What the HELL is wrong with girls?

Page 7 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 10:30 pm

There are times when I honestly can say that ironically I feel more hostility towards aspie women than NT women :P .
Some of the things that you b*****s have said on this board are Extremely provocative. If there we said to my face I'd certainly have to hold back violent urges :twisted:. I have to say that I am a very impatient and easily provoked person and
there are a number of women on WP who REALLY Love to provoke people-particularly guys because they get some strange sort of thrill from it. :?

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 10:53 pm

Maybe they don't mean to be that way. I happen to be friends with quite a few female members of this site and none of them are the kind of people that say things to start something. They are all really caring people. I've always gotten along better with females than I have with males. What can I say, I'd rather be in the presence of a nurturing, caring person that will listen to me than with someone that belches and swears constantly.

Women hardly have a chance on this forum with all the flaming put upon them.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 11:09 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
Maybe they don't mean to be that way. I happen to be friends with quite a few female members of this site and none of them are the kind of people that say things to start something. They are all really caring people. I've always gotten along better with females than I have with males. What can I say, I'd rather be in the presence of a nurturing, caring person that will listen to me than with someone that belches and swears constantly.

Women hardly have a chance on this forum with all the flaming put upon them.

Yeah. I have to say that for some reason today I am feeling particularly intense agitation and combativeness; but I WILL admit that Not all women on this forum behave in such a way towards me. What I really react the most Violently to is Sarcasm. I dont accept that saracsm is an intrinsic part of anyones personality but rather a social tactic. I think people who employ this tactic are doing so because they are insecure and feel the need to assert their intelligence.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 11:14 pm

Well, keep in mind that aspie women have it harder than anyone else, even aspie males. If they are sarcastic, it is because something has happened to make them feel threatened. I don't think it is at all that they are trying to provoke anyone. They feel vulnerable enough without being flamed for just being women.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2008, 11:24 pm

Dinko, if someone is being sarcastic, it's often as a joke and they are probably expecting you to laugh along with them rather than be insulted. However, if someone is trying to tell you the truth or give serious advice and it seems to you that they are being provocative, then it's you who is being too defensive.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 11:38 pm

D1nk0 wrote:
There are times when I honestly can say that ironically I feel more hostility towards aspie women than NT women :P .
Some of the things that you b*****s have said on this board are Extremely provocative. If there we said to my face I'd certainly have to hold back violent urges :twisted:. I have to say that I am a very impatient and easily provoked person and
there are a number of women on WP who REALLY Love to provoke people-particularly guys because they get some strange sort of thrill from it. :?
I don't think that there are many b*****s on this site, and you should treat us with respect as we do you. Believe me, if you called me a b***h in person, I would have violent urges myself.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 11:55 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
Well, keep in mind that aspie women have it harder than anyone else, even aspie males. If they are sarcastic, it is because something has happened to make them feel threatened. I don't think it is at all that they are trying to provoke anyone. They feel vulnerable enough without being flamed for just being women.

Im afraid I disagree with the first sentence Social_Fantom.The social disability that results from asperger syndrome is viewed by society as a "problem" and from Ive noticed, society treats men with problems FAR more harshly than women with problems because men are held to a much higher standard in American society than women. Asperger syndrome is called a developmental disorder in part because it makes its appearance in early childhood; but that most seems true of men who have it. Many women who were officially diagnosed with asperger syndrome recieve their diagnosis in adolescence or even adulthood. Ive always wondered why aspergers goes unnoticed in (little)girls. Ive made the ASSUMPTION that aspie women here will take me at face value and would be inclined to be more honest and direct but what really bothers me is that some of them seem to embrace the "iHateMen!" feminism and have given me sh*t just for being a MAN(like hale_bopps bitchy little pussy_ass myspace aspiebabies clique :lol: ). I honestly think that aspies who feel greater loyalty and solidarity towards their gender, sexual orientation, race, or ANY other "group" they belong to really have No Business being part of an online community for Aspies which crosses all the aforementioned group bondaries.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:02 am

D1nk0 you are the male equlilate to feminist man hater. :lol: That's a bit rich.

I agree males are worse off than females in dating because of the ratio. Also females judge males more on social skills more.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:03 am

I disagree D1nk0
Females have all these social cliches (almost everywhere), and you have to figure them out or else you're a complete reject. You also have to fact backstabbing and gossiping. This is NOT just at school, it also happens in the workplace.
Guys don't have to face that nearly as much...

