never thought i'd ever have this problem

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 5:29 pm

ok here's the senerio

i met a guy on wow we became great friends over time, then i find out after a while he liked me.

i liked him for a short time fell in love puked and got back to my senses, ok.

now everytime he comes on msn he hits on me and hate that, i'd like to tell him to back off but i might ruin our friendship.

so then i told him i'd much rather be with xemnas [if only that was possible], but basicly i'm just to far into the fantasy to deal with real life hence the puking part.

so he has backed off a little bit but not enough.

i need help with this sorry if this is in the wrong area.

but anyway xemnas is getting mad and so i'm getting mad.

Granite
Raven
Raven

02 Sep 2009, 6:23 pm

You are going to have to tell this man that you are not interested in him romantically, never will be interested in romantically and to cease and desist hitting on you.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 8:42 pm

If you ask someone to quit hitting on you, and they don't, then they aren't your friend. He was flattered when you were goofy in love, and wants that attention back. He might be angry you have moved on and really doesn't care that much about the friendship.

that is why they have blocks and ignores online.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 10:04 pm

i had a feeling it would come to that, i'll have to sleep on this decision though.

i'm not sure how to block on my cellphone though.

and i haven't told him to stop persay, i just told him i liked xemnas more. basicly at least.

i'm not very blunt like i used to be. i have a very hard time speaking my mind.

also another variable is he got divorced and has threatened to take his life, if i block him he may do so and i don't want that on my mind everyday.

but there are lots of things he says to me that get me a bit ruffled.

like wanting to see me naked and other stuff that i'm generaly not willing to do or talk about.

he also keeps on trying to get me out of my shell, like a kid tapping on a turtle's shell. the only thing he is doing is making me withdraw further. i'm getting to the point where i may need more pills to stop the dominating story i have, and i don't want to go there.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 7:15 am

Jetfox wrote:
also another variable is he got divorced and has threatened to take his life, if i block him he may do so and i don't want that on my mind everyday. .

oh, dear! that is unconscionable for him to do that. Surely you can see how unfair that is to you that he make his behaviour your fault? His divorce, his mental state, his pestering you to the point that you might take the pills you don't want to?

at some point, you have to care more about yourself than you do about him and his attempts to dominate and control you. I am sure you see this, too. I am glad you are here, Jetfox.

Granite
Raven
Raven

03 Sep 2009, 7:20 am

Jetfox wrote:

also another variable is he got divorced and has threatened to take his life,

If someone has threatened to take his life then you need to tell that person to go get professional help. This man is more than you can handle.

Quote:

like wanting to see me naked and other stuff that i'm generaly not willing to do or talk about.

He's sexually harassing you. Tell him you won't tolerate it.

Quote:
he also keeps on trying to get me out of my shell, like a kid tapping on a turtle's shell. the only thing he is doing is making me withdraw further. i'm getting to the point where i may need more pills to stop the dominating story i have, and i don't want to go there.

If this guy is causing you anxiety then he is doing damage to you. I wouldn't hesitate to block him.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 12:19 pm

ok i talked with my parents about it i shut down msn messenger and we are considering having my cell number changed.

i guess i should remember to watch out for myself, there are times i have a hard time rembering that.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 10:44 pm

Jetfox wrote:
ok i talked with my parents about it i shut down msn messenger and we are considering having my cell number changed.

i guess i should remember to watch out for myself, there are times i have a hard time rembering that.

how cool you have parents you can go to that listen and help. How so ever cool!
you will do great, you have a level head and can reason - you have a bright future ahead!