Megz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 11:04 pm

http://www.bellomarc.com/r100b-w.html
http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/r100b-d.html
http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/r370b.html
http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/r369b.html
So a while ago (I think it was spongy) someone suggested that we make a thread over here, so we can share our vast LDR wisdom ( :lol: :roll: ) with others. Things are going quite well, and I wanted to show off our potential promise/engagement rings that we're thinking about getting each other for Christmas :bounce: So, yeah, long distance kinda sucks, but it's freaking awesome when we're together and that makes the time apart totally worth it. Did I mention my parents actually like him? That was a real surprise because my dad doesn't like anybody (people always think I'm exaggerating this. I'm not). So they approved Nick coming here for Christmas :D This is the most excited I've been about Christmas in about 10 years. He'll be meeting my grandparents, and my aunt and uncle. All the family members that I regularly have contact with, and if my parents like him I'm sure the rest of the relatives will like him too. We've been together for 20 weeks as of today, and I think the plan is to exchange rings on our 6 month anniversary. Anyways, things are going awesome, and I can't wait to spend the rest of forever with this amazing man :heart:
(I guess the idea of this thread is for you peoples to ask us relationship advice questions and we'll do our best to answer them)

PM
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 11:17 pm

Congratulations are in order for both of you.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 11:31 pm

Thank you! :D

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 12:02 am

because of this thread :D

Good luck you two :D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 12:41 am

Congratulations, this is wonderful.

I also think it's great that Nick has finally managed to find happiness after all the frustration.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

22 Nov 2011, 1:51 am

I really appreciate all the support & advice & stuff I've gotten here.
Megz understands my AS, disabilities & lots of other things about me better than anyone ever has & she makes me a better person. I cant help but love her with all my heart :heart:
I'm not really sure what else to say in here rite now except Thanx :D :P

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 4:18 am

nick007 wrote:
Megz understands my AS, disabilities & lots of other things about me better than anyone ever has & she makes me a better person. I cant help but love her with all my heart :heart:

Congratulations and good luck! I really like the rings, very unique. I'm new to this forum but you come across as a true gent and a decent guy, glad you've found someone who understands you. I think it's very inspiring for everyone here to read a success story that is positive and uplifting.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 5:18 am

Yes I suggested this after hearing about how much fun you both had on halloween at the hot aspies thread.

I thought it would be nice to have a thread that is somewhat hopeful to try to cheer up some of the members around here that are having a harder time.

No questions at the moment but I´ll be sure to come back if some questions arise.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 5:40 am

Ahhhh I love a happy thread.
Hooraaaay for love!! :heart:

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 7:59 am

emlion wrote:
Ahhhh I love a happy thread.
Hooraaaay for love!! :heart:

+1 :D

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 8:01 am

:D Thanks guys! :heart:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 8:13 am

Congrats.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 9:30 am

Titangeek wrote:
because of this thread :D

Good luck you two :D

i had to quote this as it is adorable. and purrrrfect. heh.

congrats, lovebirds!

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2011, 11:13 am

nick007 wrote:

I still remember posting/reading in the thread where you guys got together Nick.Lol wow....has it really been 20 weeks already?! 8O

Anyway I wish you guys the very best of luck.You seemed pretty lonley before Nick so I'm glad you have finally found someone that completes you. :wink:

myth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

Man, you guys crack me up (in a good way).

This:

Megz wrote:

was my first wedding ring. Purchased from that exact site and everything :lol:

Everyone always told me how unique it was and I've never seen another person with a black ti ring. Of course, I'd have to meet another one on WP :P any belief I've ever had that was different than anyone else I've ever met, I always find a ton of people here who hold it and it continues to astound me. :lol:

My current ring is also black ti (although I suspect it's more like black stainless steel, but who cares) and is styled more like this: http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/r604b-d.html without the gold accents and with a square princess cut zirconium instead of the round one. And way cheaper, of course. I get lots of comments on this one too.

I definately cast my vote to the one I quoted above. It was a gorgeous ring. It is not exactly rainbow as it looks in the picture, though. It's more purple-blue, no reds or yellows in the band at all. Still extremely beautiful. Too bad the man that gave it too me was an as*hole that I ended up leaving or I'd be wearing it to this day :) my new one is good too, though, but I think I'm slightly more partial to that one. It was just perfect.

Secondly: I'm glad to hear that your parents like him :) moving forward with the plan and your future!! :D

Nothing is absolute.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 2:10 pm

Thanks for all the support, everybody :D

myth wrote:
Man, you guys crack me up (in a good way).

This:
Megz wrote:

was my first wedding ring. Purchased from that exact site and everything :lol:

Everyone always told me how unique it was and I've never seen another person with a black ti ring. Of course, I'd have to meet another one on WP :P any belief I've ever had that was different than anyone else I've ever met, I always find a ton of people here who hold it and it continues to astound me. :lol:

My current ring is also black ti (although I suspect it's more like black stainless steel, but who cares) and is styled more like this: http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/r604b-d.html without the gold accents and with a square princess cut zirconium instead of the round one. And way cheaper, of course. I get lots of comments on this one too.

I definately cast my vote to the one I quoted above. It was a gorgeous ring. It is not exactly rainbow as it looks in the picture, though. It's more purple-blue, no reds or yellows in the band at all. Still extremely beautiful. Too bad the man that gave it too me was an as*hole that I ended up leaving or I'd be wearing it to this day :) my new one is good too, though, but I think I'm slightly more partial to that one. It was just perfect.

Secondly: I'm glad to hear that your parents like him :) moving forward with the plan and your future!! :D

lol, yeah, pretty much any time I find some unique thing about myself, I've found at least 5 other people here to disprove it.
Do you have an opinion on the white sapphire versus the diamond? Originally I said I didn't care what kind of stone it was and was looking at CZ rings, but then I read that CZ and other manufactured type "diamonds" scratch and chip more easily, and I am kind of rough on things.