how do you know what love feels like?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Ayna
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jan 2012, 2:35 pm

Hello,

Can I ask a question?

I am wonder if this is wright place because it says its about relationship, about love.

I want to know how you knoe if you love someone. Like my mother and father if they are away I am upset and I need them to do things like help me and play game when upset.

They are the only people can touch me I like hugs by them sometoms. But am I just very much used to them and I get upset when they are away because things are differnet and I don’t like change, or am upset because I love them? How can you tell if you love someone or if you just need them to be in the right place and do the right things? What things do you feel if it is real love? What is difference between feelig love for mother or cat or boyfriend (I don't have a boyfriend).

What is your experiences in this?

Thank you

hadrian_f
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm

Of course you can ask a question, the one you've asked is however a very difficult one. There are different ways to love people, you have the love for family members which is a form of platonic love, it means you care deeply for people you know and would be very sad if you lost them. I personally feel this is the most difficult kind of love to know you're feeling, but you generally feel it for your pets, (close) family, and perhaps some friends.

Then there is romantic love, when you feel it, you'll know ;).

I guess there's a third love, the one which many religions talk about.

In the end, what each of these means for you is something you'll have to find out for yourself.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 2:53 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASp-TkBq3Q[/youtube]

Ayna
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jan 2012, 3:02 pm

Sorry, that didn't help very much but that is ok.

The video was a bit strange, do you really ignore it if someone gets a bag stolen and spill all the cornflakes? I don't think thats right.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

23 Jan 2012, 3:17 pm

I know what love feels like because I fell in love with a coupe girls. I care aLOT about them & want what's best for them even if it means not me not being in their lives anymore. I liked the way I felt with them in my life & I felt like I was a better person because of it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 3:38 pm

Been there (True Love) just once. Its something almost overwhelmingly strong. A desire for the other's company. To me, I even kind of loosened my defenses to let this girl feel more welcome.
A dash of lust, but a ton of longing. Loneliness when apart, but couldn't stop thinking of her..
Unfortunately, this may be an individual thing without a definite answer.

Sincerely,
Matt

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 3:42 pm

I've been there only twice, and each time was different. The realization of what it was came differently, as well.

I really can't answer your question. I don't think anyone can.