Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 6:51 pm

... I don't get what's wrong with me.
There is a girl that is in my view quite the type... and to be honest with you... most would think it's not gonna happen for me...
It's just that I know that I'm not exactly first choice for some... image wise rather than the good characteristics.
For those of you wondering by the way in terms of her status, I cannot confirm or deny that... however she could be single as this guy did talk to her and I don't recall the word boyfriend being used.
Likelyhood is she's not interested, may have to lower my standards.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 6:56 pm

Also I wonder if it's not really fear of rejection... but more being watched getting rejected. As I do think that if I did this in a social setting and get rejected, I'm gonna feel awful.
Then I always think that the next person is in the books and ticks all the boxes.

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jul 2012, 7:05 pm

Whether you "have a chance" with this girl or not, is best gauged by this quesion:

Does she know or like you at all? I she likes you and has some sort of friendship/ common interest than perhaps. IF your just admiring her from a distance, than probably not.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 2:28 am

She possibly does know me to be fair... though only through mutual friends if that is the case.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 2:30 am

PastFixations wrote:
There is a girl that is in my view quite the type... and to be honest with you... most would think it's not gonna happen for me...
It's just that I know that I'm not exactly first choice for some... image wise rather than the good characteristics.
For those of you wondering by the way in terms of her status, I cannot confirm or deny that... however she could be single as this guy did talk to her and I don't recall the word boyfriend being used.

Why do you think that your looks immediately mean that you have no chance?

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 3:55 am

If all else fails, climb up a tree facing her bedroom window whilst playing Lady in Red from a ghetto blaster and waving at her.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2YIpZWBqA[/youtube]

Just kidding, bro, I'm sure you are. It isn't all about looks, it's more about how you make the other person feel, if you are a fun and humorous guy which you seem like from these forums, that's definitely a good sign and I think that can help.

I don't know many people that date people out of pity so try to make her realize that you are a fun guy to be around and if she doesn't see that, you need to be prepared to tell yourself that it's her loss and that you deserve someone that does value you for who you are.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 4:01 am

PastFixations wrote:

Don't bother. Waste of time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

_DyL_
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jul 2012, 8:43 am

Get to know her more first, talk to her a bit even if it's over the internet.

Another tip, NTs will find it quite 'weird' if you are to simply ask her out when you're not sure yous are even friends. Personally, I can understand this as that's what I thought dating is for, to get to know them... 8O However NTs seem not to think this.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 9:08 am

Quote:

Could that be improved? Maybe a workout routine?

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jul 2012, 10:16 am

Don't lower your standards, it's a major difference from getting the one you desire and the one that was thrown away in a pile, never to have been seen in daylight again. Don't sell yourself to last place.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 12:46 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
Quote:

Could that be improved? Maybe a workout routine?

It's not my physique... it's my face. :lol: Don't really feel there is a problem with the rest of my body.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

Kjas wrote:

Looks are sometimes the most likely common part of attraction. It's what seperates a celebrity to the homeless... it's the image they portray. It comes down to appeal.
Above was an example, I'm not homeless by the way.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 12:24 am

PastFixations wrote:
Kjas wrote:

Looks are sometimes the most likely common part of attraction. It's what seperates a celebrity to the homeless... it's the image they portray. It comes down to appeal.

I think you are putting far too much emphasis into looks and looks alone as there are other factors such as humour, emotion, feeling, stability and charisma but you are right, I think looks are important to get a foot in the door. However there are other ways to get a foot in the door as such as being extremely charismatic or witty.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 3:10 am

Wolfheart wrote:
If all else fails, climb up a tree facing her bedroom window whilst playing Lady in Red from a ghetto blaster and waving at her.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You owe me a new keyboard now.

Wolfheart wrote:
PastFixations wrote:
Kjas wrote:

I think you are putting far too much emphasis into looks and looks alone as there are other factors such as humour, emotion, feeling, stability and charisma but you are right, I think looks are important to get a foot in the door. However there are other ways to get a foot in the door as such as being extremely charismatic or witty.

I agree with Wolf.

My previous boyfriends all had a specific trait I was attracted to, and it had nothing to do with their looks. I became interested in them after interacting with them, generally from a combination of a good sense of humor, extreme kindness and strong compatiable values.

Last edited by Kjas on 17 Jul 2012, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 5:00 am

To be fair I can have charisma, wit, humour and kindness.
Now I remember something else... some did turn me down but because they didn't feel that they were good enough for me... as in they thought they were the wrong type.
:) Strangely enough even at times when I've been low... I can still be happy.