Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Cordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Dec 2012, 12:54 am

Friendship, let alone intimate relationships, have never been my forte. The older I've gotten the fewer people I've tried keeping close. I've never dated or even been in a relationship. I have however made an attempt at dating....but things tend to blow up in my face as soon as I share my feelings. I'm pretty sure it's because I feel strongly for those solitary individuals that actually get close to me in terms of friendship. From their point of view I can understand the blow up. What I'm having difficulty grasping (and subsequently fixing/changing) is my inability to not want more than friendship from these people. If my feelings for others totally turns them off from me then I want to learn to deal. I'm tried of being alone and feeling enslaved to my run away affection.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 5:09 am

Well, the only things I can think of are...

-Try to make your confessions over a text alternative (Texting or Email)

-Don't expect her to be your girlfriend (Assuming you're male) as soon as you confess. Tell her you like her, but don't expect her to like you back immediately, or you'll just chase her off again. Give it a week or two before bringing up the possibility of a relationship.

Not much experience in terms of this stuff (First girlfriend only a few hours ago) but this is what I can give you.

Author/Writer

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 1:57 pm

I can understand you quite well. I have a few quite close friends and maybe a few people I know from work/school. My thought is to do whatever is natural. Don't force a relationship, I don't think it will end well.

Also I think it's easy to think that you have feelings for a close friend when you are in this situation since you often feel alone and that you have something special in common with that other person. I really don't have a lot of experience with these things, these are just my thoughts.

Cordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Dec 2012, 10:45 pm

morslilleole wrote:
I can understand you quite well. I have a few quite close friends and maybe a few people I know from work/school. My thought is to do whatever is natural. Don't force a relationship, I don't think it will end well.

Also I think it's easy to think that you have feelings for a close friend when you are in this situation since you often feel alone and that you have something special in common with that other person. I really don't have a lot of experience with these things, these are just my thoughts.

I wasn't expecting anything other than. Thank you both.