Apparently, I have a secret admirer...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 7:14 am

Does anybody remember a thread I started not long ago about how I was suspicious that this one guy I know might be intending to ask me out?

It turns out that he didn't have such plans ( :x ), BUT he told me that there was somebody who did like me and might be intending to ask me out. I asked him who it was, but he said that it wasn't his place to tell me, and that I'd find out soon enough.

Aside from the fact that I remain confounded as to why he would flirt with me and ask me if I was single while having no intention of asking me out, I'm both excited and nervous about who this secret admirer might be. What if I'm not at all interested in him? Then I'd be in the awkward position of deciding whether to go out with him out of kindness or reject him and feel like an as*hole.

Has anybody ever been in a situation like this?

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 7:43 am

Yes, I have... but it was all in junior high (middle school). I don't know why but somehow I stopped caring until something was right in front of me from 9th grade through adulthood. If I knew what switch or button it was that did this, I'd tell you! I have no idea why this stuff doesn't even matter to me; it's something that I'd enjoy. So I'd say enjoy the ride and not worry about dealing with the unfortunate side of things until they are right in front of you.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 9:01 am

Hm when I'd get into situations like that I'd just not let it run my mind, although I was a little curious at first to know who they were. Good luck, I hope he's super hot. :D

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 9:19 am

Stellar wrote:
Good luck, I hope he's super hot. :D

Thanks, and I hope so, too. :wink: