WHAT IS THE BEST THINGS ABOUT DATING?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tica
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2011, 11:51 am

Well for me personally i enjoy getting out of the house more. I like having someone who cares about me and accepts me for me. Basically the best part is falling in love. Going out to eat or to the movies with someone special.

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2011, 12:12 pm

having someone care about me as much or more than I care about them was the best part of the only relationship I ever have had. that was six years and about 5 months ago, so it has been a long ass time since I have been with anyone, and I am usually ok with that. but that is what I liked most about being in a relationship.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 1:16 pm

Being in love with someone that cares the same for me is wonderful. That's why I've been happy lately. ^.^

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 6:04 pm

This needs to be in the adult section for me to give details. 8)

So I'm never in a rush

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 7:26 pm

The part where they look at their watch and suddenly need to go... :wink:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

18 Aug 2011, 12:58 pm

Having someone to talk to who cares about me, listens to me, supportive of me, & makes me a better person & inspires me by having her in my life

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 1:08 pm

I imagine it would be cool to have an excuse to dine in fine restaurants.

I still do it sometimes, on my own, but it draws weird looks ;P

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 1:08 pm

Are we talking dating or relationships here?

The best thing about dating is meeting new people. Even if it doesn't lead to another date, I typically enjoy that experience, being inquisitive of the other person, discovering who they are, their hopes and dreams.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 1:10 pm

AsteroidNap wrote:
The best thing about dating is meeting new people. Even if it doesn't lead to another date, I typically enjoy that experience, being inquisitive of the other person, discovering who they are, their hopes and dreams.

oh yes, that. that + the good food & wine. ;)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

Dating is usually very boring.

But I usually like to date my documents in DD/MM/YY format, but some software tools insist on the MM/DD/YY format...pfff Americans.

But if we are talking about dating fossils....well.... THAT would be interesting.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 18 Aug 2011, 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 1:28 pm

anna-banana wrote:
AsteroidNap wrote:

oh yes, that. that + the good food & wine. ;)

These.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

18 Aug 2011, 1:34 pm

AsteroidNap wrote:
Are we talking dating or relationships here?

I was talking about a relationship because I wouldn't enjoy anything about dating unless I was already in the relationship. The only thing I would of found appealing about dating would of been the prospect of having a potential partner

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 2:22 pm

anna-banana wrote:

haha, I do this too! The looks are weird...but hey, I want to try the good food too, and I'm not going to let the lack of a date stop me. Heck, I wouldn't see 90% of the movies that are out in theaters if I waited for someone to go with me. The best part about the single dining experience is then ordering a nice glass of wine to go with it.

I've also noticed that this single dining experience brings the manager over to my table more frequently to inquire about my meal. I imagine they believe I'm someone of importance, but they don't know who exactly. Nope! Just a dude with AS eating your chow. haha.

Anyway, sorry, going off topic.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

AsteroidNap wrote:
anna-banana wrote:

haha, I do this too! The looks are weird...but hey, I want to try the good food too, and I'm not going to let the lack of a date stop me. Heck, I wouldn't see 90% of the movies that are out in theaters if I waited for someone to go with me. The best part about the single dining experience is then ordering a nice glass of wine to go with it.

I've also noticed that this single dining experience brings the manager over to my table more frequently to inquire about my meal. I imagine they believe I'm someone of importance, but they don't know who exactly. Nope! Just a dude with AS eating your chow. haha.

This is my exact experience, too! I go most places alone, and I dress up when I feel like it. Sometimes it gets you attention you weren't expecting (like the manager coming to your table) and then I get nervous, but most of the time I'm just enjoying myself. I go to the movies alone, to plays alone, to restaurants alone, etc.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 3:38 pm

mv wrote:
AsteroidNap wrote:
anna-banana wrote:

This is my exact experience, too! I go most places alone, and I dress up when I feel like it. Sometimes it gets you attention you weren't expecting (like the manager coming to your table) and then I get nervous, but most of the time I'm just enjoying myself. I go to the movies alone, to plays alone, to restaurants alone, etc.

we should start a club :lol:

I'm definitely dressing up next time I go to a restaurant on my own! why have I never thought of that? :scratch:

you know what else is fun? not having anything to distract you from the experience - no phones, books, newspapers, anything. just totally celebrating the good meal (sounds of appreciation including ;)). I used to always bring something to read, mainly to distract myself from the pitying looks, but since I stopped, I've noticed it's actually more fun to be totally present in the situation of the restaurant weirdo :D it makes me feel less pathetic too :P

mv
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 3:43 pm

anna-banana wrote:
we should start a club :lol:

I'm definitely dressing up next time I go to a restaurant on my own! why have I never thought of that? :scratch:

you know what else is fun? not having anything to distract you from the experience - no phones, books, newspapers, anything. just totally celebrating the good meal (sounds of appreciation including ;)). I used to always bring something to read, mainly to distract myself from the pitying looks, but since I stopped, I've noticed it's actually more fun to be totally present in the situation of the restaurant weirdo :D it makes me feel less pathetic too :P

So, so eerie, I used to do this, too, and also decided to stop! I love the sensation of looking around, instead. If I get bored (rare), I can reread the menu or wine list...