, etc., some people here even perhaps might not seem to make so much sense in writing but then you see them or talk to them on the phone and all of a sudden seeing them or hearing their voice puts a slightly different spin on things - perhaps not on who they are but why they are who they are, what their life experience has been, or if they're used to speaking in certain ways you may see exactly why.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:30 pm

I understand what moog and techstepgenr8tion are saying regarding pictures in profiles.

I guess from my perspective I only really look at a profile in more depth if the person seems to appeal to me in how they look. Though I wouldn't neccesarily say its physical attraction i seem to just associate certain kinds of characteristics with certain facial features which is difficult for me to really articulate into any list or system. Though I quite like techstep's explaination above in that connection between how a person expresses themselves and how they look. I guess its a similair kinda thing in some respects.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:44 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Laz wrote:

Triggerhappysam

80% match.

She's going to be wondering why a bunch of weirdos looked at her profile tonight. :lol:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:46 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Moog wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

what do you notice in a picture? like, what makes a picture good enough to look at the profile? hotness or other factors?

Something about the picture makes her seem interesting, there's something about her that draws me. It's not necessarily physical beauty. But something attracts.

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:47 pm

Gotta admit I do look at the photos first and if I don't find her physically attractive then I won't bother reading. Physical attractiveness is the quickest and easiest way to eliminate someone, because you can see straight away. Personality requires reading through the profile/getting to know them.

I am gimmikk on okcupid btw, if anyone's interested

Oh and don't bother telling me my photo is bad - I'm not really using the site anymore but left the profile up anyway, so I'm ok with my picture not exactly attracting teh ladiez :P

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:50 pm

Moog wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Laz wrote:

Triggerhappysam

80% match.

She's going to be wondering why a bunch of weirdos looked at her profile tonight. :lol:

I thought that myself. But I don't think she'd recognise me with a beard at all :hmph:

Famous last words i'll probably get a message from her saying WTF are you doing on here

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 6:51 pm

Quote:

Count me in as another weirdo: 72% :wink: