Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lonelysoul
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Sep 2006, 9:37 pm

OK, first off, I'm not sure if I have Asperger's or not. My brother has it, and I kinda always thought I might have a lesser degree of it. I am very booksmart, but not great with social skills and cues.

I was diagnosed as not having it, but the diagnosis was did in a controlled one-on-one quiet environment, which it seems to me, would not be the same thing as many social situations that give me problems. I never have problems just talking one on one with people, but more in groups of people and social environments. And say, knowing the right things to say to a girl or during certain social scenarios, is completely different.

Aaanyway, regardless of whether it's Asperger's or social anxiety mixed with a lack of understanding of modern social skills, here's my question...I am also bisexual and agnostic, and the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with, I've always wanted to share those things, at least in common. but, it's not easy for many guys with this kind of problem to find a gf at all, much less lessen their dating pool even more with the bisexual and agnostic things. Should I just settle for less than what I truly want because of the Asperger's/social anxiety issue or stick with what I truly want in a soulmate?

(PS, I also have a profile at myspace.com/johndoe12345 but it's kinda a long read, because I just let it all out.)

krex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2006, 10:45 pm

Does she have to be bi or just except that you are?Big difference am Bi (female) but very insecure about dating Bi men(I have ,but I am insecure enough with having to compete with 1/2 the population...all of them...wow)Anyway....if its not something you need to act on in the relationship, then I wouldnt think it would matter...Agnostics get along with atheist and some other non practicing "spiritual" people but I wouldnt waste your time with some one who likes going to church or bases alot of life decisions on religion....relationships have enough conflicts without adding this very touchy element....That said,I wouldnt limit your search to AS people...that will really bring your statistical probability down.....In general,your the only one who can decide what compromises you can live with....just dont think you can change the person with love or time...not effective.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

emp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2006, 5:38 am

Scenario.
You meet a girl.
She does not perfectly match your ideal.
Nevertheless you enjoy her company.

Should you end contact with her because she is not exactly what you want?

The answer is obvious.