Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

01 Nov 2011, 7:06 pm

In my journey around the forums and looking at the types of males that attract an overwhelming percentage of the females on the forums, I've come to the conclusion that narcissism is hot. In protecting user's identities, I'll just use pseudonyms.

Tut's boyfriend is a known narcissist and I think it'd be accurate to say she's in a dependent-dominant type of relationship.

Mak's father is a narcissist, and obviously Mak's mother found Mak's father hot enough to give birth to "Mak".

Edi is married to a narcissist.

So, in conclusion, if you want to increase your relationship chances, narcissism is a trait that may increase your attractiveness. Note that "narcissism" shouldn't be confused with sociopathy, even though a sociopath is definitely narcissistic (Coincidentally, promiscuity is a defining characteristic of sociopathy. I.e., sociopaths are attractive.).

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 7:18 pm

i can only work out one of the people. annoying thread

i think jokey narcissism can be attractive. not so much real narcissism

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 7:25 pm

i think that people that are more atractive are more likely to be narcecistic.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 7:51 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
i can only work out one of the people. annoying thread

I can never work these things out - am I out of the loop or what? :roll:

awes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2011, 8:58 pm

YES! xD

---> ;D http://www.youtube.com/user/IIIIIawesIIIII

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME!

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:14 pm

I used to care about others too much. I now realize that I cared about others in a selfish manner. I didn't mean to, but such is the plight of the "nice guy". Then I became self absorbed and bitter, and turned into THAT guy. Then I became glib and superficial; a narcissist, with politics as my weapon of choice.

I've finally found a balance in my life. I've learned how to care about others unselfishly, meaning accepting people for who they are. Many people say they do this but run with the wrong crowd.

On Sunday I got lots of looks from the cute blonde in the bar when I was watching football. My friend asked me if I knew her. She mentally undressed me when I walked out to my car. I didn't know what to say. On Monday I talked to this girl for an hour and she gave me her number and invited me to a sex club or something this Friday. I'm supposed to go to her house first though...you know, because its close by and all. Today I got hit on by an older lady. Last Friday I got hit on by a boyish lookin girl in jeans and heels and hairy legs. (Hey, it doesn't always work like the movies) I have no idea whats going on, so I keep on keepin on, willfully oblivious, going with the flow, not forcing the issue.

I'm not Rico Suave either.

LikeGreenAndBlue
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2011, 9:15 pm

thedaywalker wrote:

But what is it really that makes some men more attractive to women than others? Is it because they look good, have a lot of money, are smart or talented or know how to develop interesting and funny conversations with women?

Last edited by LikeGreenAndBlue on 01 Nov 2011, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

awes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2011, 9:20 pm

LikeGreenAndBlue wrote:
thedaywalker wrote:

But what is it really that makes some men more attractive to women than others? Is it because they are good-looking, have a lot of money, are smart or talented or know how to develop interesting conversations with women?

what else? who would like anybody who hasn't at least one of those qualities? I wouldn't even be interested in having friends who are uninteresting and without any vitamines. so why should a woman or man be interested in having a partner who has nothing she/he could benefit from? wouldn't that be stupid?

---> ;D http://www.youtube.com/user/IIIIIawesIIIII

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME!

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:29 pm

Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that narcissism is hot.

I've known more than a few narcissists. To me, none were hot for long, if ever.

Since one of the most burning desires of narcissists is attention, they work very hard at gaining it - all the time. That in itself, is annoying to be around.

They're like snakes on amphetamines; shedding admirers at breakneck speed. And the majority of folks around them (who were never admirers) have long since shifted into avoidance mode.

The most recent narcissist I am exposed to is at my workplace. Her two friends at work are the really manic guy (who's even more annoying than her) and the tragically homely woman who would be OK herself, if she didn't attach herself to the most annoying and dangerous of co-workers.

Yes, you will most likely find narcissists installed in a few high drama relationships at any given time.

Go for it.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

01 Nov 2011, 9:36 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
i think jokey narcissism can be attractive

That's what the PUA master David De'Angelo calls "Cocky and funny". Interesting to see someone who isn't male on the L&R forums is vouching for a PUA strategy.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:37 pm

Narcissists are not at all attractive. What they are, is good at making themselves look like they're good to be around until you get to know them better. This has nothing to do with actually being attractive long term.

The narcissist I know is very good at getting attention, however he cannot manage to hold a lasting relationship, and all of his relationships end extremely poorly (as well as all of his not-relationships but ones he was pursuing). Sooner or later he'll have attempted to date or dated enough of the females in the social group that people will know he's not worth being around at all.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:39 pm

Tuttle wrote:
Sooner or later he'll have attempted to date or dated enough of the females in the social group that people will know he's not worth being around at all.

Lol, there are plenty more social groups to infiltrate.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:43 pm

MountainLaurel wrote:
Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that narcissism is hot.

I've known more than a few narcissists. To me, none were hot for long, if ever.

Since one of the most burning desires of narcissists is attention, they work very hard at gaining it - all the time. That in itself, is annoying to be around.

They're like snakes on amphetamines; shedding admirers at breakneck speed. And the majority of folks around them (who were never admirers) have long since shifted into avoidance mode.

The most recent narcissist I am exposed to is at my workplace. Her two friends at work are the really manic guy (who's even more annoying than her) and the tragically homely woman who would be OK herself, if she didn't attach herself to the most annoying and dangerous of co-workers.

Yes, you will most likely find narcissists installed in a few high drama relationships at any given time.

Go for it.

+1,000

You know of what you speak!

I certainly think that narcissists can be perceived as being more attractive initially, because they go to such great lengths to create an attractive image. (real or imagined)

It doesn't take long for most people to figure them out and move on though, but the more successful ones find a willing supply of new actors to fuel their high-drama lifestyle anyway.

Whatever - they make life more interesting, just try to avoid their claws... :wink:

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:44 pm

swbluto wrote:
Tuttle wrote:
Sooner or later he'll have attempted to date or dated enough of the females in the social group that people will know he's not worth being around at all.

Lol, there are plenty more social groups to infiltrate.

I'd rather he stopped being a narcissist, but I know he won't. As it is, I want to get him as far away from me as possible (and I've seriously debated moving in order to avoid him, as the only female I knew from college that I'm even partially comfortable around is his latest victim).

It'd be far better for him to be infiltrating social groups that are less full of BAP and Autistic people who are easily manipulated at first because of not being able to figure out what he's doing.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 10:12 pm

blah blah blah

Last edited by purchase on 08 Nov 2011, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 10:39 pm

purchase wrote:
Narcissism is sexy to co-narcissists, who have due to previous experiences evolved the attitude that they have nothing to offer if they can't offer what a narcissist wants, and a narcissist wants and endless supply of attention and affirmation of their value because at core they believe they are unworthy and need convincing that they are.

Wow, this is seriously a succinct description of what underlies narcissistic relationships.