Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 7:45 pm

I got asked out by a cute guy who comes by the shop I work at. I have thought that he was cute, nice, and socially awkward, and very detail oriented. Last week he came by and I got up the courage to ask for his name and introduce myself, but we did not have the product he wanted so he was going to come by today as we were getting a shippment in today. I hoped that introducing myself would let him know that I was interested in him (and it got me his name). Thus I made sure that I was working today up front (I have been working more in the back with data entry and database management). My coworkers encouraged me to dress nice-ish and told me what hair style to wear to look nice, and told me not to ask too direct questions (such as 'hey are you single?). However all of there advise for what things to say or ask to subtly find out if he was single were not needed. He remembered my name when he came in, and while he was there he asked if I had a boyfriend, and then asked if he could have my phone number and wanted to do something with him sometime. It was not the smoothest conversation between the two of us (I failed to remember to also ask for his number) but it was cute and sweet.
Yeah!

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2013, 8:01 pm

Wow! That's awesome! Congrats!

Now I have hope that I won't be forever alone...

The "forgetting to ask for his number" thing is something I'd be prone to doing.

Seriously, though, that's great! And socially awkward and detail oriented? Maybe he's got a hint of Aspie in him.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 8:19 pm

Thanks UDAspie. Several of his behaviors and the directness in which he asked me out make me hope he has a bit of aspie-ness in him. And there is hope for you, one day you will find the person for you.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2013, 8:31 pm

Hope you have a great time.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 9:01 pm

Well thankfully he wasn't as shy as you or you'd never know.. :lol:

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2013, 9:02 pm

Aw that's great! I hope things go well!

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 9:21 pm

Keni, he has to actually text me to do something before we can have a great time but it is hopeful. I am glad that asking his name and introducing myself actually worked. Yeah for NT coworkers who help you get the cute guy you have been eyeing.

uwmonkdm - I am very glad that he is not as shy as I am. Then again I am really not that shy and have learned that being my usual forward self scares people off before they know me so I appear much more hesitant than I am at first. I wanted to just walk up to him and ask him if he was single and if he wanted to go get some coffee or tea with me. I was told by my several successfully married co-workers that this was a bad idea, especially for a girl as it makes one look "easy and desperate" instead of "I do not know what I am doing with social skills so lets barge in head first and put everything out in the open immediately". :wink:

I am glad that I have NT co workers who have advised me so far in not scaring the guy off. Sure if he did not ask me out this time the really confusing plan of my co workers would have taken months, but it seams to have worked for them and they were in consensus over it.