2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 No 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 11:45 am

Break the ice. Ask a question.

When it comes to dating, approaching people you don’t know is probably the hardest part.What to say? How much to say? How not to say the wrong thing? How not to give off the wrong impression? The wrong vibe? How to approach without getting totally rejected? All of these questions plauge every single person out there.

more...

- Emerson

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 12:13 pm

I think it's helpful, but only if the subject is appropriate!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 12:55 pm

I agree.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 5:38 pm

I agree as well.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 5:41 pm

The catch is that I would have to be interested in that person. I don't go out with just anyone.

Tim

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 8:39 pm

:wink:

You've perplexed me.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 8:43 pm

The poll is asking whether you think taking your mind off of stressful situations is helpful.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 8:59 pm

hmmmm....let me think about it. I'll get back to you in slavic time (when the answer is complete-whenever and wherever that may be)

Interesting....

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:00 pm

SeaBright wrote:

You've perplexed me.

:?:
larsenjw92286 wrote:
The poll is asking whether you think taking your mind off of stressful situations is helpful.

No, the poll is asking ahether you find the article helpful. :D

- Emerson

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:05 pm

I found the article helpful in that it directs question asking to be something realitively 'cool' 'acceptable' 'entertaining' "preferable' to:

where do you live
who do you live with
what do you do in your spare time
do you have a boyfriend
what are you doing tonight
what are you doing this weekend

something like, if you were to paint a picture what colors would you use and why is SO MUCH MO BETTER. Being that it is friendly AND non confrontational. I'd say load up on ALOT of these and you will never be lonely again!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:11 pm

SeaBright wrote:
I found the article helpful in that it directs question asking to be something realitively 'cool' 'acceptable' 'entertaining' "preferable' to:

where do you live
who do you live with
do you have a boyfriend

something like, if you were to paint a picture what colors would you use and why is SO MUCH MO BETTER. Being that it is friendly AND non confrontational. I'd say load up on ALOT of these and you will never be lonely again!

I liked questions #3, and to a lesser extent, #5 and #6. I feel that the others could imply a stalker-type mentality on the first date. After that, it should be fine.

Tim

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:16 pm

Oh, I thought you were talking about common sense. In fact, I find it easier to relate to things that way.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:20 pm

MrMark wrote:
SeaBright wrote:

You've perplexed me.

I answered no on the poll.

Then realized that I had just answered the most entertaining question elsewhere on the forum. And realized that is just the sort of thing I would like to hear from anyone in general. Then reread the article, noticing the question choices and its similarity to the forum question (A Good experience) I previously mentioned. Then remembered a question a certain hottie asked me once, (A Good experience) noticing the similarity to the article question examples.

Then, seeing the abstract light, I was forced in honesty to change my answer to yes, as this behavior may have been done and I never even knew it, completely bypassing my normal 'ewwwww" response in those situations, to have been some of my most pleasant encounters with either sex-but definately with males.

uh. get that?

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:24 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
SeaBright wrote:

where do you live
who do you live with
do you have a boyfriend

I liked questions #3, and to a lesser extent, #5 and #6. I feel that the others could imply a stalker-type mentality on the first date. After that, it should be fine.

Tim

Yeah, those questions are alright after repoire is established. Though if done without it, they actually interfere with the repoire building process. Just for me-

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:31 pm

SeaBright wrote:
MrMark wrote:

I answered no on the poll.

Then realized that I had just answered the most entertaining question elsewhere on the forum. And realized that is just the sort of thing I would like to hear from anyone in general. Then reread the article, noticing the question choices and its similarity to the forum question (A Good experience) I previously mentioned. Then remembered a question a certain hottie asked me once, (A Good experience) noticing the similarity to the article question examples.

Then, seeing the abstract light, I was forced in honesty to change my answer to yes, as this behavior may have been done and I never even knew it, completely bypassing my normal 'ewwwww" response in those situations, to have been some of my most pleasant encounters with either sex-but definately with males.

uh. get that?

Uh, kinda. I think. :D

- Emerson

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:51 pm

:D I believe you :D
!good article