Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2006, 9:39 pm

I've been making eye contact with girls lately and I've noticed when I make eye contact and I am not smiling, that a few girls smile back and even blush. For instance I was walking down a street of a small town I was visiting and I making eye contact with a girl and I was not smiling and she gave a huge grin of smile back at me.

I want to know what is exactly happening here.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 4:29 am

Unless I saw her grin myself, it would be very hard to guess what she meant. My guess is she is doing what you are and smiling at a guy that she likes. The only recommendation is to learn more about body language, if you have not done so already, and keep at it but with some smiles in return.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 3:14 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Unless I saw her grin myself, it would be very hard to guess what she meant. My guess is she is doing what you are and smiling at a guy that she likes. The only recommendation is to learn more about body language, if you have not done so already, and keep at it but with some smiles in return.

Thanks for the advice.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 3:29 pm

They noticed you had a bit of brocolli caught between your front teeth

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 4:13 pm

Laz wrote:

I don't know if this is meant to be funny, but we have a policy against attacks and this comes close to being one. So a little more tact would be appreciated.

- Pyraxis (as mod)

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 4:24 pm

Quote:
I don't know if this is meant to be funny

I was making a point. Once again someone reading what they want to read in my posts.

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 4:33 pm

And that's why I was asking for clarification. This isn't an official warning. But members have been complaining that they don't know what does and doesn't count as an attack, so I want to make it clearer by letting people know what's close to the line.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 4:43 pm

Well now your are asking for clarifcation. How about you wait for the author of the thread to respond and see if he interprets me in that light rather then jump to assumptions?

You don't get paid a wage to be a mod Pyraxis, calm down no ones giving you brownie points that are going on your cv.

If you as moderators are debating this issue why not form a seperate thread and beforehand form a basica and vague guidelines on which to fall back on and build on for all moderators rather then personal judgement

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 4:55 pm

pyraxis wrote:
Laz wrote:
I don't know if this is meant to be funny, but we have a policy against attacks and this comes close to being one. So a little more tact would be appreciated.

It might have been funny (in which case an emoticon would help), or it could have been an honest idea of why someone would smile at you for no apparent reason. A bit more information inside the post would save us a lot of discussion about the post. I really don't see it as an attack, though.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 5:56 pm

Laz maybe you were trying to prove a point, however you could have used a little more tact:

their could have many reasons why this girl was smiling at newchum: You decided to point out one of the worst possible scenarios that the girl is actually laughing at him.

Quote:

Jetson is right if you added an emoticon to it, it would have been taken as a joke, but without the emoticon it kind of looks an attack or an insult.

you have to be careful how you word things online laz, it's very easy for someone to misinterpret what you say.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 5:05 am

I think what Laz said was lighthearted and funny.

I don't see how in any way anyone could ever get offended by that. :?

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 5:22 am

newchum wrote:
I want to know what is exactly happening here.
It does depend on the type of smile they are giving you, sometimes they may be doing it simply because it's polite and because you were looking at them, other times it may mean more. If they're blushing then chances are it's because you're looking at them or they like the look of you or something like that. Some girls are also quick to blush for not all of the reasons you'd automatically assume (I know because I blush all the time when I have no real reason to blush). You'd probably need to do what Aspie_Chav suggested and look further into the body language their using and also the body language you're suggesting to them.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 11:00 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I think what Laz said was lighthearted and funny.

I don't see how in any way anyone could ever get offended by that. :?

the way it was written though some people may not take it that way