How to Let a Guy Know you Want to Be More than Friends

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kiseki94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jan 2013, 8:17 pm

So, I successfully texted the guy I like and we hung out today. I'm sure that he doesn't have a girlfriend already. Next time I see him in person I want to confess my feelings. How should I phrase it? I was thinking along the lines of "You know, I really like you. I'd like to be be more than friends." By more than friends, I mean a romantic relationship. He already told me he likes strong, ambitious girls. I just need some help figuring out what I want to say. Do you have any experience with asking a guy out or having a girl ask you out?

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jan 2013, 8:37 pm

I haven't been approached by girls, but I do know that if I was I would much prefer an approach that is direct and to the point rather than vague and uncertain.

"Listen. It might be unexpected, but I have to say the truth. I really like you, and I would be interested in becoming more than friends, as long as you're okay with it."

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 8:43 pm

I have the same problem.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 9:38 pm

Usually the Aspie approach comes on too strong and it scares people. Just straight up say the words "I really like you" and don't say more than that. If you understand your own body language as well as his, try and make sure your body language matches what you are telling him.

Kiseki94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jan 2013, 10:23 pm

I did it!! ! He told me that he felt the same way!! Thanks for encouraging me!! :D

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 10:26 pm

*applause*

I remember when I asked out my ex...the urge to run screaming down the stairs just after I asked him was almost too much to bear...