How do you tell a girl you like them

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Billthebug
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Nov 2006, 6:54 pm

How do u tell a girl you like them and ask if they want to go to like the movies or something i am having a hard time coming up with a plan.

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Nov 2006, 7:07 pm

"I like the cut of your jib. Let's go to a movie."

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2006, 7:12 pm

I am not sure, because in my experience, it has always been the girl who asked me out.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2006, 7:13 pm

"I like you. Wanna go see a movie?"

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Nov 2006, 7:17 pm

diseased wrote:

While yours would probably work depending on the delivery, I don't like the fact that you're specifically asking her if she wants to go to a movie. If he said "wanna go see a movie?" it would be much easier for her to back out with "no." If you say "let's go see a movie" she would be disagreeing with you if she said "no" instead of merely answering the question. Also, the fact that you're unsure of whether she wants to see the movie makes her unsure and makes you seem less manly. If you say "lets go see a movie" you send the message "i know you want to go see a movie so lets do it" without sounding cocky.

Also, instadates are generally hard for her to flake out of. "Lets go right now to see a movie."

By the way, I know what I'm talking about. :wink:

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2006, 7:37 pm

It usually starts with, "I need your advice. See, there's something I want to say but I'm not exactly sure how to say it..." and then, after a long conversation ends with "I like you."

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Nov 2006, 7:38 pm

I don't know what I'm talking about, but it seems to me that you could converse re movies, then to the specific movie, then say, "We should go see that sometime" - if she says Yes then you say When? if she says, yeah sometime maybe then try again another time.

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Nov 2006, 7:39 pm

Yupa wrote:
It usually starts with, "I need your advice. See, there's something I want to say but I'm not exactly sure how to say it..." and then, after a long conversation ends with "I like you."

that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. girls generally aren't turned on by guys who don't know how to say "i like you".

Maybe i'm wrong...

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2006, 7:43 pm

alex wrote:
diseased wrote:

While yours would probably work depending on the delivery, I don't like the fact that you're specifically asking her if she wants to go to a movie. If he said "wanna go see a movie?" it would be much easier for her to back out with "no." If you say "let's go see a movie" she would be disagreeing with you if she said "no" instead of merely answering the question. Also, the fact that you're unsure of whether she wants to see the movie makes her unsure and makes you seem less manly. If you say "lets go see a movie" you send the message "i know you want to go see a movie so lets do it" without sounding cocky.

Also, instadates are generally hard for her to flake out of. "Lets go right now to see a movie."

Never said/implied/insinuated that you didn't, dude.
It's just that, for me, any chick who requires proof of my masculinity (in a manner that doesn't involve removal of my pants) in the phrasing of a question really isn't a chick I'd be all that interested in. "OMG, you totally phrased that in a feminine manner. I'm afraid I can't date you, girly-man." "Oh. Oh well, your loss. I'm great in the sack, but you'll never know, now will you. Ha. Ha. Ha. Stupid twit." and move on, while thanking my lucky stars that I dodged THAT bullet.
Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary. Not valid with other offers.

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Nov 2006, 7:46 pm

diseased wrote:
alex wrote:
diseased wrote:

Never said/implied/insinuated that you didn't, dude.
It's just that, for me, any chick who requires proof of my masculinity (in a manner that doesn't involve removal of my pants) in the phrasing of a question really isn't a chick I'd be all that interested in. "OMG, you totally phrased that in a feminine manner. I'm afraid I can't date you, girly-man." "Oh. Oh well, your loss. I'm great in the sack, but you'll never know, now will you. Ha. Ha. Ha. Stupid twit." and move on, while thanking my lucky stars that I dodged THAT bullet.
Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary. Not valid with other offers.

good point. by the way, please for give my nitpickiness.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2006, 7:53 pm

Oh, no worries dude. If you can't be nitpicky here, where can y'be, y'know?

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2006, 7:57 pm

If you want professional dating advice and how to play the game here it is:
Dont.

Now, as for aspie girls, maybe they want to hear it - I've only potentially met one in 24 years so I dont know.

If she is normal, telling her you 'like her' will automatically kill it. I've done it, I've seen it happen, and its the most common error.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2006, 8:39 pm

If you say, "Wanna go to a movie?" and nothing else, you simultaneously accomplish two things:

(1) You ask her out;

(2) You tell her you like her.

After you've done that, you've conveyed point #2 already, so you needn't verbalize it.

Hint: Have some suggestions ready in case she says "What movie?" And have a selection; don't give her a list of choices from one genre.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2006, 8:47 pm

From the wife: Depends on how well he knows her. If he already knows her, try "I heard about this awesome movie... wanna go see it with me?"

krex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2006, 10:21 pm

I am sure I am biased because I hate movie theaters....but movies are really a lame place to get to know someone.You cant talk and dont get to know how the person responds to life situations.I much prefer...going to coffee,going to a state park for a walk,dumpster diving,going to a poetry reading.Guess it depends on the person and your own likes and dislikes....just a thought.I also would not trust someone who said they liked me if they had only seen me in the hall at school or in class.I would prefer someone saying...."I am interested in getting to know you better.Is there something you like to do on the weekends...maybe we could do it together?"I like to have my interests taken into account.(Then again,I am aspie...dont know what NT girls like)

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 12:04 am

I like taking my dates to "lazer quest" and I pick her off in the eye with my lazer

I'm just kidding, i cant get a date haha :wink: