Socially inept, desperate guy, from a woman's perspective

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 3:24 pm

I'm keeping this intentionally vague because I don't want to betray someone's trust with too many details...

Backstory: I'm dating a beautiful foreign-born lady (this will become relevant later...). She's very fit and very cute, and so honest and nice. I'm very very lucky. :)

Before we met, she went out a few times with a guy who turned out to be a complete creep. I know this because this guy won't let go. He's still calling her and sending her weird e-mails.

He seemed nice at first. Alarm bells started ringing for her when the two of them were out walking and he pointed at another woman and said: "You see that thing? That's what I'd be dating if my standards weren't so high."

OMG! Who says that?! 8O

I forget all his other comments which she told me about, because they were so shocking. They were more of the same: he objectified women, he was just looking for a trophy... someone to fill a void in his life, without knowing what makes a relationship work, or how to reciprocate, or even how to interact with other people on a most basic level. He was in his 30s... so not a kid.

'How can he not know these things' - was her question. I thought about this forum when she said that.

When she told him that she wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship and he just exploded into rage. He cursed and told her that she was just like all the American women and how 'they did this to him'. 8O His response was disproportional to the time they dated. It was only a week, and he acted like a hurt husband when she told him it wasn't going anywhere.

He's getting close to full stalker mode. So now the police need to be involved and the courts. Oy, it is a big mess and I'm trying my best to help and to make sure she isn't affected by the emotional trauma.

Guys... learn from this and don't be this guy. Okay?

NO MEANS NO. Let it go.

DON'T ACT and pretend you are something you are not. Be yourself from the get-go.

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 3:32 pm

You've not given us a lot of details but it does sound like this guy has a personality disorder, probably Narcissistic or Borderline. My first guess is Borderline, but having dealt with that before I tend to think of it first.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 4:06 pm

Dilbert wrote:
He seemed nice at first. Alarm bells started ringing for her when the two of them were out walking and he pointed at another woman and said: "You see that thing? That's what I'd be dating if my standards weren't so high."

Disgusting comment

Quote:
I forget all his other comments which she told me about, because they were so shocking. They were more of the same: he objectified women, he was just looking for a trophy... someone to fill a void in his life, without knowing what makes a relationship work, or how to reciprocate, or even how to interact with other people on a most basic level. He was in his 30s... so not a kid.

'How can he not know these things' - was her question. I thought about this forum when she said that.

When she told him that she wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship and he just exploded into rage. He cursed and told her that she was just like all the American women and how 'they did this to him'. 8O His response was disproportional to the time they dated. It was only a week, and he acted like a hurt husband when she told him it wasn't going anywhere.

He's getting close to full stalker mode. So now the police need to be involved and the courts. Oy, it is a big mess and I'm trying my best to help and to make sure she isn't affected by the emotional trauma.

NO MEANS NO. Let it go.

DON'T ACT and pretend you are something you are not. Be yourself from the get-go.

I agree. Recently a very similar person (aspergers too, and something else obviously a lot worse) has been harassing me and i've had to speak to the police. Rejection is part of life and it happens to everyone. These "men" seem to think its always someone elses fault and that they are a poor baby. Sop stories don't work with me, if you harass someone, the last thing they're going to do is feel sorry for you.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 4:25 pm

Yuck. Funny and stupid how guys flip out over what amounts to the pursuit of tail...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 4:32 pm

RICKY5 wrote:
Yuck. Funny and stupid how guys flip out over what amounts to the pursuit of tail...

Sadly to say it gives other normal aspie guys a bad name. After women have had experience with these sort of men who have aspergers, you're always defensive of other men in case they act the same - threaten you and make you feel unsafe because of a romantic rejection.

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jun 2010, 6:16 pm

Lol whut?

This story sounds made up. But maybe it's just because this guy is so over-the-top, and he just sounds too stereotypical.

Okay, so the only question was "How can he not know these things?".

I don't think its a matter of him not knowing, its that he's full of himself and doesn't care. When I was more young and naive I'd wonder similar things. I'd see someone who is very bright but inconsiderate and mean, and be puzzled. I learned that some people just want to be a-holes, apparently they get something out of it.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 6:24 pm

Dilbert wrote:
he objectified women, he was just looking for a trophy... someone to fill a void in his life, without knowing what makes a relationship work, or how to reciprocate, or even how to interact with other people on a most basic level. He was in his 30s... so not a kid.
The problem starts with the objectification of a woman as a trophy. This kind of man sees the woman as a possession to have instead of a person to care about. His ownership mentality is usually learned from growing up in an abusive environment, without other role models to follow. It is not an NT or AS problem, it is a problem of society not teaching young men proper respect for women.

