Valentine's Day is coming around again and...

Page 1 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

JP88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Feb 2010, 11:59 pm

I will be as miserable as ever as I've never had a friend that's a girl, a friend, not a girlfriend, a friend. I feel like I am slipping into a bad way as I just keep eating and eating. I know I have a problem but when you constantly grab another Bagel and then leftovers from dinner without even thinking about it what do you do? I think I've gained 20 lbs. since Thanksgiving and I am now out of shape.

I'm just sick of feeling like I am inferior to girls and I have no idea how to talk to them...How do lonely guys cope with not having someone in their life come Valentine's Day...I just hurt so much right now, especially when I see all the love on Valentine's Day going on and I can't experience it.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:02 am

f**k valentine's day.

I never had one with anyone so don't feel alone.

It's just one of those days created as an excuse to buy crap for someone you think you're in love with.

But I still hope you don't look at life as miserable as you do. I don't think it's too bad being single then again, our culture makes it seem so.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 02 Feb 2010, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:16 am

I am just focused on the candy. For me, V-Day is a dress rehearsal for Easter (my favorite candy holiday).

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:18 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I am just focused on the candy. For me, V-Day is a dress rehearsal for Easter (my favorite candy holiday).

LOL, that's also a good excuse for Valentines Day.

Just go for the candy and wine and dine with yourself.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:19 am

I heard St. Valentine used to write love letters to a 9 year old girl he had an infatuation with while he was in prison. It was the warden's daughter.

JP88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Feb 2010, 12:23 am

I don't care if I have an actual girlfriend but I'm sick of feeling lonely, I try so hard but I just don't know how to do it and I have no confidence, no self-esteem, and no social skills (because I feel like I'm a undiagnosed aspie) and I have lost motivation to do everything

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:27 am

Before that it started as an ancient roman pagan tradition.

Men would put their names in a box and girls would pick the names. Then which ever name was picked, the girl would sleep with the guy who's name was chosen for a whole day.

The christians decided to change it to celebrate the St. Valentine. So instead of picking cards up for sex, they picked up cards of what the saint would've done and then incorporate the very acts the saint did into their day.

Meh...christians always ruin the fun.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:29 am

JP88 wrote:
I don't care if I have an actual girlfriend but I'm sick of feeling lonely, I try so hard but I just don't know how to do it and I have no confidence, no self-esteem, and no social skills (because I feel like I'm a undiagnosed aspie) and I have lost motivation to do everything

Yeah I kind of know what you mean.

I really wish there was something I could say that would cheer you up. I know it must be tough. I'm dealing with the same thing myself and I don't think there's any real good answers for these things as long as I've been here.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:37 am

Valentine's day is a pretty senseless holiday and if I had a girlfriend, I might ask her what she thinks of it with a view to not do anything special on that day (unlike more personally relevant dates such as the anniversary of our first date or something). So it doesn't really bother me being single on Valentine's day much more than any other day.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:44 am

JP88 wrote:
I will be as miserable as ever as I've never had a friend that's a girl, a friend, not a girlfriend, a friend. I feel like I am slipping into a bad way as I just keep eating and eating. I know I have a problem but when you constantly grab another Bagel and then leftovers from dinner without even thinking about it what do you do? I think I've gained 20 lbs. since Thanksgiving and I am now out of shape.

You'd better work on this, though. If you've been living a sedentary lifestyle, go out walking for an hour and a half each day. It's not too difficult, just bring some music or something. Find something to do to give your life purpose and eat until you're no longer hungry rather than until you're stuffed, and don't eat late night snacks.

Many guys have trouble being close friends with women due to sexual tension, even if they're not particularly love-shy. Expand your social circles by joining clubs and societies at least until the amount of women you know on comfortable speaking terms that you find dateable is in double figures and then you'll be in a better position.

JP88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Feb 2010, 12:57 am

Hector wrote:
Many guys have trouble being close friends with women due to sexual tension, even if they're not particularly love-shy. Expand your social circles by joining clubs and societies at least until the amount of women you know on comfortable speaking terms that you find dateable is in double figures and then you'll be in a better position.

That's the problem...I do things, I go to the gym, and I'm on the bowling team but I just don't know how to converse with a girl...I know a lot of people on here know how frustrating and determential it can be...but lately I've opened up to my parents and my family sees the wreck I am and I feel so ashamed to face them because I know they are dissapointed with me and it really just gets my upset...I've been listening to sad songs like "Never Too Late" and have been breaking down listening to it...I've even gone as far as to write my own song of how I feel...

Here it is...

"Mystery"

I'm lost in this sea of humanity
Cold and dark
I'm to blind to see
Why nothing ever turns out right for me
Why things aren't what they seem to be
I'm lost in this world can you help find me

And no one understands me
I'm left alone to fend for myself
Sick and tired of waiting
For someone to figure me out

My vision is blurry
I can not see
The light at the end of the tunnel
The future doesn't look bright for me
Still I'm left to struggle
I'm lost in this world can you help find me

In this world so cold and dark
I fail to see what brings me apart
Hard to see why no one gets me
I must be a mystery

Dreams of a better day
When life feels so fulfilling
Will it ever change
I want to find a way

Losing the faith in me
When someday will come for me
I'm lost in this world
Can you help find me

In this world so cold and dark
I fail to see what brings me apart
I must be a mystery

I must be a mystery
I must be a mystery

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 1:54 am

I don't understand why people even care about valentines day. I've never had anyone special on valentines day all my life, and even if I did, it wouldn't mean sh*t.. just another day.

I was wondering when yet another valentines day thread would turn up this year.

It sucks not having anyone in general if you want them, but please don't let something stupid like valentines day get you down... I mean is it really that important?

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 3:18 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I don't understand why people even care about valentines day. I've never had anyone special on valentines day all my life, and even if I did, it wouldn't mean sh*t.. just another day.

It sucks not having anyone in general if you want them, but please don't let something stupid like valentines day get you down... I mean is it really that important?

It is to our corporate overlords... god knows how much companies like hershey and hallmark make on valentines day

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 3:19 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

It is to our corporate overlords... god knows how much companies like hershey and hallmark make on valentines day

hahah, nice, right on the button :wink:

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 4:08 am

You could always celebrate Singles Awareness Day (SAD) on that day if you want.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 4:26 am

My Friend. I feel for you. I will be wearing black,
on this, The Day Of Doom.

I wish you to find peace and comfort on The
Day Of Doom, in spite of its darkness.

I wear black for you, on this 14 Feb,
The Day Of Doom.

May your soul find peace.

JP88 wrote:

I'm just sick of feeling like I am inferior to girls and I have no idea how to talk to them...How do lonely guys cope with not having someone in their life come Valentine's Day...I just hurt so much right now, especially when I see all the love on Valentine's Day going on and I can't experience it.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.