i miight have date on the 19th dont what to do

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

bennyben93
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2013, 6:25 pm

i ask a girl out about almost a week ago. she a friend of mine, she what to get dinner with me , im very neverous , i dont really like one on one with a female human , i like groups , even i am a aspie i have about 10-15 friends, some of them think that i shouldn't date right , but i can do a date this time ,

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 8:41 pm

it's normal to be nervious. Just try to be yourself and have fun. :)

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 8:43 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh4tHpUflDA[/youtube]

RELAX!! !! It's understandable to be nervous. Heck, I was so nervous that I nearly puked while sleeping over at the house of a girl I liked (no less my first kiss!! !) But that might have been a combination of caffeine and kelbasa and my mono-ruined stomach. But at least you're not driving 100 miles to meet a girl!

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 9:56 pm

If you're old enough, have a drink first but not more than two. help ya relax.
There's a lot of people on the planet, she is only one of them, she's probably nearly as nervous as you.

Compliment her lots, pay attention to what she says and respond so she knows you heard her.
be playful. tease with her and joke with the waitstaff.

If you get a bit nervouser look around for something to focus/distract you and kinda of appreciated it, for it's own coolness.

Blatantly ignore all other women.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 10:01 pm

Northeastern292 wrote:
[youtube]
RELAX!! !! It's understandable to be nervous. Heck, I was so nervous that I nearly puked while sleeping over at the house of a girl I liked (no less my first kiss!! !) But that might have been a combination of caffeine and kelbasa and my mono-ruined stomach. But at least you're not driving 100 miles to meet a girl!

    I wish we could hear THIS story! =)

Luath
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2013, 7:53 am

1401b wrote:
Northeastern292 wrote:
[youtube]

Yes, I second this!

On topic: try to be calm, don't think about what can go wrong; think about what can go right.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 10:09 am

Luath wrote:
1401b wrote:
Northeastern292 wrote:
[youtube]

Yes, I second this!

On topic: try to be calm, don't think about what can go wrong; think about what can go right.

M'kay, so story goes like this:

I'm from Upstate New York, and I was transferring to a new SUNY school and this girl was an incoming freshman. Anyways, we started chatting it up on Facebook, and before I know it, we were skyping and IM'ing like crazy and the like. She lived a hundred miles away from where I did, about an hour from Syracuse. So we set a date for a Saturday, and I headed down to where she lived, and we swung by the Carousel Mall (now Destiny USA) and had a blast. Held hands, had Taco Bell and we just couldn't stop holding hands. Her dad, a really chill guy, allowed me to spend the night and have barbecue with her extended family. Back at her dad's we made out on her bed. Strike one. A caffeinated first kiss. Then came meeting her family, and that was okay. But I downed enough kielbasa and macaroni salad to make my poor stomach say "HELP ME"! !! Between being nervous, eating fast food and stomach-upsetting food, I had a recipe for disaster. I spent nearly an hour crouched over at a really dirty toilet. Thankfully, my stomach contents stayed in my stomach. A fun weekend, but I learned something: stay away from girls who are obsessive ice coffee drinkers if you have an intolerance to caffeine like I have!! !

I think in the end I not only upset my stomach lining, I also was a nervous wreck. I went home the following day with a hickie on my neck.

The longer story is even funnier, but I'll leave that for the imagination. :D

Two weeks later I made another trip down. Bad decision., Needless to say I left early, and well, it was a nasty end. No cops, but tons of emotion. Turns out her heart turned on me, and whatever interest she had fled the coop. I might have been a little too clingy, but understand this was my first romantic relationship.

Since then, I've dated a best friend's younger sister (the only person I can consider even remotely an ex that I still on occasion chat with, but even that's awkward) and my most recent ex (who I no longer talk to on any basis).

My last ex was the one I had the longest romantic relationship with. The one before I've known her since elementary or middle school. My most recent ex is the one I almost lost my v-card to, and surprisingly, the relationship I was the most comfortable in, even though her parents and sister didn't really like me.

BTW: Although I am a natural-born storyteller, this is a TRUE story! :P

Zinnel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2013, 7:32 pm

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 8:21 pm

Zinnel wrote:

(checkmark)

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 8:54 pm

Your feelings are only natural about dating :) maybe have 1 or 2 drinks like suggested, and avoid being overly opinionated at least to begin with on your first date.

If you find you can't say much because you are nervous, just ask a couple of questions (though not too many!) about them and listen, and show you've listened by expanding on what they've said.

Good luck!