If I am dating, I want a girl who has AS

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Alki
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Mar 2013, 7:13 pm

I am single and haven't dated or kissed before. I now feel more attracted to girls who have AS. I can only wonder where AS girls usually hang out in the real world. I know dating can make me impatient, so alternatively I can go for casual sex with anybody. So, my social limits by my odd speech and so on, can screw even that up too.

kirostun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Mar 2013, 7:33 pm

I don't know, i meet an As girl, but her special interest are not the same as mine so i ended with nothing more to say. :?

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 8:45 pm

< Dating a fellow Aspie from WP

IT WORKS.

Author/Writer

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 11:28 pm

Alki wrote:
I am single and haven't dated or kissed before. I now feel more attracted to girls who have AS. I can only wonder where AS girls usually hang out in the real world. I know dating can make me impatient, so alternatively I can go for casual sex with anybody. So, my social limits by my odd speech and so on, can screw even that up too.

Probably in their rooms, lol.

sparkylabs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Mar 2013, 7:49 am

uwmonkdm wrote:
Alki wrote:

Quite.

I know a girl who i suspect may have a slight touch of asperges and she is always at home. Never goes out unless with the club we both belong to or her parents or alone to go buy something.

Not been diagnosed with anything but I sure know I'm different somehow, and people treat me different, not that I care.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 9:04 am

If I am dating, I preferable want someone that is NT. But maybe a bit of artsy/openminded/slightly awkard NT.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 9:05 am

If I am dating, I preferable want someone that is NT. But maybe a bit of artsy/openminded/slightly awkard NT.

sparkylabs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Mar 2013, 9:06 am

Cafeaulait wrote:

likewise when I eventually find someone (or rather when she eventually wants a relationship). Someone who is on the border of the spectrum would be easier to relate to.

Not been diagnosed with anything but I sure know I'm different somehow, and people treat me different, not that I care.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

09 Mar 2013, 5:23 pm

Alki wrote:

It works better in your head than it does in practice. NT's are better because they are more empathetic, and personally, I think misunderstandings are less likely to happen when at least one party is "normal."

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

I think it's cool to date women with aspergers, but you will miss out on a lot of great people if you limit yourself to only <5% of women.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

09 Mar 2013, 10:54 pm

minervx wrote:
I think it's cool to date women with aspergers, but you will miss out on a lot of great people if you limit yourself to only <5% of women.

Even aside from the 4-1 ratio of HFA men to HFA women, I wouldn't count on it.

Judging from this board, a higher % of AS women are anti-sex in one way or another vs. the general population. So, if you're not, your odds of finding someone compatible with AS are even lower than what minervx suggests.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 5:40 am

sparkylabs wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:
Alki wrote:

Quite.

I know a girl who i suspect may have a slight touch of asperges and she is always at home. Never goes out unless with the club we both belong to or her parents or alone to go buy something.

their room is where teh TV and/or the computer is!

sparkylabs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2013, 6:41 am

Shebakoby wrote:

their room is where teh TV and/or the computer is!

Quite and she watches a lot of it. If I ever ring her house the phone is taken up to her room.

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 9:17 pm

I think judging whether you date someone based on whether they have a diagnosable psychological condition is a bit weird. There are probably traits that are attractive, and some.... not so much. And it is just excluding to many people. And people are unique and maybe all a bit different. Not that I ask girls on dates.

My massive meandering mind might be able to discern if someone seems the type. It is a rather broad subject though. It does seem very judge mental though. More important is if two people can get along and are they attracted to one another.

sparkylabs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Mar 2013, 12:42 pm

I would suggest that maybe the op has had problems with girls and found that there is just a knack of interacting with them that is not easy and maybe thinks that aspie girls will be easier to relate to.

I find that I know certain girls will "never look at me", it's part of this NT ritual of getting away with acting like you have more than you can offer while not delivering and the girl just "falls for you".

I find it easier to talk to "shy" girls as I know I don't need to put on an act and they are maybe more open to a shyer bloke not expecting "the studs" to cast their eye on them.

starrynightmare
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Mar 2013, 8:48 pm

I am a girl with AS and from my own experience where I would hang out, so to speak, is quite random. Really what I do is plan to go somewhere with friends but I go different places, like somewhere to eat, or a comic book store, or clothes shopping.

Also NONE of my close friends have AS, so it's not really like we all (girls with AS) hang out in the same place. Honestly I'd like more friends who actually have AS.

Sorry if that doesn't really help. If you want to meet a girl with AS whom you could possibly date I suggest using the internet, as you are, because if there's one place all Aspie girls are likely to go, it's the internet. Because we love the sweet comfort of a screen in front of us! :roll:

Oh, one more thing: if I were you I wouldn't limit myself to a girl with AS. I'm currently dating a wonderful NT guy who truly accepts me for who I am. Sometimes he doesn't understand things I go through but he is nonetheless supportive.