I don't understand why I can't get a woman! [! SATIRE !]

Page 7 of 50 [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 8:45 am

People can blame their inappropriate behavior towards women on autism or they can actually listen to women and change it. It’s their choice.

Autism is not a valid excuse.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 8:46 am

klanka wrote:
If you want to protect women go into the street at 2am on a Saturday night and make sure they're not assaulted. That would actually be helping and heroic like good old he-man there.

I wish I had been in the streets of Cardiff when my ex got assaulted for spurning unwanted attention from a man. Then again, I'd probably be doing life in prison for murder if I'd been there.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 8:50 am

Recidivist wrote:
klanka wrote:
If you want to protect women go into the street at 2am on a Saturday night and make sure they're not assaulted. That would actually be helping and heroic like good old he-man there.

I wish I had been in the streets of Cardiff when my ex got assaulted for spurning unwanted attention from a man. Then again, I'd probably be doing life in prison for murder if I'd been there.

:heart:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 8:53 am

klanka wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
klanka wrote:
Someone being concerned about their height in relation to dating isn't misogyny,but it is being mocked here. The thread title and location is similar to many legit threads where someone is concerned about their dating life.
That example is not so much misogyny but a lack of understanding when it comes to women, especially when it’s taken in context with other threads and posts by certain members.

Quote:
Feel free to have this thread but it just makes this forum mainstream crap
We seem to have very different opinions about this thread.

Yes autistic men tend to make many social errors and have a lack of understanding of women , for which they get mocked by the mainstream of society endlessly. It's tiresome.

There are four comments on the first page of this thread mocking anyone who is insecure about their height.
I'm over 6' so I'm not insecure.
so I'm not going against it for that reason.

I just expect better of the forum here than to devolve into the usual nasty stuff that society puts out.

Like autistic women don’t get mocked or make social errors.
Also you shouldn’t have to be on the streets protecting women from men.
Men should know better than to harass women walking alone at night.
Tall men can walk the streets late, try walking that same street as a petite women alone at 3AM.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 8:57 am

klanka wrote:
It's just a forum with a few members anyway, posting here isn't going to 'protect any women'.

You are wrong.

You have no idea what goes on in this forum outside what is visible, I used to be a moderator here, I know exactly what goes on. Changing the atmosphere/attitudes here is exactly what is needed.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 9:04 am

It hurts my brain that anyone would come and try to say this post is bad for mocking autistic men and their struggles.

It's not a post mocking autistic men and their struggles. It's a post mocking jerks who treat others like objects, things to be gotten, like crap...so on.

That's not a thing autistic men do. It's a thing as*holes do.

Huge difference.

If people actually sympathize with the original post here... that should be what's concerning.

When I think about the men who post here I don't think of the majority of them as the kinds of people who treat others horribly. I think of some of them as brilliant, some as funny, some as insightful, informative, understanding, kind, so on... there's a lot of diversity here in personalities and I'd say the majority (based on what I read here) seem to be really great and interesting people. This post is, from my perspective, not an attack on autistic men at all. I think the men on this site are much better than that.

And quite frankly, if the concern is that mocking jerks might be hurtful to people...maybe those people who feel called out by it should check their own attitudes because if you ask me, that's the actual problem. It's not okay to treat people like pieces of meat to be gotten. That has nothing to do with autistic oops moments and not being socially savvy...it has to do with basic human decency.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Apr 2023, 9:25 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
A thought: if some are concerned about people taking this thread seriously, the title could be edited to include the word “SATIRE.”
As this seems to be missed by many here, I've added "[! SATIRE !]" to the title.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 9:29 am

klanka wrote:
There are four comments on the first page of this thread mocking anyone who is insecure about their height.

I could only find 3, did you hallucinate a fourth humorous comment.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 9:34 am

I don’t think people are assuming that individuals are groomers unless evidence has been demonstrated to that effect. I’m not seeing any finger-pointing going on.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 9:44 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
I don’t think people are assuming that individuals are groomers unless evidence has been demonstrated to that effect. I’m not seeing any finger-pointing going on.

I only see a warning about looking out for grooming and asking people to report it. Nobody get's accused of it unless they are reported.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 10:05 am

Someone being concerned about their height is neither mysogyny or grooming,so why is it being mocked by four seperate people on the first page?

They're mocking a lack of understanding about women.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 10:08 am

Yeah there are three people mocking people who show desperation on the first page.
That is also something Autistic men struggle with.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 10:12 am

klanka wrote:
Someone being concerned about their height is neither mysogyny or grooming,so why is it being mocked by four seperate people on the first page?

They're mocking a lack of understanding about women.

Are you a like, broken record or something? You've said the same thing like 50 times.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 10:14 am

klanka wrote:
Yeah there are three people mocking people who show desperation on the first page.
That is also something Autistic men struggle with.

Oh my God, you have absolutely zero sense of humor. :skull: Can you go suck the life out of something else? lol

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 10:14 am

^^ FF I've warned you 60,005 times now, stop exaggerating.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 10:15 am

klanka wrote:
Mocking someone for being concerned about their height isn't protecting women.

The height comment is because women are subjected to thread after thread or post after post, suggesting we are superficial snobs who only care about men if they meet certain criteria according to statistics. We're portrayed as only liking men who are at least 6'0" even if we happen to be much shorter than that. We only like men with good jobs to be our sugar daddies because we aren't capable of supporting ourselves or if we are, we want their money anyway. The car must be a hotrod of some type. The man must have muscles and go to a gym. The list goes on. When women here have voiced their own opinion to the contrary we're often ignored because the topic of height keeps resurfacing. We've said that it's insulting to our intelligence and we've asked the men to stop perpetuating this notion that they know better what we like, but the myth continues as a way for men to prove to other men they aren't good enough. It's both misogynist and misandrist, and doesn't help anyone feel better about themselves.