Why do we "mesh" with certain people, and other no

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 6:50 pm

Idk. It's kind of funny. You may have known someone for years, and still not be intimate (in the non-sexual sense), and yet you meet someone once and may bot see them all that often , but it seems like you have known them forever. One example is someone I met online and we were planning to start a club in our city, but it never materialized. But we are still friends. But then there are people you go to church with or are family with, and you don't know one iota about (as far as day to day).

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 7:13 pm

You're right, it is kinda funny. I suspect part of it is a subconscious thing. Beyond that, I haven't a clue why this is :?

Then I have done my job

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 7:35 pm

With the one person I had something on common, so that helps. But in another case there was absolutely nothing in common (we chatted about games and random stuff once) and I still enjoy talking with her (nt just because she is a female, but because she is interesting)

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2012, 9:55 pm

That is kind of a strange thing, but it can also be a wonderful thing. I can really relate to it, as well. :)

I saw a picture of my boyfriend back in April and I didn't know him at all back then, but he looked familiar to me. It was odd. I knew I had never met this man but it seemed as if I had. When we met for the first time, that feeling was even stronger. We have been dating for over 2 months now and sometimes I sit there and think, "Wow, 2 months isn't very long at all but this does not feel like a 2 month long relationship." It truly does feel like we've known each other forever - I'm more comfortable with him than with people I've known for six years!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough... God knows we're worth it"

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2012, 9:59 pm

Right. With some people you just "click" and get along amazingly like you have known each other for a very long time. I don't know how this works either. It is funny.