Romance makes me nauseous...?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

KaminariNoKage
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jul 2012, 1:52 am

With great respect to those in or looking to be in a relationship...

I find this to be an ever growing problem, and I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same. Anytime I see it (making out and beyond) I just start to get a really bad stomach ache or feel like I want to vomit. Close my eyes, I can still hear the slobbering-popping sound and it just becomes incredibly painful! And of course seeing the words triggers a movie like memory which just starts the process all over. I am aromantic-asexual, so maybe it has something to do with this?

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2012, 3:47 am

I am only playing devils advocate, Where you brought up in a strict religious family and school or deep down your not happy with your looks or the way you are and you told your self sub consciously you never deserve to be loved so take the anti romantic side to feel better from removing yourself from it.

KaminariNoKage
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jul 2012, 9:55 pm

Very religious family, yes. Single parent all-female (except me) home, which I kind of thought was normal. But they were never against romance or anything to do with it. In fact, they were very much for it all with the usual exception of outside marriage, rape, etc. My mother can even be somewhat perverted at times, and she has grown more open about it since I have grown older. Plus I have seen more than my share of R-films and Mature manga/graphic novels (though I usually skip through romantic part as fast as possible).

Age wise though, I was told I made the decision to never date or anything when I was 10-11, which was pretty early on. Reconsidering has never even crossed my mind. Never really cared much about how I looked - though people did criticize me for it. Ditto with my "personality". I will admit though that I do not like how "love" makes people kind of emotional/obsessive/desperate/clingy/needy/unproductive etc... like when people have a crush or something.

This sickness thing kind of started developing this past year. Like I first noticed I starting getting motion sickness when it came to female-chest-appendages (in anime they can be pretty "bouncy", "large", and overtly emphasized), then it started moving to romance situations in (non-animated) movies.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 12:15 am

That's a very good observation by Scott and that could be the reason why you are feeling this way. Religious oppression and having a sexual conscience can really effect someone later in life, it sounds as if you have been sheltered and made to feel guilt or disgust towards anything sexual or romantic.

You have a distorted black and white view of love, you either see something as completely positive or completely negative and you only see the negative aspects of love rather than seeing the positives of it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

29 Jul 2012, 12:18 am

I was kind of disgusted by romance stuff till I fell in lov

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS4H8EebA54[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

31 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

I have a feeling that I'd like the idea of romance but all the touching would drive me crazy. I defintely cant sleep in the same bed with someone because I would hear and possibly feel them breathing, Sensory crap like that bothers me because I know its abnormal but I just dont know if I'll ever get my act together and put in the hard work to get the desired outcome