Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 9:47 pm

Alright Im a Christian, I work(hours and locations vary), I go to school full time, help take care of my family(older). I cant drive "normally" yet. (I have a learners permit and have passed the motor cycle exam but I dont have a motorcycle). So how do I get a date? I dont mind online relationships, but I prefer real-life. I go to school to study(during my classes if I get done early I talk with my fellow classmates) and when Im at work I work. (I refuse to sit back and socialize when Im working at work/school).

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 9:59 pm

Other women will probably have better advice to give you, but I might still have some relevant things to say. First, what do you mean exactly by being "Christian"? Relevant because the idea I have of it involves kinda regular meetings to prayer groups, closer-knit than a traditional mass, and I remember a christian friend of mine meeting a girlfriend through one such groups, so that's an option. As a general rule, putting yourself more "out there", giving yourself more exposure, should increase the chances of being noticed and asked out for a possible date. On that, why do you have problems getting a date? Does your current lifestyle stop you from meeting new people? Do you see plenty of them on a regular basis, but not talk much with them? Do you talk, but they don't ask you out?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 10:48 pm

keep asking people out until someone says "yes". or let it be known through the grapevine when you find someone attractive, so they will be encouraged to ask you out.

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 2:13 am

Shatbat wrote:
Other women will probably have better advice to give you, but I might still have some relevant things to say. First, what do you mean exactly by being "Christian"? Relevant because the idea I have of it involves kinda regular meetings to prayer groups, closer-knit than a traditional mass, and I remember a christian friend of mine meeting a girlfriend through one such groups, so that's an option. As a general rule, putting yourself more "out there", giving yourself more exposure, should increase the chances of being noticed and asked out for a possible date. On that, why do you have problems getting a date? Does your current lifestyle stop you from meeting new people? Do you see plenty of them on a regular basis, but not talk much with them? Do you talk, but they don't ask you out?
to answer your christian question. well I believe in going to church/praying etc. Im not into sex or recreational drugs(not belief related), so that means most of the populaton is out already! lol

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 2:19 am

Many church denominations have occasional "singles groups/meetings" where you can meet other single people of your denomination. A great place to start!

If you can't handle people in person due to anxiety, I suppose there's http://www.christianmingle.com/

I'm in the same boat, though in no real rush... still having trouble recovering from separation.