Anybody else shun their own race/culture?

Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

VincenzoLuviner
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Oct 2010, 10:51 pm

I'm a 22 year old white virgin but I refuse to mess around with a female who isn't black and attractive, I adopted black culture so I've sworn off white women for a plethora of reasons, unfortunately I'm in the Seattle area so I'm pretty screwed, trying to get my ass to Atlanta as soon as I can, probably won't be able to swing it.

Anybody else having an obsession/fetish/serial type that makes life more difficult. It's pretty freaking discouraging to be either inferior or odd at everything in life.

I wish I was just a normal Seattle white boy drooling over Asian and white chicks, being an Atheist with black people doesn't help either.

No this isn't a troll thread.

Edit: I shoud ask if anyone else has race issues with themselves/those around them.

Last edited by VincenzoLuviner on 06 Oct 2010, 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 11:02 pm

dont think your a troll, and welcome to WP.

As for the question. Back when I used to be remotely interested, I was the same way when concerning redheads. Nowadays I have no interest in sex/relationships at all and I am happier because of it. Its just simply 1 less thing to worry about.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 11:09 pm

I am extremely picky, but I don't complain about not getting anyone.

VincenzoLuviner
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Oct 2010, 11:12 pm

^I'm asking if anyone else gets frustrated with a similar situation, I just want someone to relate to.

Yeah, I feel you DemonAbyss, I'll probably get there one day, or at least lie to myself and say I'm there.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 11:15 pm

VincenzoLuviner wrote:
^I'm asking if anyone else gets frustrated with a similar situation, I just want someone to relate to.

Yeah, I feel you DemonAbyss, I'll probably get there one day, or at least lie to myself and say I'm there.

*shrug* ok then. It doesn't frustrate me because its my own doing.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 11:16 pm

I am quite picky, but willing to negotiate.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 11:38 pm

"Picky" suggests to me that I consider people and decide against them. Most people don't even register as an option.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 4:34 am

Kaybee wrote:
"Picky" suggests to me that I consider people and decide against them. Most people don't even register as an option.

This.

I don't register as an option for most people either.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 7:51 am

Kaybee wrote:

Same. Someone will say, "What about so-and-so? He's single" and I'm confused because I've never seen that person in that light. Usually because they're my friend and I don't want to mess it up if it turns awry. :)

BrickHorse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2010, 10:16 am

I'm choosy, but not ridiculously picky.

What I want and care about the most is intelligence. Also, if I am friends with someone for a while and I am interested in them, I pay attention to how they treat their boyfriends/ex boyfriends.

I treat my dates very well. If someone I'm looking for is dumb and doesn't treat their dates well, then I immediately put a big "X" on their face and look elsewhere. I am not desperate enough to subject myself to being treated poorly by someone whom I am not interested in.

VincenzoLuviner
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2010, 1:34 pm

Damn, I should have emphasized the race/serial type thing more, not really getting what I wanted out of this...maybe I should just start a new thread.

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 2:38 pm

Yes.

Asian (including Indian) chicks dig me but I would never date one. I however have a penchant towards waif-like pasty white euro-anglo-saxons.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2010, 3:08 pm

Personally I prefer hispanic women but the majority in my area are immigrants who don't speak english and I don't speak spanish.

I'm neutral about american white culture, some of it is good and some bad. So while I don't prefer it I would definitely date a compatible white woman. However american black culture seems to have become a tragedy of epic proportions, why you would want to emulate it... is beyond my ability to comprehend. I can admire their beauty but finding any that I would be compatible with(at least where I live) would be quite a feat.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 3:24 pm

I wouldn't say I shun it (I'm very pro-white in the face of too much political correctness, or in the face of reverse racism, also known as "affirmative action"), but I don't stay in lockstep with it either, and I'm quick to criticize it.

--90% of my friends are some kind of ethnic minority

--Everyone I dated (and who I married) was non-white

--I enjoy ethnic cuisine far more than most white people, even by the L.A. standard.

--My musical tastes straddle multiple cultures and outlooks, and I'm not into Metal, Alternative, or any other stereotypically "white" musical genres.

My main issues with white culture have to do with some of the cultural snobbishness. I'm just as guilty of this, but I don't like being too insular. By the same token, I also don't like it when other ethnic groups are too insular -- this is America, we're supposed to blend, not be "separate but equal."

However, I also don't like it when white people (or any people) are too politically correct or too into the "white people are to blame for everything" mode that became so popular in the 1980s and beyond. I especially don't like the idolization of thug culture and ghetto black culture that started mainly in the 1990s here, though this has also happened in previous eras in this country (the 20s and the 60s). Putting an ethnic group on a pedestal that has had every chance to make things right with themselves, has had the country tripping over itself to please them for the past 50 years, yet still commits a disproportionate amount of crime, wallows in poverty and births out of wedlock (70% now, vs. 20% pre-Civil Rights), and if anything, has made the mainstream culture worse and trashier with their ghetto culture doesn't seem like a great thing to me. I don't think white guilt is a good reason to pander and turn a blind eye to self-inflicted problems in that community. Everyone else seems to be able to get with the program, why not this group?

Anyways, that rant aside, I don't particularly identify too much with other white people other than some common roots. Having married someone of another race and nationality has opened my eyes to the difficulties others face, and some of the wrong cultural assumptions we make.

P.S. -- I know Seattle has more African Americans than it used to, partly because of CA's third strike law, and partly because poorer immigrants pushed them out of neighborhoods here in L.A. (Compton is now a majority Latino), but have you actually been to Atlanta or the South at all? I can assure you that the African American folks you find out there will be a far cry from what you experience in Seattle, and not in a good way. I for one have been fairly shocked by the level of poverty and crime that the South has, even compared to the gang warfare and daily homicides we have out here in L.A. It really is the pits out there.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 3:29 pm

Mikelight wrote:
Personally I prefer hispanic women but the majority in my area are immigrants who don't speak english and I don't speak spanish.

I'm neutral about american white culture, some of it is good and some bad. So while I don't prefer it I would definitely date a compatible white woman. However american black culture seems to have become a tragedy of epic proportions, why you would want to emulate it... is beyond my ability to comprehend. I can admire their beauty but finding any that I would be compatible with(at least where I live) would be quite a feat.

Maybe time to learn Spanish then, eh? If you've already had a Latin language like French or, better yet, Italian, it won't be too hard to pick up.

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

06 Oct 2010, 4:46 pm

Well, I try not to simplify the world down to these kinds of things but I'd be lying if I told you I didn't.

Yes, I'm ethnically Asian, so I find a lot of the older values to be asinine. Stuff like don't date white girls, be a doctor, bring honor to your name, etc...pretty much BS that doesn't take into account AS. I still retain certain values like respecting others but I shun the discriminatory aspects.

I think a lot of cultural values are just BS to begin with. They might tell us something about our culture but they don't hide the terrible things we've all done. So I don't have a lot of "values" to begin with since culture never really made sense to me in the first place.

Just help others and pursue what you feel like you're comfortable doing between sunrise and sundown. That's all you need.

But at the same time, I don't know, I don't see hip-hop as "just black culture". It's an international culture now, full of many diverse forms...gangsta, pop, old school, jazz, alternative, etc. People forget how much influence Latinos and jazz/blues and folk singers have had in developing hip-hop, too.

Personally, I think it's silly to say something like black culture exists because wtf is it in the first place? I prefer thinking of it in terms of socio-economics before something PC touchy like race comes up. Poor people will always be poor people. I don't know why our media chooses to enslave the image of the young poor black thug as their idealized image of what sells but I'd have to assume they're only doing it because we're supporting and idolizing it.