Ever felt obsessed with someone?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 4:36 pm

It's not an advice but it's more of a question but yea, do you ever feel when you really like someone so much, you literally feel so obsessed with the person?

This happens to me on occasions but only this time, it's literally so bad that I actually even had my relationship ended recently because of it. :(
So I'm not pleased but what put me by surprise was that, the girl who I was obsessed with, felt the same way too and it literally shocked me by surprise.

Now I'm literally obsessed, but never mind this....

Have you ever felt anything like how I felt above?

- SBI.

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2010, 5:40 pm

Yes >_<! !! !! !

I'm trying to control it and not being overly smothering........................................... but I have an obsessive personality (kinda goes hand in hand with AS), so rather hard to deal with...

...my entire family is rather obsessive too >_<! !! !

My brother got REALLY O________O obsessed with his girlfriend... and she was same way (or well, enjoyed being center of that attention).... like *REALLY* obsessive... at least mines being managed (and noone irl knows about it... *veryverygoodathidingit*... I just wanna spazz out though whenever I think of him... spazz in the sense that I jump up and down flapping my arms and roll around in ball on floor because can't contain it....)...

My brother would be like... talking to his gf ALL THE TIME. When I say *ALL THE TIME* I mean litterally all the time... he's fixing his car and has his laptop on in the trunk on skype while he's installing the stereo talking to her.... he goes to take a shower and laptop comes w/ skype on... I honestly don't even want to know. But you literally wouldn't see him for more than 5 mins w/o cellphone or skyping to her...

I come home for Christmas break, brother picks me up on Tuesday... he came home Monday night... Wednesday morning he can't take it anymore and has to drive up to Boston to go visit his gf... only one and a half days away.... so off we go, driving 5 hours so we can visit his gf.... go to pittsburgh on thursday, come back on tuesday... back to boston! almost a week without her!! !! !! ! Then she comes back down with him and stays for a week...

*points up* thats true obsession...

For me, its not eve an obsession in comparison! (thankfully), but I know I am obsessing, and try to control it...

I'll be on my own, chatting on aim with the guy I like... and just have an almost uncontrollable urge to flail about... saw in womens section that women w/ AS tend to wave arms about and stuff when happy... definitely me O_O

Image <--- basically get like that (or worse... yes, rolling on floor does happen...) when get happy haha (I'm girl in green, haha)

I was actually over at his house, and he said something, and brain shorted out... spazzed... kicked my legs uncontrollably and knocked over my drink all over his brand new couch >_<! !! !! !! !! ! Time before that was sitting at his dinner table, and couldn't help it and spazz-wiggled too much... and broke his chair... then 5 mins later happened to next chair >_<! !! !! !! *cantcontrolit!* Hahaha

But back to you... some girls like it, and you said she's just as obsessive, so good! I know my brother and gf were obsessive about each other (she wasnt really obsessive about him I don't think, just needed to have attention... which worked for my brother, unfortunatly she cheated on him and was vindicitive... so not so good >.<;;;; but if that stuff didnt happen, they were awefully happy together haha)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 5:56 pm

Sure have.

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 6:09 pm

Unfortunately. It has nothing to do with longing to have a romantic and/or sexual involvement, it's just basically a desire to know what makes someone tick and to be near to them (though safely outside touching distance).
My last obsession lated for 8 years during the last 5 of which the person wasn't even in the same country with me and we had not any kind of contact whatsoever. I feel pretty recovered at the moment though I am sure that if I see them, I'd be spiralling down on my obsession within munites. That's why I don't attempt any contact or ever visit the persons' Facebook account. I am truly spooked of the effect this might have on me.

poppyfields
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2010, 6:13 pm

Yes, in high school. One girl who I ate lunch with got really annoyed at me for talking about him all the time (we weren't really friends, more like the friend of a friend of a friend). I would always try to sneak his name into conversation hoping no one would notice but they always did ha :p

sinsyokka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 6:23 pm

Wow Ian, you seriously are in luck, I think your better off with that girl than the one you had before tbh.

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2010, 6:41 pm

When my first gf broke up with me I cried for almost 34 hours and nearly dehydrated you tell me.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'"-George Carlin

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

10 Oct 2010, 8:37 pm

I was completely obsessed with the one girl I had a relationship with & it was one of the rezones the relationship fell apart. That was 7 years ago & I am still kind of obsessed/hung-up about it but I'm getting better

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 11:45 pm

yes, i am obsessive, with both relationships and friendships. an awareness of my tendency really helped me to curb it to a small degree, but most importantly i hide it better than i did when i was a youngster. practice helped.

Tick-Tock
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2010, 11:59 pm

Yes, all the time. Since I'm always too scared to approach the other person I try hard to not let it turn into stalking, though..

willa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 12:36 am

Severus wrote:
Unfortunately. It has nothing to do with longing to have a romantic and/or sexual involvement, it's just basically a desire to know what makes someone tick and to be near to them (though safely outside touching distance).

Pretty spot on with me. Really just happened recently for first time, feeling a true obsession with a person. Not someone romantically involved with or any sort of real passionate feelings or desire for, just a good friend.

Wonder if anyone is similar in this manner though. Mine was with a friend I had regular contact with then due to job/scheduling change just slowly lost contact, and that triggered it. Though I guess cause there wasnt any kind of romantic thing it was short luckily short lived.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 12:42 am

I get a little obsessed whenever a good looking woman shows some interest in me. It happened three times in the last 12 months. The three girls were incredibly gorgeous and, even though I spent some weeks thinking about them, I never mustered up courage to even ask their names (one of them actually told me her name, but I couldn't keep a conversation with her :cry: ).

Fortunately, there's still hope for me to do the right thing this time. The third possible love interest, a really beautiful brunette with what is probably the best looking ass I've ever seen, is a customer at the grocery store I work at. The first time I've seen her, she didn't stop smiling at me. The second time, a coworker said she wouldn't stop looking at me (I was too embarassed and would only glance furtively at her direction, since she was with her mother). When (and if) the third time arrives, I'll have to ask her phone number. I probably won't have the guts, but I'm obsessing about it right now.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 1:21 am

"Obsess" is such a strong word.

I do tend to fixate on things which interest me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

11 Oct 2010, 1:41 am

Is there a word that's stronger than obsession :?: My obsession rite now is Miranda Cosgrove; it's very very strong attraction/special interest fantasy but it's NOT harmful. With my ex it was very harmful; I was kinda stalkerish, I could barely sleep, barely eat, having anxiety attacks & I lost the ability to function & do things I needed to do

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 3:57 am

Yeah. All but one obsession (with whom I ended up dating) was without the other person knowing. That one exception made me realise obsession is dangerous for me, the romantic kind, the non-romantic/emotional kind, it doesn't matter. It always ends up with me going down a dark path and having some sort of crisis. Obsession overrules your logic and rationality, hence making you miss opportunities to escape from a worsening situation relationship wise.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 4:56 am

I think I initially become intrguied by someone, its usually the way they convey themselves or articulate their expressions. Then the intrigue becomes a fascination and the fascination becomes more hypnotic. When I was younger this would be people I was attracted too but as i've got older I find what triggers this processes is what the other person says and does not how they look like or whether I am attracted to them. So I guess it is an extension of my curious nature, also I just find unorthodox, excentric characters are more stimulating to converse too and enrich my perspective on life.