are we aspie men bad with women or are women bad with us

Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 4:51 pm

now be honest. Are we aspie men just bad with women (or in some cases bad with selective group of women)
or are women just bad with us.
maybe women just don't know how to talk aspie men.
maybe women are just not use to us men with aspie or autism.
it could go both way but all answers are welcome.

I ask myself this all the time ''how I know it not just us aspie men with the problem, maybe were the one's with the problem,
maybe we are just too crazy for women but then I ask well, maybe it women. Maybe we are all right, but the women are the one's
with problem, maybe their the one, who don't know how to talk to us.''

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 4:53 pm

Neither. Aspie men and woman don't try hard enough.

You will find people who are accepting but we don't help ourselves.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:13 pm

I think this has already been discussed before. I don't have a very good track record, so let's assume based on that that I am bad with women.
I also have to deal with mind games and hard to get and women don't realize that I hate playing games. Let's assume based on that that women are bad with me.

It really doesn't matter. There are two sides of the coin with me.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

30 Dec 2012, 5:15 pm

It'd say it's a little bit of both, really.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

suboc-1
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Dec 2012, 5:19 pm

You know, this whole us and them mentality is a bad way to look at things in my opinion. Everyone is different everyone should work to accommodate each others differences. We can't blame a single party, especially when the parties are more like lines in the sand.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:39 pm

[img][400:400]http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/thefw.com/files/2012/08/Conspiracy-Keanu-on-Girls.jpeg[/img]

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:47 pm

Keanu Reeves is an Aspie isnt he? He was also a "heart throb" to a few. I know this because people came up to me and asked me if i was him along with other celebs i look nothing like.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:49 pm

1000Knives wrote:
[img][400:400]http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/thefw.com/files/2012/08/Conspiracy-Keanu-on-Girls.jpeg[/img]

To respond to the man in the photo: Because you are The One that must save Zion.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:56 pm

billiscool wrote:
now be honest. Are we aspie men just bad with women (or in some cases bad with selective group of women)

I ask myself this all the time ''how I know it not just us aspie men with the problem, maybe were the one's with the problem,
maybe we are just too crazy for women but then I ask well, maybe it women. Maybe we are all right, but the women are the one's

But you said in another thread that married women, even young ones, talk to you without any problems. Is it logical that women would suddenly acquire the ability to talk to you because they got married? No. That is not logical. What is far more likely is that the single women have no motivation to talk to you. It isn't that they can't (because apparently they can once they get married). It's that they won't. I strongly advise you to ask one of the married women that you know in real life for some tips and insight because they are the ones who can best see what is going wrong.

Someweirdo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Dec 2012, 7:08 pm

Both.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 7:32 pm

Definitely both. BECAUSE we're odd, awkward, opinionated and/or unconventional (our part) they often don't want to give us a chance because they prefer someone who can (literally) charm the pants off 'em - no effort required.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Dec 2012, 7:46 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Definitely both. BECAUSE we're odd, awkward, opinionated and/or unconventional (our part) they often don't want to give us a chance because they prefer someone who can (literally) charm the pants off 'em - no effort required.
I agree to a point.I think the Aspie method of communication is just ''different'' from the way most NT's communicate.Women are likely just used to being flirted with in a certain way and men with AS usually do not flirt/gameplay very well. What is the solution? Either learn how to do it[flirt] or focus exclusively on women who seem to be receptive or understanding to our oddness.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 7:50 pm

^^^ True. Many gals absolutely LOVE "the game"... the whole "how much can I say without saying a thing" game...

Direct communication is abhorrent to so many... they'd rather have teeth pulled.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 12:19 am

Janissy wrote:
billiscool wrote:

But you said in another thread that married women, even young ones, talk to you without any problems. Is it logical that women would suddenly acquire the ability to talk to you because they got married? No. That is not logical. What is far more likely is that the single women have no motivation to talk to you. It isn't that they can't (because apparently they can once they get married). It's that they won't. I strongly advise you to ask one of the married women that you know in real life for some tips and insight because they are the ones who can best see what is going wrong.

yep, once a young woman gets married or is in relationship they have no problem talking with me. I must have that look that just scares single,young women away. I guess.
and I have ask older women about meeting younger women and the older women tells me that Im a ''hansome and fun guy, and that no young women should have any problem with me''
so I guess young,single women just don't like me, well that is their lost then. But married women and older women like me, so I got something good there.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 1:05 am

Janissy wrote:
billiscool wrote:

Im just good with married women, I just know how to get them interest in me :) and 90% of the time, I don't have to do s**t.
I say one line and ''boom'' they go off and start blabbering away. same with the older women, I say the most stupidest thing and they go off like crazy. I have had three older women who want me to hang out and do stuff with them. I even had an older women invite me to go on vacation with her.

lukeinontario
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2012, 1:13 am

Eh, I think I'm better with women because of my AS. When I was younger, and didn't have social skills, I was able to emulate those skills.

Now, I do pretty well because I can emulate romantic feelings more easily. 8)