Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 4:30 pm

And it's getting me down, more so over time. I just want that significant other, you know?

I've tried dating sites, I had a profile for about a year and a half, changed them many times to see where I was going wrong, changed how I messaged people, looked up how I could message people on dating sites, and nothing I was doing, was wrong.
I met one person off a dating site, and I'm just not attracted to her. She confessed she liked me, and I didn't really have anything to say to that to be honest, because I didn't feel the same way.

I also met another person off the same dating site, but we are only friends. I'm not sure if she likes me too, because she came onto me and it made me feel very uncomfortable, therefore I didn't kiss her back properly, and just had to push her away and say "I don't really kiss friends.". I lied, I do, I just don't like someone coming out of the blue like that, and she wasn't very good at kissing.
I like it soft and sweet, and she was just a bit tipsy/drunk, and really going for it, so it wasn't a good kiss at all.
After we had met, yesterday we were chatting on an Instant Messenger platform and I forgot to bring her something I was supposed to bring. It went like this
Me - "I remembered earlier at therapy I forgot to bring that wallpaper to you on Saturday, so I apologise xD" (I was gonna bring her a sample sheet of the wallpaper we have on the stairs, because she liked it)
Her - "Lol it's alright was good just seeing ya pretty face"

I never know how to respond to this kind of thing.

Do you think she's interested in me? I'm not interested in her. I don't personally find her attractive at all.
These people who were stood in the crowd next to us (We were at London Gay Pride) and they kept asking if me and her were a couple, if we were single, and that we looked cute together etc.
It was so annoying!

Anyways, how do you cope if you're single? Do other people get down about it too?

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 6:27 pm

It seems like the second person you met really likes you. Even if you don't find her attractive, it would still be great to keep seeing this person, as she may grow on you, or even just lead to a good friendship.

If you don't want to pursue her, I don't think you've made it very clear to her that you only see her as a friend. She may not remember you saying the thing about you only kissing friends as she was drunk at the time. You should meet her in person and tell her that you aren't interested in a firm and nice way. Say that while you do enjoy your time with her, you should just keep things at a friendly level.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term therapists - that I am an anxious and highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder.

My diagnoses - social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 8:17 am

I agree with above, you just have to reinforce your boundaries. There are civil, nice ways to do this (which I think you can do, you seem very cool!).

I've been single about five years, now. I gave up on online dating three years ago. I worked it and worked it and worked it and just never met anyone I felt *enough* attracted to.

How do I cope? I find things to try to distract me. It helps that I have two kids, that takes up a lot of time and energy. I continue to try to understand and improve myself, and hope that some day I'll be in a better, more-receptive position to try and date again.

What's bad (about me) is that I don't like to date casually. What's the point? I'm either into you or not into you.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

OK I think it's obvious this girl is into me now since she made a comment that it's weird I'm single because I'm really cute, and her IM's have seen a bit more playful and flirty since we've met.

I think she knows I'm not interested anyway, since on the Saturday I said in front of some people that me and her were just friends, and I think I made myself pretty clear xD

It's annoying when people who like you, you don't like back, and the people you do like, don't like you back!

Life's a b*tch!