Not Sure of What I Should Do....

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 10:07 am

Recently I spent a couple of weeks in rehab recuperating from back surgery. While there I made friends with two women--one was a nursing assistant and the other a physical therapist.

I'm pretty sure the nursing assistant would like to be more than friends. She was constantly hanging out in my room and the day I left she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She's about my age, pretty and sweet, but I'm really more interested in the therapist.

The physical therapist is smart, funny, competent, fit, and a natural beauty. She's also about my age. I am extremely attracted to her and I think she might like me, but I cannot be sure...

She was always very friendly and pleasant and when we talked (we are both Walking Dead fans) she would put her hand on my arm or shoulder... At our last session when I told her I was going to miss her, she broke out with the most beautiful smile and gave me a hug.

I think I found her on linkedin. I'd like to contact her, but I don't want to seem like a stalker or make her uncomfortable if she's not interested in me...

She's the first woman I've been interested in, in a long time. I'm not sure what I should do.

:?

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 2:13 pm

I would let it go personally. Contacting her, particularly through linkedin, probably would come off as stalkerish or creepy. One thing you have to keep in mind is that in that role, it's her job to make you feel as comfortable and happy as she can, so it can often be difficult to read intentions in such a scenario. I'm not saying she definitely wasn't interested in you, but I am saying that there is a good chance that she was just doing her job.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 2:40 pm

It's very easy to mistake someone's professional concern, for a more personal one.

They would also avoid having a relationship with a patient, as it is against the code of ethics.

Let it go, is what I would suggest. Write a nice compliment to the management, and use the skills and confidence to get a girl outside that environment.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 3:40 pm

Yeah, you guys are probably right... definitely easy to get wrong signals in a therapy environment.

I think I will just let it go.

I have enough problems right now without the added stress of a relationship anyway. :wink:

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 3:45 pm

GoonSquad, it just shows you, sometimes it's when you least expect it, that you find someone who may be of interest to you.

Keep that thought. :wink: