Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Sep 2012, 1:39 am

Last night I almost snapped after a woman (who I am cool with & worked with) walked past me and didn't even turned her head to notice me.

So, I did the better option and talked it out with my peers. One gave me very little pick-up advice that wasn't out of the realm of possibilities (sliding flirts in mid conversation).

Another was to have his gf help introduce me to other people to try and help me out a bit.

They look like some solutions, but is doing something like this a good idea?

zxy8
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Sep 2012, 1:43 am

Why would you almost snap because someone didn't look at you?

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Sep 2012, 1:47 am

zxy8 wrote:

Been a buildup over this summer of being alone and trying to break that routine of showing up to school, hang out with the same few bros, going back home and doing nothing because i didn't have the balls to go out and meet people. Not to mention when douchebags feel the need to brag about how many women they get...drives me insane to the point where i want to punch a wall...

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 11:11 am

Kaufmancab51 wrote:
zxy8 wrote:

Been a buildup over this summer of being alone and trying to break that routine of showing up to school, hang out with the same few bros, going back home and doing nothing because i didn't have the balls to go out and meet people. Not to mention when douchebags feel the need to brag about how many women they get...drives me insane to the point where i want to punch a wall...

You know, most guys that are in their teens to mid twenties are more likely to brag about certain accomplishments about how much they can drink, how many girls they have slept with and how much they can lift at the gym, etc. It is simply people trying to validate themselves to others and trying to gain approval. I would not worry much about this as they are making up for some insecurity they have about themselves.

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Sep 2012, 7:45 pm

Well, what about the suggestions that my friends are making?

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 11:55 am

If this happened outside of the workplace, don't pursue her. There are women who are nice at work, but don't give a crap about you off the clock.

If this happened at work, then don't read too much into it. Work is a stressful place.

As for you almost snapping, that's not good. Just because someone didn't look at you is no reason to get angry. I won't go all psychological on you, but that could be a much deeper issue than you know or than you are letting on.

As for the friend-fed suggestions - only do it if you're comfortable with it. IF you're not comfortable, you'll crash and burn. I speak from experience.

Also, why do you want women to notice you?

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Sep 2012, 12:49 pm

Taverson wrote:
Why do you want women to notice you?

I want to put myself out there, but I haven't really done so because of my shyness and lack of communication. I'm getting help from my friends who have had the experience.

Plus, i'm almost in my 20s, i'm almost near the prime of my life. Gotta get out there somehow.

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 1:07 pm

What I'm getting at is why do you want to put yourself out there? Why do you want to be noticed/appreciated?

What do you want out of doing that?

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Sep 2012, 1:11 pm

There's a desire for me to get back out in the dating world and find another woman to be with for a while.

For about a year and a half now, I've been recovering from a 2 year relationship and I feel confident enough to step back out and find another one.

I want another shot at love, and i'm not backing down this time.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 1:14 pm

Was it in an area she might not be used to seeing you? I've had this happen a few times.

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Sep 2012, 1:16 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
Was it in an area she might not be used to seeing you? I've had this happen a few times.

Probably...

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 3:40 pm

zxy8 wrote:

Wouldn't you be upset if a friend walked past you pretending you weren't there? You should be - it's rude... and certainly not friendly.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 7:47 am

BlueMax wrote:
zxy8 wrote:

Wouldn't you be upset if a friend walked past you pretending you weren't there? You should be - it's rude... and certainly not friendly.

The OP doesn't say she pretended he wasn't there, just that she walked past without turning her head. For all anyone knows, she may have just been preoccupied. I walk past people without noticing them all the time, and it's not because I have some evil plan to make them feel invalidated.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I