Page 7 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 3:38 pm

Kurgan wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I don't understand all the bannings. It simply is over the top. I don't like or agree with these people, but some of their posts aren't that bad, they should be given a chance to defend their view.

I'm not talking about the ones who post about all women being b*****s, but some of the others.

Have there really been that many bannings?

Banning any insecure (but essentially harmless) teenage boy would be to go over the top, but genuine (whether it's men who think all women are shallow golddiggers or women who think all men are pigs) should not be taken lightly.

No there haven't been many bannings. In fact most of them were sock-puppet accounts of one single member who keeps popping up.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 1:33 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I don't understand all the bannings. It simply is over the top. I don't like or agree with these people, but some of their posts aren't that bad, they should be given a chance to defend their view.

I'm not talking about the ones who post about all women being b*****s, but some of the others.

Have there really been that many bannings?

Banning any insecure (but essentially harmless) teenage boy would be to go over the top, but genuine (whether it's men who think all women are shallow golddiggers or women who think all men are pigs) should not be taken lightly.

No there haven't been many bannings. In fact most of them were sock-puppet accounts of one single member who keeps popping up.
Its a troll I think was Desertnomad but also had an account flamingswordsman im not sure if they are linked or not though. Had a PM from flamingswordsman bragging bout him having his 20th sockpuppet account banned. *shrug*

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 1:37 pm

What's there to brag about?

I wish people would just "get a life!"

Take a nice walk over a long pier, and look out to the shiny sea.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 8:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What's there to brag about?

I wish people would just "get a life!"

Take a nice walk over a long pier, and look out to the shiny sea.

don't have piers here or shin seas

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm

You're inland then--in the mountains, perhaps?

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 2:02 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
em_tsuj wrote:

But you are very unrealistic if you think that guys who get rejected all the time by girls and are frustrated by this rejection are not going to develop some misogynistic attitudes .......

Actually, no, misogyny is not inevitable for autistic males, nor should women be expected to tolerate it.

Quote:
I just don't think dumping everything onto the moderators is the best way to deal with these types of things. Social norms are established by what members in the community generally find to be acceptable behavior, not what the rules say or what authority figures say. I like to see misguided thinking rebutted by wrongplanet members (members of the community) instead of having moderators (authority figures) step in.

The moderators do just fine dealing with racism and homophobia. Dealing with sexism is no different.

Quote:
That's your opinion. I don't find such things offensive, even though they are directed at my gender.

I do find them offensive and so do many other women.

And I see no reason why sexism should be treated differently than racism or homophobia.

Either you are misunderstanding me or not fully reading my posts, because you are totally off-base with your comments. Either way, we are not going to see eye to eye. Have a good day.