He may be in his 30's, but he still acts like a punk that someones father or brother needs to take behind the woodshed. I have chased off a few men like that from my daughter and from some female friends. I feel bad for your friend, Hale_Bopp, and the other women that run into guys like that.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 6:26 pm

BlueMage wrote:
Lol whut?

This story sounds made up. But maybe it's just because this guy is so over-the-top, and he just sounds too stereotypical.

Okay, so the only question was "How can he not know these things?".

I don't think its a matter of him not knowing, its that he's full of himself and doesn't care. When I was more young and naive I'd wonder similar things. I'd see someone who is very bright but inconsiderate and mean, and be puzzled. I learned that some people just want to be a-holes, apparently they get something out of it.

Sometimes they are a bit deluded and messed up in the head though - not intentional a***holes.

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 6:43 pm

Dilbert wrote:
I'm keeping this intentionally vague because I don't want to betray someone's trust with too many details...

Backstory: I'm dating a beautiful foreign-born lady (this will become relevant later...). She's very fit and very cute, and so honest and nice. I'm very very lucky. :)

Before we met, she went out a few times with a guy who turned out to be a complete creep. I know this because this guy won't let go. He's still calling her and sending her weird e-mails.

OMG! Who says that?! 8O

NO MEANS NO. Let it go.

You do realise none of the guys on here are like that right? You really need to stop talking down to people as if you have all of the answers.

That story also sounds like it might have been twisted and exagerated.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 6:48 pm

Daemonic-Jackal wrote:
You do realise none of the guys on here are like that right?

Wrong. That's all i'm going to say, if you want to know more PM me

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 6:49 pm

Why are you defensive D-J? ;)

When did I talk down to someone? I tend to criticize the clueless men here who keep complaining but do nothing to rectify their situation. They deserve to be criticized, and I'm not the only one doing it.

The story is in no way exaggerated. It is in fact worse than I made it appear. The police are involved after all, and they wouldn't be unless this was a serious matter. I don't want to give too many details. Google will keep all this for eternity.

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 6:54 pm

Dilbert wrote:
Why are you defensive D-J? ;)
When did I talk down to someone? I tend to criticize the clueless men here who keep complaining but do nothing to rectify their situation. They deserve to be criticized, and I'm not the only one doing it.

Maybe it has something to do with you being a complete tool and calling me a toddler in a previous thread. :evil:

I don't think the clueless men you speak of on here are actually clueless, I just don't think they are trying hard enough to help themselves, there is a difference.

Also not everyone on here is clueless (as you put it) if you want to give someone advice why not pm those individuals instead of making a thread which is basically addresssed to all of us like a headmaster giving everyone a ticking off at school just because of a small minority.

That is all.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

Last edited by Daemonic-Jackal on 25 Jun 2010, 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 7:56 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Daemonic-Jackal wrote:

Wrong. That's all i'm going to say

Sometimes they are a bit deluded and messed up in the head though - not intentional a***holes.
They are everywhere because their families, friends, and most importantly the girlfriends families, did not teach them that women are not possessions. Being unintentional does not change what it is, or the cure.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 8:05 pm

Mudboy wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Daemonic-Jackal wrote:

Wrong. That's all i'm going to say

They are everywhere because their families, friends, and most importantly the girlfriends families, did not teach them that women are not possessions. Being unintentional does not change what it is, or the cure.

I don't think its an excuse if its unintentional. But the people i'm talking about are messed in the head. They think the world should change to suit them. They expect everyone they ask to want to be their girlfriend, again, for no valid reason. Of course they flip out when someone gives them the brush off, and the reason for this is the fact you've brought them down to earth and popped their dillusional bubble that people just aren't interested in them.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 8:58 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I don't think its an excuse if its unintentional. But the people i'm talking about are messed in the head. They think the world should change to suit them. They expect everyone they ask to want to be their girlfriend, again, for no valid reason. Of course they flip out when someone gives them the brush off, and the reason for this is the fact you've brought them down to earth and popped their dillusional bubble that people just aren't interested in them.

That's the way I was when I was a kid. I thought that anyone i asked was supposed to accept, because, after all, I was the s**t (aka I was a really huge narcissist back then). All it took was one well placed rejection to pop the ego bubble and give me the realistic outlook on my possibilities that I have now. Yeah I suffered a lot because of it. But I got over it eventually. Other guys can too, at least if they stop projecting their own anger outwards on the woman in question, and realize that the fault lies with them, as I eventually did...

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 9:28 pm

haha even the obsessive compulsive stalker types (and I was unaware of any until one kid I knew killed himself and his girlfriend a few years out of high school) didn't want anything to do with me. :P