"NT" or autie/aspie to date?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

A_Landy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2012, 1:29 am

I'm planning to be in an another relationship (because I feel ready) and I am wondering if for my next date:
A. Wait until I graduate to go out with my crush who is a "NT" (cause she is taking an advice/opinion on purity from a youth pastor) or
B. Find someone with autism or aspergers to go out with
To be honest, I do feel lonely at times (and depressed because I feel like I'm the only person with autism in the room), but otherwise I am shy at first, then I warm up to people once I know them well enough. I would love to have a long term relationship if any lonely heart (around 16 or 17) wants to give me a chance. I do have some experience in relationships (2 that didn't last any longer than 1 or 2 months and were both "NT")

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 1:57 am

You're doing the; being only in my own head; kind of Aspie thinking; and trying to apply it to an imaginary future relationship. It won't compute in any meaningful way.

Relationships are experiential and they require another person. A real person, not a brand of person. It's not; A Toyota or a Honda?

One meets and gets to know real people and is attracted or not, compatible or not and compelled or not.

If you're ready for a relationship; get your but out there and start relating to people in your environment; not imaginary types in your head.

Embroglio
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jan 2012, 10:04 am

You're young relationships that only last 1-2 months are very common when you're in high school. I've never been in a relationship with someone else who as AS, but than again I've only met a few other people with it. To be honest I've met only 1 girl with it and we couldn't stand each other.