Question about what men prefer

Page 1 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:28 am

Do men prefer a very dim woman who just puts out?

Should I hid the fact that I am academically bright in order to find a partner for sex and going out on dates?

It just seems to me that the thicker you are more successful you are romantically so should I play dumb?

Also how do I dumb it down convincingly?

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:37 am

No, you shouldn't have to hide something like that. I'd rather be with somebody who's at the very least as smart as I am, if not significantly more so. :P

Maybe part of it is in the way you go about showing it. Maybe some guys feel that you're full of yourself if you go on about it too much? It might not be so much that you are smart at all, but rather a matter of arrogance. Not saying you are, but just a reason that seems a little more common.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:43 am

Different men have different tastes. I prefer smarter women. I think it is a bad idea to hide who you are, since the man you are trying to convince will eventually realize you are not the person he thought you were. Does that make sense?

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

Aye but I have given up on finding a relationship as such, but I am human and I have needs.

All I really want is to get laid and being intelligent is not working for me in that way. The less intelligent seem to do most of the breeding so they must be getting laid regularly. I want to know how they do it.

No I don't want babies but sex would be nice.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:56 am

I like a smart woman. Though I value kindness above anything else.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:05 am

bumble wrote:
Aye but I have given up on finding a relationship as such, but I am human and I have needs.

It should be very easy for you to have sex if that's what you want to do. Finding good sex is a lot more difficult though.

Unless you just want some selfish bozo, I'd think about this much more carefully. :)

Last edited by Tequila on 08 Jan 2012, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:05 am

So you are smart, wants sex and, if that is you in your avatar photo, you are very attractive.

There is something wrong with the men in your area. :?

I do not know, maybe it is as Boxman108 said: maybe you seem arrogant or you just do not appear interested.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:08 am

Magnus_Rex wrote:
There is something wrong with the men in your area. :?

Perhaps she just hasn't found someone she feels safe enough with yet?

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:11 am

I have trouble reading flirting signals and need men to be very obvious or direct. Most are not so I may miss any signals they give out.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:15 am

bumble wrote:
I have trouble reading flirting signals and need men to be very obvious or direct. Most are not so I may miss any signals they give out.

We try not to be too obvious so that a) we can tell if a woman is interested or not and so avoid a harsh rejection and b) so that we don't end up with a sexual harassment charge.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:17 am

bumble wrote:

That is probably the reason, then. Do you approach men? It could help.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:18 am

The whole males only want a dumb partner is just as accurate as females only want a bad boy.

You are going to find some males that are only looking for a trophy partner/wife but unless you wish to remain as dumb for an undefined amount of time(otherwise they´ll say you´ve changed...) I wouldnt suggest this idea.

That being said if your diplomas/work/whatever is something too impressive most males will think that they dont have a shot so why bother, so you may want to remove it/word it in a less impressive way to be approached by more.

I believe I saw your post on the elegible odd bobs thread and it looked fine but maybe there was something I missed.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:20 am

Magnus_Rex wrote:
bumble wrote:

That is probably the reason, then. Do you approach men? It could help.

It depends what she wants and who she wants it from.

For instance, I'm ;) without a girlfriend. But I don't live near you. That direct enough? Lots of guys don't have girlfriends. You just want to pick out a good one for yourself. Sort out the wheat from the chaff.

RikersBeard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2012, 11:29 am

Yes, hide it or find someone more intelligent than you.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:40 am

Tequila wrote:
For instance, I'm ;) without a girlfriend. But I don't live near you. That direct enough? Lots of guys don't have girlfriends. You just want to pick out a good one for yourself. Sort out the wheat from the chaff.

According to Google Earth, Lancashire is a drive of about 5 hours from Norwich. Get in the car, Tequila!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:58 am

Magnus_Rex wrote:
Get in the car, Tequila!

Can't drive. But I'd be happy to meet her. :)