At what age do most Aspies kiss for the very first time?

Page 7 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

How old were you?
I never kissed anyone in a romantic way but I want to! 29%  29%  [ 85 ]
I never kissed anyone in a romantic way but I don't want to. 4%  4%  [ 13 ]
Under -14 15%  15%  [ 44 ]
14-16 17%  17%  [ 49 ]
16-18 14%  14%  [ 40 ]
18-20 10%  10%  [ 28 ]
20-25 8%  8%  [ 22 ]
25-30 3%  3%  [ 8 ]
30-35 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
35-40 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 292

rasol
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2011, 11:04 am

25 and never kissed, never hugged, never had sex and never had a girlfriend... nada.

I'm pretty much a social outcast I think and given how fast the years go by I'll probably never will have any those things.

ColaBear
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Sep 2011, 6:38 pm

25, I think. All I remember is there being a faux fur blanket on the sofa.

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

I am not really sure. I would say it has yet to happen, but there are varying opinions on the matter. There are even guys that claim we slept together... 8O

But I don't trust rumors. ;)

number2
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2011, 8:47 pm

I was kissed when I was 17 once and second time when I was 18.
The first girl that wanted to kiss me also wanted more then that but I never delivered and the second girl that kissed me was a complete stranger at a party and she was going to have sex with me but I made her sit on the couch while I masturbated and was she was really mad at me cuz I would barley do anything with her and called me a "jack off" and I never saw her again. The reason I do nothing with girls is because I was paranoid of getting AIDS or having a kid and at both times I had no protection. =/

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 10:10 pm

OldFashioned wrote:
I'm still waiting for my kiss. :cry:

How comes so many aspies kiss so young? How is this possible?

I ask myself the same thing. Still waiting, and I just turned 29

So many kids here who have so much more experience than I do, and yet they're all Aspie. What is wrong with me?

rasol
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2011, 10:12 pm

I think I'm getting a bit of an inkling why I never had a girlfriend.

The problem is also me but it's mostly not me I think. One of the biggest reason I can't get a girlfriend is that I have no job and still live with parents which can be quite a big turn-off. I'm also very unhealthy (may I say obese and diabetic) which is also a problem I think.

Many (if not most) women like rich and independent guys with a long and stable future and I'm not just one of these guys. Another one of the reasons is that I don't think I am built for a monogamous relationship. I don't think I could choose one woman to spend the rest of my life with while ignoring all others. If I could choose then I would probably choose polyamory over monogamy any time of the day.

Monogamy never made much sense to me.

Last edited by rasol on 04 Oct 2011, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

03 Oct 2011, 11:42 pm

Uhhhhh... how many people older than 30 have answered this poll?

Because, seriously, the distribution curve on here makes it look like if you've never kissed by the time you're 30, it's never happening and that has despairing implications for those 40 year old virgins out there.

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 12:39 am

I'm 44.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 3:02 am

Adam82 wrote:
OldFashioned wrote:

So many kids here who have so much more experience than I do, and yet they're all Aspie. What is wrong with me?

Several reasons: people diagnosed younger, plus diagnosed in more recent times, have a higher change of developing improved social skills at a younger age (due to earlier intervention). Plus the criteria for diagnosis is looser, and rate of diagnosis has increased, therefore there is an increase of less severely socially disadvantaged people with Aspergers.

Another thing I have noticed, although I would definitely hesitate to state it as accurate as it's based of a very small and probably non-representative sample of aspies, is that on this forum there is a definite discrepancy between males and females regarding sexual experience. Female aspies in general seem to have their first sexual experiences at a much younger age than male aspies in general. I think if the poll was subdivided into genderized categories the data would reflect this. I think this probably happens because the social culture of sexual pursuit has the male as pursuer, and female as pursued. Regarding sexual experience, at least, (but not necessarily healthy or long term relationships), I think it's generally more difficult for the male aspie to obtain than the female aspie, not to mention that due to naivety female aspies are quite vulnerable to sexual predators, so many have more sexual experience against their will.

I thought I was going pretty well, having my first kiss at 19, but when I compare myself to all the other female aspies who have posted their first kiss age in this forum it seems I am more towards the edge of the bell curve (when compared to other female aspies).

OldFashioned
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 5:17 am

Adam82 wrote:
OldFashioned wrote:

I thought about it and maybe they are very very good looking and we're just average so we have to make a big effort, they don't. They just stand there and wait for a girl to rape them. :roll:

SolitaryOutsider
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Oct 2011, 7:05 am

I was 25 when I had my first kiss since I misread a girl inviting me to her place to me she wanted me. Initially she just wanted me there to get rid of a pest (mouse in her apartment). After I did that...well, one thing lead to another. :) Can't deny I was unbelievably lucky with the timing and situation. I learned a lot from her.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 10:15 am

sunshower wrote:
Adam82 wrote:
OldFashioned wrote:

Several reasons: people diagnosed younger, plus diagnosed in more recent times, have a higher change of developing improved social skills at a younger age (due to earlier intervention). Plus the criteria for diagnosis is looser, and rate of diagnosis has increased, therefore there is an increase of less severely socially disadvantaged people with Aspergers.

Another thing I have noticed, although I would definitely hesitate to state it as accurate as it's based of a very small and probably non-representative sample of aspies, is that on this forum there is a definite discrepancy between males and females regarding sexual experience. Female aspies in general seem to have their first sexual experiences at a much younger age than male aspies in general. I think if the poll was subdivided into genderized categories the data would reflect this. I think this probably happens because the social culture of sexual pursuit has the male as pursuer, and female as pursued. Regarding sexual experience, at least, (but not necessarily healthy or long term relationships), I think it's generally more difficult for the male aspie to obtain than the female aspie, not to mention that due to naivety female aspies are quite vulnerable to sexual predators, so many have more sexual experience against their will.

I thought I was going pretty well, having my first kiss at 19, but when I compare myself to all the other female aspies who have posted their first kiss age in this forum it seems I am more towards the edge of the bell curve (when compared to other female aspies).

*The diagnosed younger and less-efficiently is true.
*Ha! Story of my life has had me be the pursuer, and guys the pursued. Though it never worked out :( I would ask guys to dance with me and I even had to ask the guy out on my first date. Though, that's not true with my boyfriend now. :P
*Excuse me? Naive and vulnerable HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol: :roll: Nobody *dares* to mess with me. When I was little, I was so strong , my parents had to ground me instead of spank me because thy were afraid of what I could do if I reacted. Don't get me wrong, I was a little kid and dumb once. But I played by MY RULES. If I didn't want it to happen I was going to make *DANG SURE* that it wouldn't.......or at least put up a nasty fight. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
*What do you mean towards the bell curve?
*I will probably get mine soon and I am 18 almost 19

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 2:17 am

I had my first kiss yesterday from Trigas :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Cept now my lips are sore, haha.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 2:39 am

OldFashioned wrote:

I think it's a matter of creating the right opportunity or situation for it to happen. I didn't have my first kiss until I was 15 and I wasn't diagnosed until I was 17, I hadn't a clue what AS was until around that age so I don't think it's a case of being diagnosed earlier.

Grete
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 4:31 am

19. A few days ago, actually.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 4:49 am

Grete wrote:
19. A few days ago, actually.

l
Almost me too, I'm 19 in 16 days now! :D
Haha, for me it was the 21st tho. :) And amazing :) Because it was with someone whom I absolutely adore.