Girls - Are You A Tinderella But Just Don't Know It?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 9:46 pm

STAY AWAY FROM TINDER!

Tinder and the Dawn of the “Dating Apocalypse”

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/ ... -of-dating

From the article :

“Guys view everything as a competition,” he elaborates with his deep, reassuring voice. “Who’s slept with the best, hottest girls?” With these dating apps, he says, “you’re always sort of prowling. You could talk to two or three girls at a bar and pick the best one, or you can swipe a couple hundred people a day—the sample size is so much larger. It’s setting up two or three Tinder dates a week and, chances are, sleeping with all of them, so you could rack up 100 girls you’ve slept with in a year. He says that he himself has slept with five different women he met on Tinder—“Tinderellas,” the guys call them—in the last eight days."

I sure hope Eharmony isn't like that. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 5:36 pm

Dating sites were horror shows from the get-go, I think. I've never used Tinder, but I've always sensed quite a bit of "plate spinning" just from talking to men online. They'll forget little details about you that you told them quite recently; they can't keep all the women they're chatting to straight.

People don't communicate well and I agree some rely on paranoid sets of "rules" like teenagers, and are commitment-phobic. It's not healthy, but I think a lot of people lack deep, mutual connections, either platonic or romantic (even family) in this day and age and try to cover it up.

I think some of these are similar to people playing videogames for 16 hours a day to drown out real-life. Keep yourself distracted in the short-term with a constant stream of pleasure and novelty.

I noticed on one site that the norm was to say you're looking for friends, looking to hang out, looking to chat, etc, when it was very clear from reading further that it was for dating and hooking up.

There's really no consequences for being cruel. You can forget a woman's name a day after she tells it to you, lie to her and get caught, even just send her insults based on her race, age, weight, or anything else, and nothing's going to happen. There's thousands more at your fingertips and you'll never have to face her.

Hooking up isn't necessarily a bad thing, but hookup culture itself is poisonous. I consider myself very open-minded about sex. I wouldn't mind something like swinging (sharing selectively with other couples), but I wouldn't touch Tinder with someone else's phone.