Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 6:24 pm

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt203249.html

She's coming back into the picture. :-/

Well, she was always around.... as a friend.

For those who don't know, she was the only woman I've successively dated (well, they weren't explicitly called dates by neither of us but ...yes, they were dates) through real life and not via some dating website and her interest was obviously the most intense, and maybe the most genuine, compared to all other women - I am talking totally objectively here regardless of how attracted I am toward her. The whole story can be found in the link above.

When I've realized back then that I am not too attracted to her I've decided to distant myself from her just in order to kill her interest in me without rejecting her upfront (I couldn't do it, this woman never shown any less than great niceness, respect, caring, consideration..and great interest toward me - she was a guaranteed gf prospect tbh), I've simply stopped initiating texting, showing interest, visiting her in specific ...etcc. I thought this worked as she stopped initiating texting too, for a period.

I haven't seen her for a whole couple of months but lately we had some group hang outs; and now she's showing signs of interests and been texting me again lately yet less obsessively than before; well...she texts me whenever she sees me online in fact so not sure how much less obsessively; and she is the one who knows me most too.

What's funny, that I value her now as a person even much more than before after seeing the loads of s**ts from some of the girls I met up/dated/contacted through dating websites; yes she had been obsessive in texting at times but never in a sick or annoying way (ie. she doesn't yell or go drama if I respond late to her texts). I like her more than before, tbh.

This evening ,all of the sudden, she was suggesting me to hang out together this Saturday and I was like "me and you?" and she was like "Well, I can ask S. and G. to come along (mutual buddies, her friends) but they both work Saturdays, you know"

:-|

I've responded that I'll let her know soon if I can make it this Sat.

and there's also that other woman I like and have been seeing lately and I am supposed to see her on Sunday ....

*scratching head* I've set my okc to 'seeing someone' and removed my pics on the other sites just not to face this again (decided to invest my energy/time by trying 1 after 1 way instead of several prospects at the same time); but here I go again...internal conflict!

Dafuq.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 6:49 pm

Basically as a male you have to deal with a trade-off between personality and looks.

We have all blown out chances with people we would be very compatible with because she wasnt (my bias) blonde, skinny, racked etc.

Dont let that crap fool you.

I dated one of the most beautiful women ive ever seen. Her personality was nonexistent.

It was a mistake. It did not last. She married a very RICH man instead, but she texts me from time to time.

They are probably both unhappy.

Take an 8 personality and 8 looks over a 10/1.

Thats my advice

Last edited by answeraspergers on 30 Jan 2013, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jan 2013, 7:55 pm

Looks fade with age, guaranteed. Personality does not, absent trauma. The choice should be pretty easy when considering it that way.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 8:08 pm

I don't see what the issue is. You said in the original post that you thought she was attractive, and you said in this post and that one that you like her personality. I don't understand why you just don't date her. I would be quite happy to have that sort of thing.

I don't see what the issue is in most of these dating posts to be honest.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 9:05 pm

I wonder if she's trying harder since you seem unavailable?

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 9:28 pm

ShamelessGit wrote:
I don't see what the issue is. You said in the original post that you thought she was attractive, and you said in this post and that one that you like her personality. I don't understand why you just don't date her. I would be quite happy to have that sort of thing.

I don't see what the issue is in most of these dating posts to be honest.

I agree, it sounds like you both have mutual respect and understanding, what more do you want?

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

Quote:
I've responded that I'll let her know soon if I can make it this Sat.

and there's also that other woman I like and have been seeing lately and I am supposed to see her on Sunday ....

*scratching head* I've set my okc to 'seeing someone' and removed my pics on the other sites just not to face this again (decided to invest my energy/time by trying 1 after 1 way instead of several prospects at the same time); but here I go again...internal conflict!

Despite one's best efforts to simplify and control; life happens.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 2:32 am

curlyfry wrote:
I wonder if she's trying harder since you seem unavailable?

She doesn't know I am dating someone.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 4:00 am

a diamond in the rough