Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2010, 6:51 pm

I noticed I seem to mainly be attracted to older women. I heard this is common for guys with aspergers wonder why?

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:08 pm

I have no idea whether this is common with young men with Aspergers. Maybe older women are not as into the silly games of youth and appreciate a more intellectual, clear and logical Aspie guy.

In any event, as an almost 40 year old - it is nice that we are considered attractive. :D

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:51 pm

It's very common to be attracted to older women. When I was 14 and my hormones were going crazy, I found some women in their 40's to be attractive and still do. For the most part I prefer older girls who are in their mid to late 20's. Right now I'm way too young for them(since most times, women want men who are older then them and not younger ones) but that doesn't change the fact that I find them appealing.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

alex
Developer
Developer

05 Jun 2010, 7:55 pm

how much older?

I wouldn't consider a girl who's 1 year older than you an "older woman" but some people might.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 8:11 pm

Me too. In a big way. Anything from ladies in their thirties to chubby ladies in their forties to out-and-out obese grandmothers (sometimes!) to anything in between.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 8:19 pm

I wouldn't mind up to 8 years older myself. I consider my range right now to be 18-30...

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 10:09 pm

Huh, I guess I'm an older woman. Go figure. I don't feel like it. Ah well. I think there's a plateau of physical beauty in a woman's 30s. I definitely feel more confident and sexy than I ever did in my 20s.

The most beautiful woman I've ever known is about 20 years older than me and proves that how you age is largely a matter of choice. She is always the sexiest woman in the room, even in her 50s.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

06 Jun 2010, 1:59 am

Older women usually seem to be more mature, direct & honest about things. I find I have a very hard time relating to women my age because they are obsessed with partying, being popular & materialistic things. I've had some crushes on older women but nothing happened & when I talked others about it; they generally thought I was crazy because they felt guys are only supposed to like younger women & I see lots of women chasing older guys but very seldom hear about older women liking younger men. I like younger women as well thou & in some ways think I would have a better chance with em sense women usually go for older guys

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

WoundedDog
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2010, 2:51 am

I can see the appeal of an older woman to a person with AS. I'd assume there's a lower likelihood of the dodgy social games younger people (guys too) tend to play. Although, my experience with an older woman seems to contradict this.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 10:38 am

A word and an acronym: Cougar and MILF. There was part of a Family Guy episode this year about this.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 4:10 pm

I've always found it easier to talk to people older than my own age. They just have more life experience, which I can learn a bit from. Plus they are more interested in issues and topics a normal gal in the mid 20s isn't.

Though in my case, I had to shoot down a 42 year old recently. The age gap was a LOT, plus five kids severely hurt her case.

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2010, 5:31 pm

I love older women. They are less of a headache and I feel I can more often than with my peers talk to them about my interests, such as literature. My distaste for our party/alcohol culture is probably also a factor.

I find women 3-5 years my senior seem to have their life path sorted out, know what they want, don't play as many games, and are already past their quarter life crisis.

I am just careful with women reaching or in their 30s, as they may be looking for a husband or to have a child.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2010, 9:15 pm

I'd ultimately like to hook up with someone around my own age, but I don't mind a cougar now and then, especially if she's hot enough and has money.

Plywood
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jun 2010, 1:23 pm

I like older women but I didn't think it had anything to do with Aspergers syndrome.

CMaximus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jun 2010, 6:28 pm

Probably because the lady's more confident. There's also the "nurture" thing, seeing as many of us are quite young for our age in many ways.

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 12:04 am

It really depends on your age. When you're in your twenties and have aspirers, you have little connection to females of that age group. You're more mature/quiet/desperate/attentive/whatever. Point is you have better lick with older women (7-8 years was my range in my 20's). Grow older and the typical age gap between you and women begin to shrink. 33-35 was about equal for me.