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:04 am

D1nk0 wrote:
I honestly think that aspies who feel greater loyalty and solidarity towards their gender, sexual orientation, race, or ANY other "group" they belong to really have No Business being part of an online community for Aspies which crosses all the aforementioned group bondaries.
Aren't you doing the same thing?

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:07 am

What I meant was that women by nature are much more sociable than men but with the limits aspie females have placed on them, it is much harder for them to fulfill that need.

I imagine it's like when us aspie males are trying to join in a conversation but can't, only it's much worse for aspie females.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:08 am

Social_Fantom wrote:
What I meant was that women by nature are much more sociable than men but with the limits aspie females have placed on them, it is much harder for them to fulfill that need.

I imagine it's like when us aspie males are trying to join in a conversation but can't, only it's much worse for aspie females.
Imagine it with the clicks...I was so miserable in grade 7 and 8 :cry:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:15 am

ebec11 wrote:
I disagree D1nk0
Females have all these social cliches (almost everywhere), and you have to figure them out or else you're a complete reject. You also have to fact backstabbing and gossiping. This is NOT just at school, it also happens in the workplace.
Guys don't have to face that nearly as much...

I definitely second that. It happeps a lot, espeacially around other women in work places. I've had a few shares of men too.

In highschool it was extremely rough. I have to say I still don't buy that all aspie men have it worse there are things that aspie women have to put up with as well.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 12:16 am

D1nk0 wrote:
Im afraid I disagree with the first sentence Social_Fantom.The social disability that results from asperger syndrome is viewed by society as a "problem" and from Ive noticed, society treats men with problems FAR more harshly than women with problems because men are held to a much higher standard in American society than women. Asperger syndrome is called a developmental disorder in part because it makes its appearance in early childhood; but that most seems true of men who have it. Many women who were officially diagnosed with asperger syndrome recieve their diagnosis in adolescence or even adulthood. Ive always wondered why aspergers goes unnoticed in (little)girls. Ive made the ASSUMPTION that aspie women here will take me at face value and would be inclined to be more honest and direct but what really bothers me is that some of them seem to embrace the "iHateMen!" feminism and have given me sh*t just for being a MAN(like hale_bopps bitchy little pussy_ass myspace aspiebabies clique :lol: ). I honestly think that aspies who feel greater loyalty and solidarity towards their gender, sexual orientation, race, or ANY other "group" they belong to really have No Business being part of an online community for Aspies which crosses all the aforementioned group bondaries.

Don't overgeneralize or insult people. Doing that you only make matters worse.

When you say "men are held to a much higher standard in American society than women", you are failing to see the big picture. You know that women think differently from men, and they have different roles in society. These mean that there are qualitative differences in what standards people are held to. Women aren't holding men to a higher standard, because, excluding homosexuals, people of either gender tend to pair up one-to-one. You forget about what other standards women are held to. Think about how they have the challenge of being attractive looking, while looks in men are hardly important. And getting a relationship isn't easier for them just because they have the passive role. It has to do with the way they think. My sister told me once, matter-of-factly, "girls are shy", and I hadn't realized that before. And they think more in terms of emotions and relationships, while we think in more of a straight line. That means that they don't consciously see every interaction with someone as a situation with a goal that must be worked toward. Much of their emotional motivations are unconscious, but that doesn't mean that they are invalid.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 12:22 am

Social_Fantom wrote:

There is an exception. If an aspie female is also attractive, then she can get away with not being good at conversation. Maybe she talks a lot, rambling about her clothing or other obsession, or she doesn't talk much but is willing to listen. She gets the attention and respect regardless.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:23 am

ebec11 wrote:
I don't think that there are many b*****s on this site, and you should treat us with respect as we do you. Believe me, if you called me a b***h in person, I would have violent urges myself.

I Never called you a b***h personally but speaking of violent urges are you insinuating you wanna pick a fight? If you do then Damnit I'll Fight'cha! :twisted: I wasnt being all-inclusive and saying that EVERY female here is a b***h but I WAS saying that there Are a number of them who I have issues with. I have NO idea what its like to be an aspie woman and I DO admit that I am doing the same kind of thing here with being Male because other members are doing it with being Female. Its like: if they do it I'll do it. Sadly, IRL Ive gotten a lot more sh*t from NT women than from NT men which does fuel my greater reactivity to what women say to me personally :? .